Notes field persistent after deleting collection.

oltemativeoltemative Member Posts: 3
First of all, thank you for setting up the collection features on brickset.  It's a great resource!

I use the notes section to hold the location (in the form of a box number) of my sets.  It is a readily available field in the “mybrickset” android app that I use to enter my data.

On occasion, I redo my collection because I move a lot of sets around from one box to another.  When I delete the collection on brickset.com everything in the collection disappears but the notes are still associated with the sets when I renter them from the database.  When I look up a set I previously had in my collection, even though I don't have one, the notes still exist for the set. 

Is there a way to delete all the notes? 

Comments

• Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 998
    Have you tried deleting cookies? I don't know if that will work by the way.
  • oltemativeoltemative Member Posts: 3
    I've tried clearing cookies/cache/history and also used a computer that I've never used brickset on before and it is still there.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    This has now been resolved. Next time you delete your collection your notes will be deleted too.
    oltemativeAstrobrickssnowhitiesid3windr
  • oltemativeoltemative Member Posts: 3
    Perfect! It worked on Brickset right away.  The app (I know it's not you) has some delays with syncing properly, but I cleared the data through the android settings and it resynced with the cleared out collection and blanked out notes sectiins for the rest of the db.

Thank you for such a speedy response!
  • RikTheVeggieRikTheVeggie CanadaMember Posts: 308
    As an FYI, myBrickset will request a sync once per day, on login, or whenever you change data in the app.

If you change data in brickset.com that doesn't get picked up in any of the above scenarios, you can press the "refresh" icon on the main screen to resync your data.

Syncing performance is improved in the next release (currently in beta) and changes will show up a lot faster, especially if you haven't logged into the app for several days.

If you ever experience issues syncing your data, feel free to drop me a mail or a PM :)