Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Powered-up programming

oldfartoldfart MilkywayMember Posts: 2
edited June 15 in Building and Techniques
I have bought some Powered-up elements (both types of hubs, motels, lights and sensor) and have started teaching myself how to program them mainly using info from "boost programming".  What I would like to know what happens to data from "report" blocks, does it get displayed or just passed to another block?  How do you display this data? ...  Any thoughts on the Python or JS tools sets I have seen for Boost?  So far the Powered-up seems to me to exist as a subset of "boost".  I need to look at WeDo(sic).
I would appreciate any thoughts on this. - I would like to integrate this with my MindStorms stuff if possible.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,653
    edited June 16
    I have nothing helpful to contribute but I really like your username! Relatable.
    SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    I have nothing helpful to contribute but I really like your username! Relatable.
    "I have nothing to contribute," name of your ### tape.
    Baby_Yodasid3windr
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,174
    I have nothing helpful to contribute
    My motto in life.
    (Though on topic, I wasn't aware you could use Python with Boost. Is that possible with EV3?)
    SprinkleOtter
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 240
    I program my PoweredUp sets using Node.js and https://github.com/nathankellenicki/node-poweredup. It lets me connect several PU devices to a single computer and control them in any way I want. I've written a simple UI that shows the status of the PU network (what hubs are connected, and what devices they have attached) and lets me send commands; I'm also working on a framework for dropping in "moc" files which would be scripts for controlling a physical moc. Fancy GUIs aside you can write a fairly simple script using this library; they provide examples that are pretty decent. 
    oldfartAddicted2Oxygen
  • oldfartoldfart MilkywayMember Posts: 2
    Thanks, I will look into using our work with your permission.  I need to brush up on Java script.
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 240
    oldfart said:
    Thanks, I will look into using our work with your permission.  I need to brush up on Java script.
    I haven't published my work anywhere yet but if it gets to be polished enough I will definitely do so. The link I posted is someone else's library. They're very helpful and responsive with bug reports. Meanwhile, if you have any node.js/powered-up questions I'd be glad to help.