Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Disney

SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,669
edited August 6 in The Database
Just a quick one but I think we need two Disney themes one for minidolls and one for minifigures. At the moment #71040 Disney Castle is with the normal minidoll line and its looks like we are going to get a second d2c real soon. DC has its lines split. Maybe change it to Disney princess and then add a Disney line.

Comments

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,669
    Also just noticed the Juniors subtheme is "Disney Princess" so Disney Princess seems like a good idea.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,458
    Would the male minidolls be classified as "Disney Princess" too since that is the subtheme? Or would there need to be one for "Disney Prince"?

Disney Princess would just be the name of the theme. Like Pirates is the name of the theme but not all minifigures in that line are pirates.
    Switchfoot55
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    I don't see any reason the themes need to be listed separately, or any benefit to listing them separately. There have been plenty of themes with different types of figures appearing in different sets — for instance, Star Wars, Knights' Kingdom 2, Bionicle, Minecraft, and Legends of Chima have all included both buildable action figures and smaller minifigures. Likewise, Juniors included both minifigures and mini-dolls depending on the subtheme.
    Disney Princess WAS considered its own theme from 2014 to 2016, but from 2017 onward, Disney has been officially considered one theme which encompasses separate Moana, Frozen, Tangled: The Series, Disney Princess, and Palace Pets/Whisker Haven subthemes.
    The main reason for this is that Disney does not in fact consider Frozen, Moana, or Tangled: The Series part of the bigger Disney Princess IP.
    Baby_Yoda
    ^ It also includes the CMF line and Brickheadz if we are talking about lego.com

Juniors is the odd one out as its really made up of lots of themes and this has changed now to 4+ and works a bit better place sets in themes.

I still think the most like for like theme would be DC and DC girls.

Dont need to call it Disney princess but I do think the non minidoll line will get bigger and bigger and at some point will need to be moved out.

I would have the CMF line in there too but I dont think that would go down well.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,154
    Personally I'd prefer to see all the Disney/Pixar sets included in one theme with Subtheme used to denote specific films/series. So this way the older Cars and Toy Story sets would be included in an overarching Disney theme.

But ultimately I don't care that much as long as all the sets are in the Brickset database :-P

LostInTranslationstluxdatsunrobbie560Heliportklinton
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    SMC said:
    ^ It also includes the CMF line and Brickheadz if we are talking about lego.com
    I am not talking about LEGO.com. I'm referring to the theme branding on the boxes, instruction manual adverts, posters, etc.
    SMC said:
    I still think the most like for like theme would be DC and DC girls.
    DC and DC Super Hero Girls are listed as separate themes because LEGO consistently treats them as such (in their branding, website, catalogs, character encyclopedias, etc), not because they have different types of figures.
    ^ Your kind of making my point in 2016 when Disney Castle came out the branding on the boxes, instruction manual adverts, posters, etc was very different from the minidoll sets.

Anyway like I said I am sure it will be changed in time as we get more sets, if Disney castle was the dc2 for this line it would have had minidolls. Disney castle is the d2c for the CMF line like the Simpsons which only had CMFs and D2Cs.