Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

CREATOR EXPERT 10269 Eleano?

mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 315
Found this on the back of the new calendar in mexico today and it sure looks like the L A storm drain chase scene 
LEGOFan2gmonkey76

Comments

• Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 50
    10269 is the Harley Davidson, we’ve seen leaks of it already.
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 166
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 243
    So what's everyone's opinion? 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,637
    ^ Its looks great but its just too big so wont fix with the cars we already have.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 461
    I do agree that it doesn't scale with some of the other vehicles, but at the same time, most of the vehicles don't properly scale with each other anyways.

I think the model looks fantastic. I'm not a huge motorcycle guy or anything, but I can absolutely see adding this to my collection.
    BumblepantsAstrobricksMynattMr_CrossShib
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 56
    I think it’s an impressive model. Great detail. I like that they have been consistently releasing these Creator vehicle sets. I’m not a motorcycle guy and won’t be adding it to my collection, though. 
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 165

As impressive as these Creator Expert sets are, I do feel the lack of chrome, or at least drum lacquered silver parts limits the aesthetic appeal.  I believe these sets are targeted at adults who are not necessarily AFOLs, but rather fans of the respective source material, and their appreciation for the finished model is diminished by the lack of “shiny bits”.  

It seems that chrome has all but vanished from the Lego palette, but other than an increase in price, what is holding back the use of more silver pieces?  I’d be willing to pay a little more for this model if it had less bley and more silver.

Is there a technical issue limiting the use of drum lacquered silver on these parts?

pharmjod
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 365
    If I remember correctly (think I read in somewhere on this forum), they had issues with the chromed parts peeling.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,637
    pxchris said:
    I do agree that it doesn't scale with some of the other vehicles, but at the same time, most of the vehicles don't properly scale with each other anyways.
    Yeah your right they dont scale with each other but at the same time they still look good together whereas I think this will look silly next to any of the other vehicles.
    @mustang69

Yes, I believe chrome parts have been virtually eliminated due to durability and safety concerns for children's products.  I was referring to the drum lacquered silver that is still widely used today. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,316
    What’s an Eleano, other than somebody’s name or a winery in Italy?
    Jern92sid3windr
    ^Pretty sure they were going for Eleanor, the 1967 Mustang in Gone in 60 Seconds.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,255
    voltron has a bunch of shiny parts including a few made specifically for it I think. still looks pretty great, but a bit expensive, unless it's somehow as big as the mini cooper maybe?
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    £150 in chrome parts and it'll be great.
    sid3windr
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    edited July 10
    Looks great, but it’s a motorbike so I won’t buy it. Not bothered by scale though...
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    edited July 10
    While the set looks amazing, it too bad they based it off the worst looking Fat Boy ever made. I'm on the fence with this one, and I've owned many real Harleys.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,390
    If I was even slightly into bikes, I'd get this like a shot. But I'm not, so...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    mh3490 said:

L A storm drain chase scene 

Shame, it could have been from Grease!

SumoLego
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 958
    Definitely want this.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 671
    ^^I immediately thought of Grease or Terminator 2.  Both could be a source of some pretty good LEGO sets
    SumoLego
  • thehoarderthehoarder USMember Posts: 80
    this is in a local toy shop already.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    Given the current political climate I would not expect to see anything relating to Grease.  Or Terminator.  Anything romanticizing 'old fashioned' social mores invites criticism and protest.  There are plenty of folks and groups cruising for a convienent target for protest.
    dmcc0 said:
    ^^I immediately thought of Grease or Terminator 2.  Both could be a source of some pretty good LEGO sets
    That said, anytime there is design time dedicated to '50's - '70's automobiles, I'll buy two.  I don't like motorcycles, but the Harley will definitely make its way to some display shelf I have yet to purchase.
    Switchfoot55M1J0Edmcc0bgl_84sid3windr
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904
    I'm just glad that part 2489 is going to be available in MSG/LBG again as they were blooming expensive on the secondary market.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 482
    Quantum Leap?

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 421

As impressive as these Creator Expert sets are, I do feel the lack of chrome, or at least drum lacquered silver parts limits the aesthetic appeal.  I believe these sets are targeted at adults who are not necessarily AFOLs, but rather fans of the respective source material, and their appreciation for the finished model is diminished by the lack of “shiny bits”.  

It seems that chrome has all but vanished from the Lego palette, but other than an increase in price, what is holding back the use of more silver pieces?  I’d be willing to pay a little more for this model if it had less bley and more silver.

Is there a technical issue limiting the use of drum lacquered silver on these parts?

There's a third option, in addition to chromed and drum lacquered parts. Lego currently produces parts in a colour Brickset calls 'Silver Metalic' (ex: https://brickset.com/parts/6214125/claw-3-module-w-3-2-holder). It's not chrome level shiny, but it's a better option than bley, no? 
    tomahawker
    My recollection of Silver Metallic is that it's a softer material than the typical ABS used in bricks and plates.  There is also very obvious mold flow patterns in the finish.  But I agree with you that it would probably look better than bley.

I wish one of the designers would come forward with some details on why chrome, drum lacquered silver, and silver metallic were all rejected in favor of bley.  If there are quality or fitment reasons I could accept that, but if the sole reason was to save a few dollars on the sell price, I think that was a poor decision.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,437
    I'll be surprised if there is not a version of the bike with chromed parts posted on the interwebs withing the next couple of weeks. The bigger question is whether or not somebody starts selling the chromed parts as a bundle, and how much more they will cost than the bike.
    dmcc0
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    For those that don't like the lack of crome parts you can always change them to black. Harley has a history of blacked out chromed parts. Heres a picture of what I think is one of the best looking Fat Boys ever.
    560HeliporttomahawkerAstrobricksGruff666TrainboySumoLegosid3windrTXLegoguydmcc0
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 707
    klinton said:

There's a third option, in addition to chromed and drum lacquered parts. Lego currently produces parts in a colour Brickset calls 'Silver Metalic' (ex: https://brickset.com/parts/6214125/claw-3-module-w-3-2-holder). It's not chrome level shiny, but it's a better option than bley, no? 

My recollection of Silver Metallic is that it's a softer material than the typical ABS used in bricks and plates.  There is also very obvious mold flow patterns in the finish.  But I agree with you that it would probably look better than bley.

I wish one of the designers would come forward with some details on why chrome, drum lacquered silver, and silver metallic were all rejected in favor of bley.  If there are quality or fitment reasons I could accept that, but if the sole reason was to save a few dollars on the sell price, I think that was a poor decision.
    Silver Metallic isn't softer unless it's molded in a material that's softer—regular ABS is used in that color for parts like shields all the time.

However, in the case of this set, replacing all or even most of the visible bley with silver metallic would require dozens of new recolors on top of the recolors the set already offers. Silver Metallic also occasionally has visible "streaks" that come from the metallic additive not mixing in evenly, which might have been viewed as less preferable than a color that was less reflective but more consistent in hue.
    sid3windrM1J0E
    any body want one now? I found this kit in my Local toy store. 
    This?
    This?
     yep this fat boy bike. it is normal price.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 470
    Why this thread title still Eleano?  I don't think anybody knows what this is suppose to mean.  The set is a Harley, period.

Anyway, personally I'm underwhelmed.  I'm not a big fan of motorcycles, to the point where I frequently make Mad Max references to my friends that are bikers.  It doesn't jump out at me and scream that I have to have it.  It's a nice looking set and seems well done, but clearly not my cup of tea. 

BumblepantsAstrobricks
    This?
     yep this fat boy bike. it is normal price.
    Oh, ok. The word kit threw me. We normally call them sets.
    thehoardersid3windr
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,653
    Why this thread title still Eleano?  I don't think anybody knows what this is suppose to mean.  The set is a Harley, period.

I keep looking at this thread in hopes someone will unravel the mystery. The only possibility I saw was someone suggesting the Mustang Eleanor. But that doesn't make any sense at all that they would release a second Creator Expert Mustang 4 months after the first one.
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 168
    Are you able to buy that harley davidson set? There is message it will be available from 17th for VIP and Im VIP but I cannot buy it..
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,653
    ersi said:
    Are you able to buy that harley davidson set? There is message it will be available from 17th for VIP and Im VIP but I cannot buy it..
    You probably have to spend VIP points or something stupid now...
    ersi said:
    Such things seldom go into effect at precisely midnight, even ignoring time zone issues. Have you tried again today?
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 168
    @Astrobricks
    yes yes it works trought phone :D but on pc it doesnt work for me..
    Astrobricks