Overwatch discussion

LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 292
Hello, after a first wave of sets (that I already have: Tracer vs Widowmaker, Dorado Showdown and are aiming for Watchpoint Gibraltar) we are getting two more but I wonder, what do you want as a LEGO set, is it more character specifict packs or location sets like Gibraltar (that the Tracer and Widowmaker set complement) and Dorado Showdown that I personally want or sets like Bastion and the new ones?
Personally I want more location based sets (Hanzo and Genji scene looks great for my CITY but we shall see) based on places like a factory (with Sombra, Katya Volskaya, a few factory workers and security) that can be incorporated into my MOC (picture it in the same vein as Doctor Strange/Peter Parker Apartment from the IW theme and at $99.99). A Castle like the one in the Germany map where Reinhardt lost almost all his squadron and a military base. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,225
    There is already a general Overwatch discussion, just so you're aware, though it's been dead for over four months.
    I think the theme has potential to include a lot of one-offs that resemble Lego staples. For instance, Watchpoint Gibraltar appeals to Space fans, and I'm sure that castle you mentioned would be quite popular among non-Overwatch-fan AFOLs. However, the game itself is mostly played by older teens and young adults, which just so happen to be Lego's weakest market. I'm not sure how long the theme will continue to be produced - I'll give it three years tops, unless Overwatch itself gets a significant addition to the franchise e.g. a sequel, series or movie.
    Lordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 292
    True, I searched for the thread but couldn't find it.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 723
    Baby_Yoda said:
    There is already a general Overwatch discussion, just so you're aware, though it's been dead for over four months.
    I think the theme has potential to include a lot of one-offs that resemble Lego staples. For instance, Watchpoint Gibraltar appeals to Space fans, and I'm sure that castle you mentioned would be quite popular among non-Overwatch-fan AFOLs. However, the game itself is mostly played by older teens and young adults, which just so happen to be Lego's weakest market. I'm not sure how long the theme will continue to be produced - I'll give it three years tops, unless Overwatch itself gets a significant addition to the franchise e.g. a sequel, series or movie.
    Keep in mind that Lego Friends was also aimed at one of their weakest markets. I wouldn't be surprised if this theme, like that one before it, was an attempt at expanding to a demographic that isn't already buying Lego at the rate of their core audience.
    Baby_YodaLordmoral
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 48
    LEGO said:

Contest entries related to the topics below do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO Ideas:
    • Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements
    • Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
    • Sex, nudity, drugs, or smoking
    • Alcohol in any present-day situation
    • Swearing or profanity
    • Death, killing, blood, terrorism, horror, or torture
    • First-person shooter video games
    • Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials
    • Large or human-scale weapons or weapon replicas of any kind, including swords, knives, guns, sci-fi or fantasy blasters, etc.
    • Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals

LordmoralSumoLegoBaby_Yoda
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,907
    ^ Well, there are clear and subtle exceptions to all of those guidelines.

Although alcohol in a 'historic' situation piques my interest.  Maybe submitting a 'Drunk Hessian Delaware River Playset' has hope after all.

And it's comforting that cruelty to fictitious animals is permitted.  I better submit my Unicorn Autopsy MOC before anyone notices...
    Baby_YodaBrainsluggedgmonkey76mafonLordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 292
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Well, there are clear and subtle exceptions to all of those guidelines.

Although alcohol in a 'historic' situation piques my interest.  Maybe submitting a 'Drunk Hessian Delaware River Playset' has hope after all.

And it's comforting that cruelty to fictitious animals is permitted.  I better submit my Unicorn Autopsy MOC before anyone notices...
    Check submitting dragon MOC's.
    SumoLego