Selling boxes question

legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 71
I'm finally letting go with my boxes. I have tons of larger sets, UCS SW, modulars, Death Star etc. They are all flattened except for DS, HP hogwarts and UCS MiLF. Before I list them to sell, if someone is interested in buying them, how does one go about pack them up to ship?  I'm not trying to make a lot of money off of them but I just can't wrap my head around bringing flattened boxes to the USPS and asking them to ship them since I doubt they make boxes in these sizes. I have a few old Lego/Amazon boxes that might be able to pack a few, but not many. I just want to know how it's done before recycling day next week. Thanks for any insight. 

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    Put the boxes into other boxes for sure.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    how many do you plan to ship at once?  If it is just few  flattened lego boxes, slip them between a folded sheet of corrugate.   You can also keep a shipping box flat, unfolded,  & slide the lego box in and just tape the edges.
  • legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 71
    ryjay said:
    how many do you plan to ship at once?  If it is just few  flattened lego boxes, slip them between a folded sheet of corrugate.   You can also keep a shipping box flat, unfolded,  & slide the lego box in and just tape the edges.
    I'm not sure, how many do you want to buy??  M wife came up with the sandwich shipping too. I guess I'll post a list and go from there. Thanks for the help. 
  • legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 71
    How much would shipping a flattened ucs box cost to send?
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,482
    These will almost certainly get bent or damaged in shipping unless some form of stiffening is used to protect the corners and prevent folding in the middle.
    I would look at shipping these like Artworks in wooden cases, or deliver yourself if the buyer can't collect them?