Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2020 LEGO sets to buy

LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 294
Well now, LEGO sure surprised us with the announcement of two SW sets for next year. While I am interested in Ben Hut (need to check what I will do with another Ben, 3PO and Luke figures) I like another Tusken Raider added to my ranks. The Hut seems to be complete and that is a rarity for licensed sets as a whole. I am surprised we haven't gotten word of new summer and fall 2019 sets but as I understand the fall sets are largely: Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order from what I have understand and as such under heavy compartment. 
FowlerBricksandrelego

Comments

• bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 83
    edited July 7
    I’m mostly interested to see two things:

- 2020 Harry Potter wave
    - I’m really hoping there are non-brickheadz seasonal sets, especially for Halloween and Xmas (sets like #40122 and #40262

mustang69Lordmoralguachisnowhitie
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 294
    I will also be seeking to catch up on the sets I am.missing by that time.
    legolarson
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 221
    I interested in:
    harry potter wave
    brickheadz 
    some nice ideas sets
    Lordmoral
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 114
    I'm always interested in SW UCS and other waves. I've got just 3 modulars, but I'll be trying to catch up on those and will eventually get the 2020. Ideas sets have mostly become must buys. More Harry Potter sets would be great. BRICKHEADZ! Just about any that they release will be must buys.

I really like the Bricktober minifigure sets. Harry Potter seemed like such a challenge to get at first, and then it was super easy. Marvel I got fairly easily. It would be fun seeing more unique minifigures like those.

SumoLego, was the Marvel one you waved your first about? If you don't have it, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, so I'd be willing to part with mine for such a prolific forum poster as yourself.

SumoLegoLordmoral
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,944
    @autolycus - I've got a couple of each, but I appreciate the sentiment.  If there's a set you're after in exchange - just PM me.
    Lordmoral
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 57
    autolycus said:
    I'm always interested in SW UCS and other waves. I've got just 3 modulars, but I'll be trying to catch up on those and will eventually get the 2020. Ideas sets have mostly become must buys. More Harry Potter sets would be great. BRICKHEADZ! Just about any that they release will be must buys.

I really like the Bricktober minifigure sets. Harry Potter seemed like such a challenge to get at first, and then it was super easy. Marvel I got fairly easily. It would be fun seeing more unique minifigures like those.

SumoLego, was the Marvel one you waved your first about? If you don't have it, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, so I'd be willing to part with mine for such a prolific forum poster as yourself.

Is there speculation of this years Bricktober? Will this be continued?
    Lordmoral
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,473
    Where did Lego announce 2020 SW sets?
    Lordmoral
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    ^ Only Ben's Hut and Luke's Landspeeder from that SDCC announcement (I think). I know from the other thread that those two sets are having early release there. There might be leaks but those two are the only confirmed ones. I think safe to assume a handful might be based on Rise of Skywalker, including possible battle packs or micro fighters. The only exception to this rule so far in Disney's releases has been Solo which seems to have got the shaft very fast like Rogue One.
    LordmoralAstrobricksBaby_YodaSumoLego
  • Victorysoul1412Victorysoul1412 californiaMember Posts: 1
    Yeah ! I like that starwar set too! Even though the LEGO Star Wars Imperial Dropship – 20th Anniversary Edition (75262)isn’t considered a “Battle Pack,” I would certainly define it as one. This is currently the cheapest way to load up on the slightly updated Stormtroopers as well as the Shadow Trooper and the Dropship itself. The exclusive Han Solo minifigure is an added bonus to this Battle Pack. 
    I bought a light saber too! It's amazing for a starwar fan :3
    Lordmoral
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,944
    The only exception to this rule so far in Disney's releases has been Solo which seems to have got the shaft very fast like Rogue One.
    That seems to be in-line with how LEGO approaches their licensed movie properties - Marvel sets seem to get the same treatment.  There's one wave, and perhaps a straggler set six to eight months later.  Incredibles, Jurassic World and Toy Story 4 seem to have the same pattern as well.

Strictly speaking, it appears LEGO would rather have a strong overall brand association, and not tied to a particular movie.  (Even if the movies are amongst the most popular.)  The march of 'general' Star Wars and Superheroes sets doesn't appear to be affected by movie releases.
    Lordmoral
    Yeah ! I like that starwar set too! Even though the LEGO Star Wars Imperial Dropship – 20th Anniversary Edition (75262)isn’t considered a “Battle Pack,” I would certainly define it as one. This is currently the cheapest way to load up on the slightly updated Stormtroopers as well as the Shadow Trooper and the Dropship itself. The exclusive Han Solo minifigure is an added bonus to this Battle Pack. 
    I bought a light saber too! It's amazing for a starwar fan :3
    I bought two of that set and thr Clone Scout Walker, I opened one of each and left one in the case because I know I can make the other two worth money.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited July 24
    I really like how Ideas has evolved.  In the first few years it seemed like a lot of missed opportunities as they passed on many unique and ambitious MOCs in favor of low budget soon forgotten vignettes and and pop culture quick fan bucks 

but the last few years we’ve really seen Ideas evolve into a category that is now consistently putting out some of the absolute best sets of the year from any theme.  Big robust high price point sets that don’t feel scaled down or half complete, but truly UCS/Exclusive level of detail and ambition. 

Ive scaled my LEGO purchases back an order of magnitude over the past 3 or 4 years, but I find my annual want list consists now of UCS SW, Most Creator Expert sets, one-off exclusives like the Hogwarts, and most Ideas sets. That’s high praise for Ideas from me, as someone who was very critical of the direction that program took in its first few years 
    M1J0ELordmoralguachi
    dougts said:
    I really like how Ideas has evolved.  In the first few years it seemed like a lot of missed opportunities as they passed on many unique and ambitious MOCs in favor of low budget soon forgotten vignettes and and pop culture quick fan bucks 

but the last few years we’ve really seen Ideas evolve into a category that is now consistently putting out some of the absolute best sets of the year from any theme.  Big robust high price point sets that don’t feel scaled down or half complete, but truly UCS/Exclusive level of detail and ambition. 

Ive scaled my LEGO purchases back an order of magnitude over the past 3 or 4 years, but I find my annual want list consists now of UCS SW, Most Creator Expert sets, one-off exclusives like the Hogwarts, and most Ideas sets. That’s high praise for Ideas from me, as someone who was very critical of the direction that program took in its first few years 
    They still pass on some good ones (like Chemical Plant) but overall they managed to get the them to were it is supposed to go.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296
    well between chemical plant and treehouse, what is better for their image? All the toxic waste parts are made from plants.
    LordmoralFizyx
    Fauch said:
    well between chemical plant and treehouse, what is better for their image? All the toxic waste parts are made from plants.
    So true, they need a factory set and not a small open back one.
    M1J0E
    After some serious talks with my City planners I decided to allow them to buy a few more sets:
    Hidden Side:
    -Shrimp Boat;
    -maybe Shrimp Shack
    SeanTheCollector
  • guachiguachi GeorgiaMember Posts: 14
    My only 100% buy will be the Harry Potter sets. The near-100% buy will be whatever the Modular Building  set is and the Winter Village set.

I'll also be interested in the Lego 'Adventure' type sets - that is, the City sub-themes like Coast Guard, Arctic, Jungle, Space. Will it be something new or a sub-theme we've seen? Will the sets be interesting enough to tempt me to buy them?
    Lordmoral
    guachi said:
    My only 100% buy will be the Harry Potter sets. The near-100% buy will be whatever the Modular Building  set is and the Winter Village set.

I'll also be interested in the Lego 'Adventure' type sets - that is, the City sub-themes like Coast Guard, Arctic, Jungle, Space. Will it be something new or a sub-theme we've seen? Will the sets be interesting enough to tempt me to buy them?
    I am also picked by whatever City adventure sub theme LEGO comes up with and let's see what we get.
    ^ How did you get picked?
    BumblepantsAanchirLordmoralKungFuKenny
    My interest is picked (meaning interested).
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 781
    Lordmoral said:
    For future reference, I believe you mean piqued.

AstrobricksLordmoral
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 570
    Lordmoral said:
    I think you mean piqued. It's a different word entirely. I think Astrobricks was just teasing you about your mistake. ;)
    Lordmoral
    klinton said:
    Lordmoral said:
    I think you mean piqued. It's a different word entirely. I think Astrobricks was just teasing you about your mistake. ;)
    Sorry. I didn’t mean to pique on anyone ;-)
    560HeliportjmeninnoFizyxklintonKungFuKennyLordmoralLittleLoriandhe
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 114
    The last few posts are peak internet.
    KungFuKennyAstrobricksLordmoralM1J0Esid3windr
    edited August 10
    autolycus said:
    The last few posts are peak internet.
    Don’t you mean....

Oh, never mind :)
    LordmoralFizyxM1J0Esid3windr
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    My interest in this thread has just been piqued... though there's only so far this thing can go before we return to 2020 buying plans. Maybe after more leaks?
    LittleLori
    My interest in this thread has just been piqued... though there's only so far this thing can go before we return to 2020 buying plans. Maybe after more leaks?
    I love my threads as we get in super serious discussions like words miss spoken. I won't be talking about leaks here only official set reveals but I usually start these type of threads at the end of the year when a good chunk of sets has been revealed for next year.
    Fizyx said:
    Lordmoral said:
    For future reference, I believe you mean piqued.

Thanks.
    klinton said:
    Lordmoral said:
    Oh indeed, I love when these type of situations happen as they give us other things to talk about.
    klinton said:
    Lordmoral said:
    None at all, thanks for the controlled information rather than resort to name calling. One if the reasons I love this forum.
    Lordmoral said:
    klinton said:
    Lordmoral said:
    None at all, thanks for the controlled information rather than resort to name calling. One if the reasons I love this forum.
    You may be a saint. We don’t deserve you :) 
    Lordmoral
    Lordmoral said:
    klinton said:
    Lordmoral said:
    You may be a saint. We don’t deserve you :) 
    I get that a lot, I have to thank my parents and family members as well as my beliefs (Christians).
    I saw the already deleted late 2019 SW sets images (some not all) and I am.interested in only a few that said, while the newly revealed UCS ISD was amazing I was left saddened at the lack of a Vader or interior (in micro scale) and I am leaning to get the UCS Millennium Falcon when I can.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,541
    ^ Totally agree @Lordmoral - that ISD can wait (I already have one).
    For 2020 I am waiting with bated breath about the new Marvel, Overwatch & Speed Champions sets. Currently my wants list has practically all of those on it. And nothing else!
    Lordmoral
    MaffyD said:
    For 2020 I am waiting with bated breath about the new Marvel, Overwatch & Speed Champions sets. Currently my wants list has practically all of those on it. And nothing else!
    Cool, got to be smart with $$$$.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 781
    Lordmoral said:
    MaffyD said:
    HA! hahahaha!  That's a good joke!  *laughter slowly transitions to crying*
    560HeliportKungFuKennysid3windrKeilupLordmoralMaffyDM1J0Egmonkey76bandit778
    Fizyx said:
    Lordmoral said:
    MaffyD said:
    HA! hahahaha!  That's a good joke!  *laughter slowly transitions to crying*
    I hear you, not to mention the upcoming SW sets (which I am eyeing two which are two: Death Star Cannon and Raider AT-ST) and that LEGO Allosaurus figure as well what location based sets Overwatch has next year (hope a factory is among them).
    Fizyx
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,097
    Hi all, long time, no post, but still read the forum every day!

Anyway, is there any indication yet whether LEGO are going to continue the City Space sets next year, with another line, or was that just a one-off?

I've really enjoyed this sub-theme and just need to acquire #60229 Rocket Assembly &Transport and #40345 Mars Exploration Minifigure Pack to complete the current line-up.
    KungFuKennyLordmoral
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 493
    edited October 3
    MODULAR!
    Lordmoralcatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835

Anyway, is there any indication yet whether LEGO are going to continue the City Space sets next year, with another line, or was that just a one-off?

I've really enjoyed this sub-theme and just need to acquire #60229 Rocket Assembly &Transport and #40345 Mars Exploration Minifigure Pack to complete the current line-up.

stefxan said:
    Is there speculation of this years Bricktober? Will this be continued?
    The city space sub theme will almost certainly be one and done like Arctic and volcano explorers etc before it. I'm still waiting for a good bargain before jumping in but I really want the launch center.
    gmonkey76Lordmoral
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 529
    edited October 3
    I too have been really loving the space sub-theme as a whole! I grabbed most of the smaller sets already at the standard 20% off. I'll likely #60226 soon-ish and then will maybe pick up #60227 later.

Honestly though, neither of the two big sets have really impressed me (the rockets, while large are primarily bland and empty) enough to give serious thought to buying them yet. Out of the two I like #60228 more though, so I might grab that one at a large discount.
    Lordmoral
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 737
    Amazon in the UK has had a couple of the smaller space sets at 40% off recently.  Haven't bought much non-technic or Starwars for a long time, but these are pretty cool and have picked up a couple.
    KungFuKennyLordmoral
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,097
    I picked up the #60227 and #60228 at a good discount (33%+) from Amazon, so just looking for a good-ish discount on #60229, if I can find it, otherwise I may use some VIP points up.

If, as you say @Bumblepants this is a one-off, that's fine by me.

I actually really like the look of the rocket in #60229, not so much the one in #60228, but the Command Centre looks really good and I'm looking forward to building it (and putting my mobile phone in, with the dedicated app running!)
    Lordmoral

I hope at least one or two sets are released, maybe LEGO saw how popular these were unlike the other sets.
    I can't believe I am about to say this but I may buy another LEGO SW set from the Sequel Trilogy (ST) if LEGO makes something that has been appering in trailers lately makes it to a set. For sure I will be purchasing the Raider AT-ST and Death Star Cannon sets as well anything good from Fallen Order (if they make them) for May the Fourth 2020.