Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

I tried to make a cliff for Stark Mansion....hmmm

donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 680

Not great but it took all evening (not including the sets).
datsunrobbieBumblepants560HeliportdavetheoxygenmanM1J0ESumoLegoLego_StarBaby_YodaFowlerBricksAstrobricksLittleLorimadejp86

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    Those cliffs are very 'Superman Returns'.

(Considering I haven't even looked at my Jabba Palace MOC in 5 years, I admire your effort.)
    donutboygmonkey76SprinkleOtterdavetheoxygenman
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 256
    Try BURPs and LURPs
    Baby_Yoda
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 280
    edited July 2
    I modded these two sets together a month or two ago. Had great fun working on it. Here's my attempt:

I'd never done rock work like this before so I kinda tried combing various techniques. I'm still not 100% sold on the outcome but I'm pleased overall with how it turned out. I hope this helps provide you some inspiration and I hope you enjoy it as a project as much as I did! 
    M1J0EBumblepantsstluxBaby_Yodagmonkey76donutboyLittleLoriJ0rgen
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 101
    edited July 2
    what about using the Mountain Bottom pieces? 4279446
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,316
    edited July 2
    Or try imitating the hillsides in #21041, which is a lot like what @CCC suggested.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 680
    @Matt89190 - Love it mate. I think I need to start again from scratch.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 313
    Matt89190 said:
    I modded these two sets together a month or two ago. Had great fun working on it. Here's my attempt:
    Please, please, please re-allign that first sticker below the window. Thanks

:)
    benbacardidmcc0AstrobricksBrainsluggedcaterham7HugeYellowBrick
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 395
    ^ I’m a fan of both ways of doing it!  I don’t MOC at all really, but given I just got #76125 I might now have to track down #76007.  With the display shelf I have I might be able to attach one to the other all on one level without the cliff part.
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 280
    @colay - I'm sorry; it bugs me too! It went on in 2013 so I don't fancy my chances of getting it off and back on with no damage at this point. I think I'll just have to live with the mistake.

@donutboy - Thank you! I'm flattered but I am still a fan of your attempt! If you're dead set on trying something different I've always thought the SNOT section of my cliff face was coolest and I've always thought a full SNOT cliff could be interesting - could be fun to try out if you're wanting to change it up. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,255
    I think some plants would help