Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Shipping Boxes

I am looking to get some shipping boxes.
I have a bunch of 75172 Y wings, Tie Strikers, and similar size sets.Looking for cheap boxes, maybe 10 to a pack. Any ideas on where to get them? Post office boxes seem too small.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,267
    Depends where you are located. In the US there are UPS stores, or uline.com, or even officedepot online which sells boxes. Uline.com typically ship only in 'lots' of boxes, so say minimum purchase 10-20 boxes of a certain size. Now, since you are looking for at least 10 you may find the size you are looking for, but keep in mind their shipping is a bit expensive BUT typically even with shipping they can be cheaper than buying a handful of boxes from a store due to mark up
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    I'd also check WB Mason.  Their shipping tends to be cheaper, and there's a good mix of box sizes.

Buying boxes at Wal-Mart, Target or at the UPS Store gets cost-prohibitive quickly.  As I recall, one mailing tube at UPS was more expensive than 30 mailing tubes through WB Mason.
    madforLEGO
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,404
    If you are in the U.S. call your local printing paper supplier such as Veritiv or Spicers, they usually carry all sizes of boxes and there's no shipping involved. 
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    USPS boxes free in their store are usually good, depending on the set. Flat rate large game boxes fit most modern sets.

Uline has a wiiiiiide spread.
    SumoLego
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,267
    SumoLego said:
    I'd also check WB Mason.  Their shipping tends to be cheaper, and there's a good mix of box sizes.

Buying boxes at Wal-Mart, Target or at the UPS Store gets cost-prohibitive quickly.  As I recall, one mailing tube at UPS was more expensive than 30 mailing tubes through WB Mason.
    Shipping is a lot better through WB Mason, at least for two items I compared to Uline. Ordering a few boxes now to see if the quality is as good as Uline (Im guessing it will be).
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 482
    Can anyone answer this question for the UK?

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 989
    SumoLego said:

Shipping is a lot better through WB Mason, at least for two items I compared to Uline. Ordering a few boxes now to see if the quality is as good as Uline (Im guessing it will be).
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Typically Uline sells 200# test boxes, a lot of other sellers sell primarily 32ect box without us knowing the difference.   They all "work" the same, it is just 32ect boxes are made with recycled materials so they will feel not as rigid or strong...but they are just as strong for the most part.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    Can anyone answer this question for the UK?

I tend to reuse amazon boxes, or LEGO shipping boxes.
    SumoLego