I frequently buy minifigures to use one or two parts and I often end up with complete or semi-complete CMFs or other minifigures that I don't want. I have a box of bits that I will probably never use and someone else might find them useful. So I'm thinking of doing another UK Round Robin box, this time with minifigures and minifigure parts. Obviously this is not going to be loads of rare minifigures, but random parts of minifigures and some complete minifigures.
If you want to join, sign up here.
The rules will be
- UK only.
- Real forum members only - arbitrarily set as a Brickset member for at least six months, a regular poster and made 100 posts before today.
- Each person can take what they want, as much or as little as wanted, and should replace the removed items with other LEGO minifigure items of similar value. You don't need to check exact values on bricklink and do it to the penny, but just use some common sense here.
- Parts added should be new or very good used condition. Don't put in parts that are in a condition that you would not be pleased to receive.
- Minifigure parts and minifigures only. Heads, torsos, legs, arms, hands, hair, headgear, armour, etc, it's all fine. Yellow skins, fleshie, zombie, any other skins, all fine. Accessories like printed tiles, books, claws, etc are also fine so long as not adding in loads. But don't fill it up with brooms and walkie talkies.
- If you want part of a complete minifigure, take it and return the unwanted minifigure parts.
- Genuine LEGO items only. No exceptions.
- No painted, dyed, cut, or otherwise manipulated parts.
- When you receive the box, privately PM the next person for their address and also comment here that you have received the box and/or posted it on again. At least one post so we know roughly how far round it has gone.
- When posting it, get a proof of posting.
- You should idealy post it within three days of receiving it. If you are going to be away, you can be skipped and added back in later. Similarly if you want to drop out, then make a note here.
- If you want to, you can post images of things you have taken out here, but don't post images of things put in as it should be a surprise for the next (and the next next ...) person.
- It is free to join in but you will need to pay postage for sending it on. I will probably use a large letter PiP box, so costs will be under £2 - I doubt it will be more than 500g.
red & blue jester hats and tan beards
Thanks for setting this up CCC. Looking forward to some fun finds.
random.org tells me this is the order:
What does PiP stand for?
I was thinking it would likely be around $5-6. Could potentially be worth it depending on what went into it and what you were able to pass onto the next person.
Maybe I'll pull the trigger and set something up (assuming I have worthwhile items to start a box with...)
Don't say Mr. Gold - the four already in there is enough.
(I thought about taking one, but decided against it. I mean, he's worth at least three figs back in, which would just mess up the whole box size).
In all seriousness, I'd like to see some hairpieces, so my Speed Champions drivers don't all look like they're at a track day. And most of my older figures are from a time when the men all wore baseball caps.
He's in a few older things: a City police helicopter poly, Cargo Train, an advent calendar, and a brick bucket amongst other things. Biggest list of sets he is in is here if anyone wants a look.
Besides that, I'm just looking forward to a variety of options, you never know when suddenly one part will inspire a whole story/obsession or simply just a fun picture! :o)