Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What has happened to VIP? Lost my cash and can't re-sign up to VIP, as my 'email already exists'!

2»

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,160
    @LuLego - My VIP rewards were stuck in USD even though I'm in the UK. A call to customer services fixed it almost immediately. She said it had automatically been set to USD as I'd been living in the US when I first set up my VIP account.

Regardless of the reason, they should be able to fix it pretty easily.

I contacted CS through text chat. I've found they seem to be a bit better at fixing problems than speaking in person. That's only a few occasions though.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 975
    I’ve done live chat 3 times! They said they’ve done what they can.

Interestingly, I created my account whilst on holiday in France. I wonder if that’s the reason?
    I have zero faith in the new VIP system, due to many screw ups I've experienced with it so far and calls to CS to rectify it. Plus the fact that the receipts no longer show your VIP total makes it very difficult to know if points are being earned/accumulated as they should be.

Because I have so little faith, I've started tracking my VIP points on a spreadsheet. I made a £60 online purchase last week purely to enable me to get the third Marvel poster. These points were added almost immediately. Then I made a purchase in-store on Sunday. The points weren't added immediately, but they were there 24 hours later. However, luckily I had my spreadsheet as the points from the online order have now vanished. I'll give it a couple more days to see if it fixes itself, but then it'll be another call to CS. Surely it would have been cheaper for Lego to have launched a fully operational new system than have to deal with the huge increase in volume if calls to CS?

On the plus side, I did get a bunch of points when i shouldn't have a couple of weeks ago, but i think I'll keep that particular problem under my hat for now. Unless Lego wants to start paying me to beta test their website.

In store on sunday, my £190 purchase initially rung up about £35 more than it should have done. They managed to correct it after I pointed it out. This may have just been an unlucky coincidence and a one-off user error, but at this point I'm not leaving anything to chance when it comes to Lego transactions.
    gmonkey76PyrobugLego_Starwindjammer
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 435
    I'm tempted to just cash in the points I have and be done with it. Much better deals online etc and I may use [email protected] or lego store for exclusives, if I really have to have it. But to use [email protected] for the points like before, I will just not bother
    davetheoxygenmanpirrowindjammerLego_Star
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 826
    colay said:
    I'm tempted to just cash in the points I have and be done with it. Much better deals online etc and I may use [email protected] or lego store for exclusives, if I really have to have it. But to use [email protected] for the points like before, I will just not bother
    I've been tempted also, but at the same time I'm worried about doing that, since it looks like they may be offering some exclusive rewards for points, and they may not be cheap (as shown by the availability of the Bat pod with the VIP kickoff). Of course, maybe that's just a dastardly ploy to keep people hording points and connecting into the VIP site....
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:
    I've been tempted also, but at the same time I'm worried about doing that, since it looks like they may be offering some exclusive rewards for points, and they may not be cheap (as shown by the availability of the Bat pod with the VIP kickoff). Of course, maybe that's just a dastardly ploy to keep people hording points and connecting into the VIP site....
    But then what happens if they disappear after a period of use, like before?
    How long do you wait for 'an exclusive'? I didnt even know about the Batpod, as I couldn't even get in to mine to use them
  • miamibearmiamibear OhioMember Posts: 14
    I'm trying to sign into the new Rewards Center and all it does is reload the page and I can't access my points. I went to order something and instead of a place to just use the points it says I need to enter discount code. I assume you get the discount code in Rewards Center (which I can't access.) I emailed Lego on August 2nd and have not received a reply.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 194
    @miamibear - I have a similar problem. I usually use Safari but needed to change my browser to Firefox in order to access the Reward Centre. 
    klintonmiamibear
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 387
    miamibear said:
    I'm trying to sign into the new Rewards Center and all it does is reload the page and I can't access my points. I went to order something and instead of a place to just use the points it says I need to enter discount code. I assume you get the discount code in Rewards Center (which I can't access.) I emailed Lego on August 2nd and have not received a reply.

I had the same problem. Enabling 3rd party cookies on the shop at home site fixed it.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 826
    colay said:
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:
    But then what happens if they disappear after a period of use, like before?
    How long do you wait for 'an exclusive'? I didnt even know about the Batpod, as I couldn't even get in to mine to use them
    They outlined somewhere (I forget where) that points will now last indefinitely, as long as there is activity on the account every 18 months or something similar.  Very similar to how most hotel/airline loyalty programs work now.  This change happened prior to the new program being fully rolled out, but I am pretty sure it rolled over with the new program.
  • miamibearmiamibear OhioMember Posts: 14
    Cymbeline said:
    @miamibear - I have a similar problem. I usually use Safari but needed to change my browser to Firefox in order to access the Reward Centre. 
    @cymbeline - That worked! Thank you very much, may your hockey team have great success this year!
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 194
    @miamibear - Thanks for your kind wishes but I don't have high hopes for the team since I didn't make the cut!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,460
    colay said:
    I've only used [email protected] and the Lego store for exclusives, PAB and bricks and pieces for some time now, or when there is a decent promotion on or a decent sale price. VIP are simply not worth it compared to other store discounts. Although the reason I stopped was because I was lied to by LEGO customer service around the time of TC-4.
    eMJeeNL
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    I'm sure it's connected with the implementation of the new VIP system, but my in store feedback requests via email don't seem to happen now - still waiting on the opportunity to leave feedback for a visit to the Metrocentre store last Sunday.

There was a new lass in there called "Jess", who had a trainee badge on. She was doing a great job of keeping my daughter (4) entertained at the mini fig building station.

I would've liked to have given her some great feedback.
    FizyxwindjammerMaffyD
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,294
    @monkeyhanger - yuou can always send CS a message to say how well the staff are doing, think they appreciate reading some positive feedback when they spend most of their time dealing with complaints. 
    monkeyhanger
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 537
    edited August 2019
    @monkeyhanger or drop the store an email. I know when I completed a form I'd get a response from the store saying "thanks for the feedback. I'm so and so and if you want to contact me about anything, here is the store details". sure you've probably got an old response somewhere (assuming that all stores did this)... 

Or next time you go in, just ask to speak to the manager and then give the feedback then :)
    Shibmonkeyhanger
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 970
    I'm sure it's connected with the implementation of the new VIP system, but my in store feedback requests via email don't seem to happen now - still waiting on the opportunity to leave feedback for a visit to the Metrocentre store last Sunday.

There was a new lass in there called "Jess", who had a trainee badge on. She was doing a great job of keeping my daughter (4) entertained at the mini fig building station.

They stopped sending the emails here at least a year or two ago, so it's nothing to do with the VIP overhaul. You can go to the Lego website manually and  fill out the survey. The exact link is at the bottom of every receipt. 
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    klinton said:

They stopped sending the emails here at least a year or two ago, so it's nothing to do with the VIP overhaul. You can go to the Lego website manually and  fill out the survey. The exact link is at the bottom of every receipt. 
    I buy the kids a big pot of parts or a set of 3 mini figs in the Lego shop most weeks. Last Sunday's visit was the first one we've not had an email request to leave feedback for about 48 hours after the visit.

Anyone else in the UK stopped getting the emails following a visit to a physical store?
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 516
    @monkeyhanger yes I was in the Milton Keynes last Saturday and in Stratford a couple of weeks ago and neither time did I get the email.  Always have previously.  

Though I'm more concerned that my VIP points for both sets pf purchases have still not shown up in my VIP account.  I emailed Customer Service on Tuesday evening and apart from the automated reply haven't heard back yet.  They usually reply fairly quickly so may have to chase them up.
    Hey folks, sorry to bring up older thread, but thought better than a new one.

Where do I see if my points are being added? You used to see it in the Orders page with the item and price etc. But, two recent orders with Lego (I get most from Amazon now because of this new system)
    Friends set and recent Advent calendars, I do not know how or where to check if these points have been added.
    Do I need to have logged into VIP section first? As that is the only thing I didn't do and am now thinking that may be it. I also cant find a history of points/how I got to my total so I am not sure if my total is even right to be able to check and also want to make sure I get Double VIP for the SW sets today.

Thank you
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 975
    Log in to the VIP section and click on the blue crown in the top right. That’ll give you a breakdown of your purchases and how many points they earned you.

I’ll have to contact them myself today as I bought and received the gingerbread house when it came out a while back and earned 400 points but they still don’t seem to be added to my account. But I’ve had many issues with the VIP account since its launch!

colay
    Yeah, this VIP change sucks sucks sucks
    Ive just seen the Zero point sweepstakes, thats sold out. Nice of Lego to tell me that was even there. But fed up with them tbh
    LuLego said:
    Log in to the VIP section and click on the blue crown in the top right. That’ll give you a breakdown of your purchases and how many points they earned you.

Ta, found it :) Looks like they were added, but points vary wildly for very similar spends!!!! gggrrr
  • daryllginodaryllgino FloridaMember Posts: 9
    hi. i just want to know how you guys can login in vip program. mine is redirecting to the blue page over and over. thanks
    colay said:
    Yeah, this VIP change sucks sucks sucks
    Ive just seen the Zero point sweepstakes, thats sold out. Nice of Lego to tell me that was even there. But fed up with them tbh
    You really need to stop overreacting to absolutely nothing, eh? 99.999% of your 'complaints' here are reactions to your own misconceptions. There was a sweepstakes. It cost 1000pts per entry. It ended. There hasn't been a new offer in it's place. The 'zero points' button you're seeing is just the dead link where the original sweepstakes offer was.

Breathe. Relax. Hahaha.

hi. i just want to know how you guys can login in vip program. mine is redirecting to the blue page over and over. thanks
    Try switching browsers. I had the same thing when using Chrome, but switching to Firefox resolved it.
    colayAyliffeSumoLego
    @klinton i already tried switching to firefox but still going back to the blue page. safari, firefox, chrome, edge. i even tried using my friends phones too. so i guess the problem is not the browser
    @klinton i already tried switching to firefox but still going back to the blue page. safari, firefox, chrome, edge. i even tried using my friends phones too. so i guess the problem is not the browser
    You have to adjust your parameters. Turn off ad blockers and enable third party cookies, ect. This is why Firefox is the easiest, as all of these things are manually controlled more easily. The VIP site is very needy. I suspect Lego is trying to further defer the costs of the program via data collection, tbh.

@klinton over reacting is what I do best! :)
    Lego_StarMaffyD
    @klinton i only know how to do ad blockers in safari cause im using ipad. anyway, i create a new lego account and joined vip, turns out i can login with the vip program with this account. i guess ill just contact them about my old account to transfer my points from there. thanks for your help
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    When speaking to CS recently, the person did say that 'customers asked to do something else with the points that wasn't just money off' and 'the vip system is now totally outsourced which is why its a separate site'.

Infer from that what you may...
    AstrobricksMooreFX
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,613
    I discovered that my Firefox ublock origin add in to stop flash actually caused my VIP site access issues. When I disabled it, it allow the site to load.
    colay
    I discovered that my Firefox ublock origin add in to stop flash actually caused my VIP site access issues. When I disabled it, it allow the site to load.
    I'll try that as still having FFox issues
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 646
    Question: has anyone tried combining a 50€ coupon with a 20€ coupon on one order at the LEGO store itself? Can you combine or is it one coupon per order? 
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 308
    wardm said:
    Question: has anyone tried combining a 50€ coupon with a 20€ coupon on one order at the LEGO store itself? Can you combine or is it one coupon per order? 
    Yup, you can stack as many of the discount vouchers as you like in one order/instore purchase - it's only the codes for physical freebies online that are limited to one per order innit.
    KungFuKennyFizyxwardmThe_RancorSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    edited October 2019
    Random Information:

Depending on how old your account is, where you signed up for your VIP account and when you signed up - there are some odd quirks.

If you had/have a LEGO ID and linked it to your VIP number, you can (erroneously) order product by logging in with your e-mail address.  The e-mail address and LEGO ID are not interchangeable.  If you order using the e-mail address, the order may not show up in your LEGO ID account, and any points would have to be manually moved to your VIP.  You can essentially place orders using the same e-mail address associated with the LEGO ID, but they don't register as an order in the LEGO ID profile.

Anyway - when you place an order, use your LEGO ID, and make sure your VIP is associated with the LEGO ID account, and not just your e-mail.

Whew!
    andheLego_StarFizyxReesesPiecesBaby_YodaAyliffemadforLEGOsnowhitie
    say what?! :)
    SumoLegoLego_StarAstrobricksBrainslugged
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,548
    So I was going to redeem my points for some vouchers, and they are sold out of the $5 dollar in store ones. That has to be a mistake otherwise the new point system is even more of a joke than we thought.
    madforLEGOKungFuKennysid3windr
    edited November 2019
    I thought I'd blow all my points today to justify getting the Disney Train at 30% off.
    Especially after the mess the main Lego website has been in today (Black Friday), I really wasn't sure how well it would work. So I claimed 2x £100 while in the line to pay and two emails came through. I had assumed the emails would have a barcode or something to scan, but as soon as I went to pay, the cashier said "you have £200 balance on your VIP card... would you like to use that to pay with?" Can't believe how quick and flawlessly it all worked.
    KungFuKennystluxklinton
    I thought I'd blow all my points today to justify getting the Disney Train at 30% off.
    Especially after the mess the main Lego website has been in today (Black Friday), I really wasn't sure how well it would work. So I claimed 2x £100 while in the line to pay and two emails came through. I had assumed the emails would have a barcode or something to scan, but as soon as I went to pay, the cashier said "you have £200 balance on your VIP card... would you like to use that to pay with?" Can't believe how quick and flawlessly it all worked.
    I wanted to get 200 off the batmobile, but there was NO WAY, i as tyring that today and was relieved I hadnt cashed them in to use online, as i struggled to get into my account at 11pm. Luckily, the cat woke me up at 2.30am, and i tried again and got one, but I didnt wanna risk not getting something and having to use the vouchers to spend on somehting anywa.

Glad it worked for you :)
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,416
    Just send another email to Lego customer service regarding their website. I am not able to place any order online. I do not understand why I can't as I have tried various things, and am inclined to think that it cannot be something on my end that causes this. The trouble started when they launched their renewed website earlier this year.
    Besides, I never have a problem when I e.g. order online via Amazon.
  • keithsimpsonkeithsimpson Member Posts: 53
    Same here
    Brainslugged said:
    I still find it funny that they ask you if you wish to use the credit. I deliberately logged in and selected the vouchers prior to coming to the register, but no, I don't think I'll be using the credit today. :p
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,446
    Just send another email to Lego customer service regarding their website. I am not able to place any order online. I do not understand why I can't as I have tried various things, and am inclined to think that it cannot be something on my end that causes this. The trouble started when they launched their renewed website earlier this year.
    Besides, I never have a problem when I e.g. order online via Amazon.
    Make sure your phone number is filled in in your profile (not in the info when ordering, but in your actual profile). It wasn't required before but it is now, and their process fails miserably and very unclearly when you don't have it in there.
    Astrobricks
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,416
    @sid3windr          
    Thanks, yes it is.
    Anyway I visited the new Lego store in Amsterdam, and only at the till did I realize that you now also have to activate vouchers on your VIP account in order to redeem the points for extra discount. The VIP site is a separate website, and different from the Lego [email protected] site itself. The staff members in store were all super friendly and helpful too as I sorted all this stuff out on my phone which I actually never use when ordering Lego online. I know, I know, I am old-fashioned, preferring a lap/desktop for such things.
    Still, the Lego [email protected] site is notorious for not working as it is supposed to.
  • Voltron86Voltron86 UKMember Posts: 14
    Does anyone know how VIP points are calculated when you use a VIP voucher? I.e. Spend £100 and have a £50 voucher, new total is £50, do you get VIP points on the initial pre voucher (£100) or the total amount spent (£50).
    You don't get points towards the amount spent in vouchers, just the total you actually spend. It's in your best interest not to redeem points during 2x VIP events.
    Bumblepants
    klinton said:
    You don't get points towards the amount spent in vouchers, just the total you actually spend. It's in your best interest not to redeem points during 2x VIP events.
    Agreed. The best time to spend points is when there is a GWP or discount. Never spend them when it's double VIP.
    Voltron86 said:
    Does anyone know how VIP points are calculated when you use a VIP voucher? I.e. Spend £100 and have a £50 voucher, new total is £50, do you get VIP points on the initial pre voucher (£100) or the total amount spent (£50).
    You will only receive points on the cash you spend. So if you used a voucher to cover half your £100 spend, you will only earn VIP points on the £50 you spent with actual money. In this instance you'll earn £2.50 of points (or £5 during double points periods such as now).
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,312
    Gosh.  Haven't logged into the VIP website for ages, and then on Friday, bought my first set from a Lego store since early last year.  The whole programme change thing had passed me by, but the assistant said something about 'points not showing on the receipt' and I just assumed the system was down.

Did some digging when I got home... talk about one step forward and five steps back!  So instead of just using points at the till if you feel like it, you have to plan ahead, download the voucher and then what do you do if the set you want is out of stock?  You're forced to use it within 30 days or lose it!

For those of us who don't have a mobile phone, it's a bit of a problem.

colayKungFuKennysnowhitie
    Yup, welcome to 'progression' in the 21st Century lol