Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO sets to buy

Comments

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,022
    @mafon I actually picked that one up a couple of weeks back. It's not 'amazing', but for 20$ you really can't go wrong. All three builds are fun, particularly the ship. There are no exceptionally interesting pieces in the set, but it's got a fair share of useful parts. Def grab it at that price.
    Lordmoralmafon
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,183
    I really like that! The "Skull Island" build on its own will go very nicely with TPoBB.

Amazon have it available (out of stock at shop.lego.com), so I've just put in an order.
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 630
    karrit said:
    It came out in 2018.  I bought one because it was the only Pirate themed set available other than the Roller Coaster.  It's a cute little set with a Skull Island & Ship alt. builds.  I don't know who is selling it for $20 though.
    Thanks for the information.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 798
    Lordmoral said:
    I wonder... Is the TC logo in the gravestone for our very own Tiago? It looks like his logo... It's on a gravestone and he left the company... Makes me curious if it's an endearing testament from a friend at Lego
    Knowing how LEGO designers love to cram these Expert sets with references I wouldn't be surprised. I guess we will know eventually.
    It is! Confirmed via Tiago on his Instagram and YouTube channel. Pretty cool, I think.

@CaptainRogers
    I looked at a close up image of the red seal with Tiago's logo on the Ship in the Bottle (I don't own it) and I think it is definitely a match. Great observation - I didn't even notice it!
    Good cross-reference! I had totally forgotten about that seal, since I don't own the set. 
    LordmoralKoolbrix2018
    Lordmoral said:
    I wonder... Is the TC logo in the gravestone for our very own Tiago? It looks like his logo... It's on a gravestone and he left the company... Makes me curious if it's an endearing testament from a friend at Lego
    Knowing how LEGO designers love to cram these Expert sets with references I wouldn't be surprised. I guess we will know eventually.
    It is! Confirmed via Tiago on his Instagram and YouTube channel. Pretty cool, I think.

@CaptainRogers
    I looked at a close up image of the red seal with Tiago's logo on the Ship in the Bottle (I don't own it) and I think it is definitely a match. Great observation - I didn't even notice it!
    Good cross-reference! I had totally forgotten about that seal, since I don't own the set. 
    You don't own the Ship in a Bottle set? It's a very good build and a difficult one but it's worth it.
    Okay, so in light of a cooldown period I made another order and by the lools of it it's on the shipping route. It consists of:
    - Lighthouse of Darkness;
    - Wonder Woman 1984 radar dish;
    - Black Widow Helicopter;
    - x1 Blue Baseplate;
    - x1 Curved and T Roadplates;
    - x1 Straight and + Roadplates.
    All for the price of $2.ish thanks to my saved VIP points (it was originally $157.ish). Let's hope there aren't any problems with the order I am sad to report I didn't waited for the Beach Buggy GWP but after all the troubles I have gotten lately missing GWP I think I'll accept my losses for now.
    These look like Nintendo microtransactions on LEGP sets. They look cool but I fear Nintendo is going to squeeze hard this license rather than make the most out of creative decisions (regular minifogures and Peach Castle ala Cinderella Castle):

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 798
    Lordmoral said:
    Lordmoral said:

@CaptainRogers
    You don't own the Ship in a Bottle set? It's a very good build and a difficult one but it's worth it.
    I don't... Got it for my at-the-time girlfriend, didn't see a need for duplicates... But I did build it with her. I love the set.
    Lordmoral
    Lordmoral said:
    Lordmoral said:

@CaptainRogers
    I don't... Got it for my at-the-time girlfriend, didn't see a need for duplicates... But I did build it with her. I love the set.
    It's a fantastic set and at least you built it. 
    Out of knowhere LEGO came up with a new set and let me tell you it looks great but I can't help but think that this is the replacement for BrickHeads:
    https://brickset.com/article/51499/brand-new-theme-revealed-brick-sketches!
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    100% at some point i going to get #75292 The Razor Crest,
    when i going to get it, now that's the question... maybe black friday?
    Lordmoral
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 359
    edited May 21
    mafon said:
    Guys, what are your thoughts on 31078 "Tree House Treasures" ?

It's like the most average Creator set and yet it's "exclusive" one. It's 20 bucks now.

where are you finding this for $20? I think my local Walmart still has a few of these. fun set.

edit: it's 24.99 at Walmart.com

Lordmoral
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 302
    Lordmoral said:
    Out of knowhere LEGO came up with a new set and let me tell you it looks great but I can't help but think that this is the replacement for BrickHeads:
    I like them. I think I would like them a little more if they were $15 instead of the rumored $20. I will have a hard decision to make whether I stick just to SW or succumb to the full completionist trap. If we knew how extensive the collection will become, it'd be an easier decision to make! 5-10 in the entire line would be manageable for me, but more than 10 total would make an easy decision to stick just to SW.

I hope they continue doing Brickheadz, but I do like the slowed-down pace. I'm looking forward to the Mandalorian and Child and Hagrid and Buckbeak sets. Ideal for me per year would be 1 or 2 sets each (up to 3 actual Brickheadz figures if there's a 2-pack) from:

1. Star Wars
    2. Harry Potter 
    3. Classic Disney characters
    4. One-off sets from movies or TV like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Simpsons.

That would be a total of maybe 8 sets plus maybe another Marvel or DC or a few seasonals. They should go nowhere near their 2018 peak of 44 (!!) Brickheadz. 2019 saw 17, 2020 is currently showing just 8. Somewhere in that 8-17 range would be great.

I like the seasonal Brickheadz, but I think they've probably used up the best ideas for most of the holidays. Christmas probably has some more options, but that's it.
    flightriskbpk2300Lordmoral
    autolycus said:
    Lordmoral said:
    I like them. I think I would like them a little more if they were $15 instead of the rumored $20. I will have a hard decision to make whether I stick just to SW or succumb to the full completionist trap. If we knew how extensive the collection will become, it'd be an easier decision to make! 5-10 in the entire line would be manageable for me, but more than 10 total would make an easy decision to stick just to SW.

I hope they continue doing Brickheadz, but I do like the slowed-down pace. I'm looking forward to the Mandalorian and Child and Hagrid and Buckbeak sets. Ideal for me per year would be 1 or 2 sets each (up to 3 actual Brickheadz figures if there's a 2-pack) from:

1. Star Wars
    2. Harry Potter 
    3. Classic Disney characters
    4. One-off sets from movies or TV like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Simpsons.

That would be a total of maybe 8 sets plus maybe another Marvel or DC or a few seasonals. They should go nowhere near their 2018 peak of 44 (!!) Brickheadz. 2019 saw 17, 2020 is currently showing just 8. Somewhere in that 8-17 range would be great.

I like the seasonal Brickheadz, but I think they've probably used up the best ideas for most of the holidays. Christmas probably has some more options, but that's it.
    Good counter. 
    A new set: Now that is how the Avengers Tower should have been in the first place:
    Well, LEGO has made the Education sets available for the general public but they sure carry a nice penny of a price tag: https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/lego-education-sets?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv/vWYkQIY-2014326-115554-1
    Thanks but knowing the piss poor luck I have been habing trying to acquire orders with GWP (one in February and another one in May). I already have $100 but I'll try to see if I can get the underwater polybag as well.
    Edit: shame that the GWP doesn't have the antenna.
    This looks cool and can be helpful on dioramas, I am clearly not the target here and thats fine as I am designing a World with baseplates instead​​. 
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 541
    That's also been discussed last week here: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/32602/road-and-river-tapes
    BumblepantsLordmoral
    That's also been discussed last week here: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/32602/road-and-river-tapes
    Indeed, and now that they are an official set I post it here so people can add it to their lists of they want.
    edited June 16
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 469
    Yep, all on the homepage...
    Bumblepants560Heliportpanchox1dpa1JudgeChuckkarritawahl211KungFuKenny
    Well I got a load of sets:
    -Hot Rod GWP;
    -Beach Buggy;
    -x2 Mando BP;
    -Bantha vs Skyhopper;
    -a blue baseplate;
    -a straight and T road plates;
    -a curved and  + road plates.
    I am curious as to what you have gotten lately from your lists.
    The newest LEGO catalog is available on German so I'll be adding some things from it on lists. Man if that Osprey is done with bricks and plates consider it bought, unless you know of one already in such form:
    So from the looks of things the newest LEGO German catalogue has a lot of interesting things, Duplo has a lot of trains but that is not what I am goimg to talk to but the list of sets I saw tjat hadn't been officially announced is the Ashoka Tano AAT set (should have been red colored and with Maul Comandoes rather than two battle droids but at least the troops in the 501st set need an adversary other than Ashoka and her 332nd soldier will help them).
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 813
    Surely this thread has run its course? Sorry, but it seems utterly pointless to simply re-post everything on the homepage.
    @Lordmoral is just trying their hardest to be the next @LEGOFan2!

Reach for the stars kid, reach for the stars.
    SirBrickalotOfLego560HeliportBumblepantsJudgeChuckawahl211SumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,298
    I've enjoyed this forum a lot for the last 8 years or so but if @huw brings up the possibility of shutting it down again this Fall I don't think I will try and argue against that anymore.
    SumoLego
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 813
    I've enjoyed this forum a lot for the last 8 years or so but if @huw brings up the possibility of shutting it down again this Fall I don't think I will try and argue against that anymore.
    Well I personally definitely wouldn't go that far. I love what the forum provides in the sense of community and camaraderie as well as in the assistance to each other on our collecting journey. But the bad weeds certainly are a frustration, thankfully they're fairly rare.
    560HeliportLordmoralpanchox1
    On the above notes, how is everyone health these days?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,298
    pxchris said:
    Well I personally definitely wouldn't go that far. I love what the forum provides in the sense of community and camaraderie as well as in the assistance to each other on our collecting journey. But the bad weeds certainly are a frustration, thankfully they're fairly rare.
    Yeah you are probably right. It just seems that both the quality and quantity of discussions has dropped off considerably. I don't think we even had a chat about the new Sian other than the leaks thread saying it exists. In another era there would have been tons of comments and at least three different attempts to start the thread.
    Lordmoral
    pxchris said:
    Yeah you are probably right. It just seems that both the quality and quantity of discussions has dropped off considerably. I don't think we even had a chat about the new Sian other than the leaks thread saying it exists. In another era there would have been tons of comments and at least three different attempts to start the thread.
    This only stops if we stop. Have you seen the new additions to my City? This is our space to discuss the articles and happenings in the Lego Community better.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,850
    pxchris said:
    I agree. I think it does not help that you get a view of five topics under each subsection, so I feel like people get lazy and just look at those.

There is also a tendency for people to get a little preachy with people as well on here. For example, someone posts in the wrong section because they are new and twenty people jump on and tell them they posted in the wrong section and then never get an answer to their question.

Another example is I started a Star Wars rumor topic to discuss the possible upcoming set. It started off fine and then I had a load of people jump on and tell me how they hate these kinds of threads and it is pointless. That is fine if people don't like it but why waste five minutes of your life telling someone you don't like it. If I was new then I would have left the forum very quickly after that. 
    560HeliportLordmoral
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,503
    ^ I guess I must be weird, because I don't mind threads or comments about things I don't care about- I just ignore them. I'd rather have everyone feel free to discuss whatever aspect of LEGO interests them. And I will "like" any photo anyone posts here- I like LEGO; show me yours! Be kind, people. You were new once, too.
    pxchrisKungFuKennyklintonLordmoraldatsunrobbieRedbullgivesuwindMr_CrossMynattMaffyD
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 146
    I am still relatively new but when I first came I felt free to comment or whatever. If I don't care what someone posts, I don;t read much of it. For example, I am not much of a Star Wars fan so if it is going on about SW stuff, I tend to skip past it, not bothering me just not what I am interested in reading.
    560Heliportklintonbenbacardipanchox1LordmoralRedbullgivesuwindMynatt
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,022
    @GrannyLEGO, I freaking adore your posts! I, for one, am so glad you found your way here! :)
    panchox1Mynatt560Heliport
    I am still relatively new but when I first came I felt free to comment or whatever. If I don't care what someone posts, I don;t read much of it. For example, I am not much of a Star Wars fan so if it is going on about SW stuff, I tend to skip past it, not bothering me just not what I am interested in reading.
    We always have a space for a granny. Thank you for your comments, what of the new announced sets that release on September are of your interest?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,850
    ^ I guess I must be weird, because I don't mind threads or comments about things I don't care about- I just ignore them. I'd rather have everyone feel free to discuss whatever aspect of LEGO interests them. And I will "like" any photo anyone posts here- I like LEGO; show me yours! Be kind, people. You were new once, too.
    I would not say that it is everyone. There are some very nice people on here. There just seems to be a vocal minority that I think put people off joining. I won't name them, as that isn't fair to them, they might be lovely in real life, just on here they feel like they should police the forum.
    Lordmoraldpa1560Heliport
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 146
    Lordmoral said:
    We always have a space for a granny. Thank you for your comments, what of the new announced sets that release on September are of your interest?
    I seem to like the Ninjago sets and there are a bunch of them listed as 'Coming Soon' ... some of the Harry Potter sets are interesting and a few of the Hidden Side. I like interesting builds and look at everything that comes out rather than particular themes but some themes seem to have more that I like. Now if I could just afford them!

Lordmoral
    Lordmoral said:
    I seem to like the Ninjago sets and there are a bunch of them listed as 'Coming Soon' ... some of the Harry Potter sets are interesting and a few of the Hidden Side. I like interesting builds and look at everything that comes out rather than particular themes but some themes seem to have more that I like. Now if I could just afford them!

"...if I could afford them." Word, I stay mainly on SW and City (because I am making a CITY) but always look for sets that can complement my setups.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,863
    Um, so I'm going too need some suggestions where I can posit my stupid thoughts and occasional 'insider' piece of information.

And incessant trade requests and wholesale valuation?
    KungFuKenny560Heliportgmonkey76MynattdatsunrobbieMr_Cross
    Why hello again and good Fathers Day to all, I ran into some intersting news about the new SW sets that some will feature some kind of code to get special bricks in the Lego videogame The Skywalker Saga:
    https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-lego-galaxys-edge-mandalorian-clone-wars/?amp
    Congragulations to the sets that won and will be turned into a set, I will not buy them but I suspect you will:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LEGOIdeas/status/1275428400132317187
    These three new sets are ridiculous but I think that is part of the charm, won't get them but that driller looks nice:
    I am getting the Daddy Vader and making a big Vader for my home, I wonder if there will be one of Jedi (Luke Skywalker, Ashoka Tank and Bastilla Shan) coming soon:

MaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,759
    I'll almost certainly get one Iron Man - I'd like all 3 to create that repulsor blast image but it's not essential. The others I'm not too fussed about.

If they started making pictures of SW scenes however... I'll have that X-Wing squadron going into their first attack run please. If you know the film, you'll know exactly which scene I'm thinking of.

As for Marvel - I want Captain America or his shield, or both. Must be in the works, surely?
    Lordmoralbandit778