Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Master List of Lego Production Errors

2»

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,114
    I just noticed that ‘time travelling’ part too!
    PJ76uk
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,113
    Not sure if there is a thread for instructions exclusively however I just caught this:

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,114
    This is the weird step we were talking about - it’s obviously pretty noticeable! ;)
    piratemania7
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,954
    @PJ76uk posted a pic of that Friday.
    piratemania7
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,113
    This is the weird step we were talking about - it’s obviously pretty noticeable! ;)
    @PJ76uk posted a pic of that Friday.
    That’s what I get for not looking at page 1.  Apologies!
    Astrobricks
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,562
    I found one in step 57 of 4504 Millennium Falcon
    https://www.lego.com/biassets/bi/4249049.pdf

The other two sets of instructions use a different part, which I found after fighting with the parts for 30 minutes
    https://www.lego.com/biassets/bi/4256111.pdf
    https://www.lego.com/biassets/bi/4264853.pdf
    veyniac
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,208
    Not the biggest of issues, but here's a pic of the Easter Chick Brickheadz and spare parts.

I got a "spare" of the medium azure 1x1 round plate, but none are used in the set. Suck it Lego..... I win this round!
    *evil cackle while rubbing fingers together in glee*
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 127
    Blame it on the virus.  Everyone's brains are turning to mush at this point.
    CM4S
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 473
    karrit said:
    Blame it on the virus.  Everyone's brains are turning to mush at this point.
    I would also like to want to go so far as to even want to do more like.
  • LEGOFanInPJLEGOFanInPJ Petaling Jaya, MalaysiaMember Posts: 1
    Just browsing through the downloaded V29 (international/ex-N. America) instruction manual for #31108 when I found this on page 121 (sorry about the snapshot quality, this was edited on mobile):
    CM4S
    Just browsing through the downloaded V29 (international/ex-N. America) instruction manual for #31108 when I found this on page 121 (sorry about the snapshot quality, this was edited on mobile):
    I can't spot what's wrong.
    gmonkey76CM4Ssid3windrMaffyD
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    The parts inventory page for #21117 Minecraft The Ender Dragon includes two trans red 1x1 round plates, and they are included in the set, but they are never used. My boys and I have put this set together several times and are always left scratching our heads at the plates. They aren't even used in the extra design suggestion section.
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 342
    I can't spot what's wrong.
    I think the outside canopy has been shifted inside.
  • GentlyBenevolentGentlyBenevolent Member Posts: 330
    The Lego Racers Ferrari FXX 1:12 Set Number 8156 Has 1 X 2569 Black Antenna Whip 8H, Nowhere In The Whole Build Of The Car Is It Used, Why Is There Lego??.

Gibbo1959 said:
    I don't think that's it. I was assuming it's showing that now you've finished it, you can take the roof off, store the canopy inside and replace the roof.
    sid3windrgmonkey76
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 342
    Gibbo1959 said:
    I don't think that's it. I was assuming it's showing that now you've finished it, you can take the roof off, store the canopy inside and replace the roof.
    Yup, that’s obvious now I’ve bothered to have a proper look! In which case, equally stumped on the ‘error’.
    gmonkey76
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,634
    In the new White House architecture set, the section of the instructions labelled 'West Wing' actually builds the East Wing, and the section labelled 'East Wing' builds the West Wing.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 277
    One in the new Destinys Bounty set in the instructions bag 12 is listed twice. Right after you finish bag 10 it says bag 12 instead of bag 11.
  • ScorpioJWScorpioJW Below sea levelMember Posts: 14
    In the instructions for #70317 the sword in the parts list has a blue tip and a grey handle. The model shows a grey tip and blue handle (as it should be):

AstrobricksKungFuKennyBumblepants
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 273
     42113 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey  was incorrectly manufactured with an official license making it a modern war machine instead of as a genric tilt-rotor aircraft, leading to the recall of the product.
    AstrobricksBumblepantsCasper_vd_Korfbandit778KungFuKennyiwybsjmeninnoBrickByBrick
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 772
    ^Ha.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,714
    What's the time in this build? About 9.25?

Yet look really closely and it is about 10 past 6.

Brainslugged
    This is another one that was pointed out somewhere about five years ago and I had forgotten about.

https://brickset.com/sets/70125-1/Gorilla-Legend-Beast

Compare the shoulder of the promo image to the box art. It looks like they did a new render for the promotional image but accidently moved the arm. This is still the main set image on brickset and on bricklink!

KungFuKenny
    Also saw this one on the BL forum a year or so ago.

In the instructions Catman has brown shorts on ...

Whereas in the minifigure they've been pulled down to reveal his undies. Or maybe they are just brown boots.

vanvonfull560HeliportBrainsluggedKungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,608
    Page 8 of the instructions for #8856 Whirlwind Rescue. Those don't look like "3" axles in the first step of each subassembly! 
    AstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 983
    My daughter spotted one:
    Who is missing in this?
    KungFuKenny
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,483
    edited August 5
    So the Trolls aren’t immune to this problem.

#41252 has you stick a musical note on a non-existent stud...

It it stays stuck on nothing for the rest of the booklet.
    560Heliportjason1976PeteMjmeninnoKungFuKennygmonkey76Bumblepantspvp3020pxchris
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,102
    So the Trolls aren’t immune to this problem.

#41252 has you stick a musical note on a non-existent stud...

It it stays stuck on nothing for the rest of the booklet.
    Maybe you are supposed to rub the piece on your hair so it can stick by static electricity?
    560Heliport7BSTheOriginalSimonBpxchris
  • Voltron86Voltron86 UKMember Posts: 20
    Just built The Mandalorian & The Child brickheadz and noticed that on the box has the Lightsaber in grey colour, however the parts supplied was metallic silver colour 
    560HeliportBumblepants