Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What has happened to VIP? Lost my cash and can't re-sign up to VIP, as my 'email already exists'!

2»

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 814
    @LuLego - My VIP rewards were stuck in USD even though I'm in the UK. A call to customer services fixed it almost immediately. She said it had automatically been set to USD as I'd been living in the US when I first set up my VIP account.

Regardless of the reason, they should be able to fix it pretty easily.

I contacted CS through text chat. I've found they seem to be a bit better at fixing problems than speaking in person. That's only a few occasions though.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 921
    I’ve done live chat 3 times! They said they’ve done what they can.

Interestingly, I created my account whilst on holiday in France. I wonder if that’s the reason?
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 814
    I have zero faith in the new VIP system, due to many screw ups I've experienced with it so far and calls to CS to rectify it. Plus the fact that the receipts no longer show your VIP total makes it very difficult to know if points are being earned/accumulated as they should be.

Because I have so little faith, I've started tracking my VIP points on a spreadsheet. I made a £60 online purchase last week purely to enable me to get the third Marvel poster. These points were added almost immediately. Then I made a purchase in-store on Sunday. The points weren't added immediately, but they were there 24 hours later. However, luckily I had my spreadsheet as the points from the online order have now vanished. I'll give it a couple more days to see if it fixes itself, but then it'll be another call to CS. Surely it would have been cheaper for Lego to have launched a fully operational new system than have to deal with the huge increase in volume if calls to CS?

On the plus side, I did get a bunch of points when i shouldn't have a couple of weeks ago, but i think I'll keep that particular problem under my hat for now. Unless Lego wants to start paying me to beta test their website.

In store on sunday, my £190 purchase initially rung up about £35 more than it should have done. They managed to correct it after I pointed it out. This may have just been an unlucky coincidence and a one-off user error, but at this point I'm not leaving anything to chance when it comes to Lego transactions.
    gmonkey76PyrobugLego_Starwindjammer
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 327
    I'm tempted to just cash in the points I have and be done with it. Much better deals online etc and I may use [email protected] or lego store for exclusives, if I really have to have it. But to use [email protected] for the points like before, I will just not bother
    davetheoxygenmanpirrowindjammer
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 751
    colay said:
    I'm tempted to just cash in the points I have and be done with it. Much better deals online etc and I may use [email protected] or lego store for exclusives, if I really have to have it. But to use [email protected] for the points like before, I will just not bother
    I've been tempted also, but at the same time I'm worried about doing that, since it looks like they may be offering some exclusive rewards for points, and they may not be cheap (as shown by the availability of the Bat pod with the VIP kickoff). Of course, maybe that's just a dastardly ploy to keep people hording points and connecting into the VIP site....
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 327
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:
    I've been tempted also, but at the same time I'm worried about doing that, since it looks like they may be offering some exclusive rewards for points, and they may not be cheap (as shown by the availability of the Bat pod with the VIP kickoff). Of course, maybe that's just a dastardly ploy to keep people hording points and connecting into the VIP site....
    But then what happens if they disappear after a period of use, like before?
    How long do you wait for 'an exclusive'? I didnt even know about the Batpod, as I couldn't even get in to mine to use them
  • miamibearmiamibear OhioMember Posts: 13
    I'm trying to sign into the new Rewards Center and all it does is reload the page and I can't access my points. I went to order something and instead of a place to just use the points it says I need to enter discount code. I assume you get the discount code in Rewards Center (which I can't access.) I emailed Lego on August 2nd and have not received a reply.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 85
    @miamibear - I have a similar problem. I usually use Safari but needed to change my browser to Firefox in order to access the Reward Centre. 
    klintonmiamibear
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 327
    miamibear said:
    I'm trying to sign into the new Rewards Center and all it does is reload the page and I can't access my points. I went to order something and instead of a place to just use the points it says I need to enter discount code. I assume you get the discount code in Rewards Center (which I can't access.) I emailed Lego on August 2nd and have not received a reply.

I had the same problem. Enabling 3rd party cookies on the shop at home site fixed it.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 751
    colay said:
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:
    But then what happens if they disappear after a period of use, like before?
    How long do you wait for 'an exclusive'? I didnt even know about the Batpod, as I couldn't even get in to mine to use them
    They outlined somewhere (I forget where) that points will now last indefinitely, as long as there is activity on the account every 18 months or something similar.  Very similar to how most hotel/airline loyalty programs work now.  This change happened prior to the new program being fully rolled out, but I am pretty sure it rolled over with the new program.
  • miamibearmiamibear OhioMember Posts: 13
    Cymbeline said:
    @miamibear - I have a similar problem. I usually use Safari but needed to change my browser to Firefox in order to access the Reward Centre. 
    @cymbeline - That worked! Thank you very much, may your hockey team have great success this year!
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 85
    @miamibear - Thanks for your kind wishes but I don't have high hopes for the team since I didn't make the cut!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,693
    colay said:
    I've only used [email protected] and the Lego store for exclusives, PAB and bricks and pieces for some time now, or when there is a decent promotion on or a decent sale price. VIP are simply not worth it compared to other store discounts. Although the reason I stopped was because I was lied to by LEGO customer service around the time of TC-4.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,812
    I'm sure it's connected with the implementation of the new VIP system, but my in store feedback requests via email don't seem to happen now - still waiting on the opportunity to leave feedback for a visit to the Metrocentre store last Sunday.

There was a new lass in there called "Jess", who had a trainee badge on. She was doing a great job of keeping my daughter (4) entertained at the mini fig building station.

I would've liked to have given her some great feedback.
    Fizyxwindjammer
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,184
    @monkeyhanger - yuou can always send CS a message to say how well the staff are doing, think they appreciate reading some positive feedback when they spend most of their time dealing with complaints. 
    monkeyhanger
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 500
    edited August 9
    @monkeyhanger or drop the store an email. I know when I completed a form I'd get a response from the store saying "thanks for the feedback. I'm so and so and if you want to contact me about anything, here is the store details". sure you've probably got an old response somewhere (assuming that all stores did this)... 

Or next time you go in, just ask to speak to the manager and then give the feedback then :)
    Shibmonkeyhanger
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 499
    I'm sure it's connected with the implementation of the new VIP system, but my in store feedback requests via email don't seem to happen now - still waiting on the opportunity to leave feedback for a visit to the Metrocentre store last Sunday.

There was a new lass in there called "Jess", who had a trainee badge on. She was doing a great job of keeping my daughter (4) entertained at the mini fig building station.

They stopped sending the emails here at least a year or two ago, so it's nothing to do with the VIP overhaul. You can go to the Lego website manually and  fill out the survey. The exact link is at the bottom of every receipt. 
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,812
    klinton said:

They stopped sending the emails here at least a year or two ago, so it's nothing to do with the VIP overhaul. You can go to the Lego website manually and  fill out the survey. The exact link is at the bottom of every receipt. 
    I buy the kids a big pot of parts or a set of 3 mini figs in the Lego shop most weeks. Last Sunday's visit was the first one we've not had an email request to leave feedback for about 48 hours after the visit.

Anyone else in the UK stopped getting the emails following a visit to a physical store?
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 474
    @monkeyhanger yes I was in the Milton Keynes last Saturday and in Stratford a couple of weeks ago and neither time did I get the email.  Always have previously.  

Though I'm more concerned that my VIP points for both sets pf purchases have still not shown up in my VIP account.  I emailed Customer Service on Tuesday evening and apart from the automated reply haven't heard back yet.  They usually reply fairly quickly so may have to chase them up.