I tried to make a cliff for Stark Mansion....hmmm

donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 708

Not great but it took all evening (not including the sets).
datsunrobbieBumblepants560HeliportdavetheoxygenmanM1J0ESumoLegoLego_StarBaby_YodaFowlerBricksAstrobricksLittleLorimadejp86catwrangler

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,907
    Those cliffs are very 'Superman Returns'.

(Considering I haven't even looked at my Jabba Palace MOC in 5 years, I admire your effort.)
    donutboygmonkey76SprinkleOtterdavetheoxygenman
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 262
    Try BURPs and LURPs
    Baby_Yoda
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    edited July 2
    I modded these two sets together a month or two ago. Had great fun working on it. Here's my attempt:

I'd never done rock work like this before so I kinda tried combing various techniques. I'm still not 100% sold on the outcome but I'm pleased overall with how it turned out. I hope this helps provide you some inspiration and I hope you enjoy it as a project as much as I did! 
    M1J0EBumblepantsstluxBaby_Yodagmonkey76donutboyLittleLoriJ0rgen
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 106
    edited July 2
    what about using the Mountain Bottom pieces? 4279446
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    edited July 2
    Or try imitating the hillsides in #21041, which is a lot like what @CCC suggested.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 708
    @Matt89190 - Love it mate. I think I need to start again from scratch.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 339
    Matt89190 said:
    I modded these two sets together a month or two ago. Had great fun working on it. Here's my attempt:
    Please, please, please re-allign that first sticker below the window. Thanks

:)
    benbacardidmcc0AstrobricksBrainsluggedcaterham7HugeYellowBrick
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 462
    ^ I’m a fan of both ways of doing it!  I don’t MOC at all really, but given I just got #76125 I might now have to track down #76007.  With the display shelf I have I might be able to attach one to the other all on one level without the cliff part.
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    @colay - I'm sorry; it bugs me too! It went on in 2013 so I don't fancy my chances of getting it off and back on with no damage at this point. I think I'll just have to live with the mistake.

@donutboy - Thank you! I'm flattered but I am still a fan of your attempt! If you're dead set on trying something different I've always thought the SNOT section of my cliff face was coolest and I've always thought a full SNOT cliff could be interesting - could be fun to try out if you're wanting to change it up. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    I think some plants would help