Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

oh woe is me

donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 680
So, i'd bought the Iron Man Hall of Armour and the Captain Marvel set together to get the Avengers tower promo. I'd earmarked the Mustang for my birthday and that was gonna be it for the foreseeable future. Then those gits at Lego decide to bring out a lunar lander. I swear, I'm f#%*ed, I really am.
Why o why do they do this to me.
560Heliportnatro220SumoLegoBludchylde1Baby_Yodagmonkey76PyrobugBumblepantsobi_gPolyphemuspxchrisCM4SMr_CrosssnowhitieOubirdPenkid11CaptainLego

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    Is there a SDCC Daredevil?!?!?

Whew.  Dodged a bullet.
    SprinkleOtterdonutboydavetheoxygenman
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 56
    Very excited for the Lunar Lander
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,174
    edited May 31
    What lunar lander? No idea what you're talking about.
    The_RancorCM4Sdonutboy
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 79
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I know what you're trying to do, but I'm going to be the enabling jerk... ;)

The lunar lander that is AMAZING! And will be the PERFECT companion set for the Saturn V. And the PERFECT way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Apollo XI. It's an INCREDIBLE model with unique pieces and a beautiful design. You just HAVE to watch the designer video. It's a DAY ONE MUST BUY for anyone who likes Lego. And you can't call yourself a true fan of Lego or really anything unless you buy it. Heck, you should buy 3 of them, per the standard rule: 1 to build, 1 to save, 1 to sell.

LOL
    snowhitieMr_CrossFizyxPolyphemusBaby_Yoda
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 752
    I'm going to add my own "woe is me". A bricklink order just arrived that I'd been eagerly expecting. It turns out I'd ordered a bunch of 16x16 green baseplates instead of 32x32. At least that explains why they were so cheap. I must have had a complete brainfart.
    andhedonutboyFizyx
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,938
    Yah. I am hosed as well. 😁 I need this one, the dragon boat, my Ninjago Docks, Carousel... I had planned on the boat and docks, but now need to prioritize this. 
    donutboy
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,807
    I'm running behind as well, still need the Flinstones and the garage and this looks an amazing great set. I feel your pain. Think I might not get the Aston Martin in the end.
    donutboy
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,316
    I'm going to add my own "woe is me". A bricklink order just arrived that I'd been eagerly expecting. It turns out I'd ordered a bunch of 16x16 green baseplates instead of 32x32. At least that explains why they were so cheap. I must have had a complete brainfart.
    Did you at least order four times as many? ;-)
    HugeYellowBrick
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,174
    autolycus said:
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I know what you're trying to do, but I'm going to be the enabling jerk... ;)

The lunar lander that is AMAZING! And will be the PERFECT companion set for the Saturn V. And the PERFECT way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Apollo XI. It's an INCREDIBLE model with unique pieces and a beautiful design. You just HAVE to watch the designer video. It's a DAY ONE MUST BUY for anyone who likes Lego. And you can't call yourself a true fan of Lego or really anything unless you buy it. Heck, you should buy 3 of them, per the standard rule: 1 to build, 1 to save, 1 to sell.

LOL
    *fingers in ears* I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA
    Cymbelineautolycus
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 47
    Hmm...decisions.. order the Apollo lander today for free mission patch or wait till 5th for free space rocket ride and hope not on backorder.. both free gifts overlap date wise but says only 1 free gift per order so not sure how that will work. not very fair Lego !!
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 232
     but says only 1 free gift per order so not sure how that will work. not very fair Lego !!
    Where does it say this?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    That's generally the policy - one of each promotional item per purchase.

(This is why I don't order for freebies through [email protected])
    For clarity under ‘see more features’ on the offer it says this..

“Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift.”

as there will be 2 free offers overlapping for a few days (rocket from 5th for £85 spend, patch until 9th for lander purchase)  I was saying not sure how it will work if Apollo lander was part of your £85+ order
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,316
    I’ve certainly received more than one GWP on a single purchase before, just not two of the same thing.
    pharmjodM_BossSumoLegoPyrobugmustang69bgl_84Oldfan
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 793
    Hmm...decisions.. order the Apollo lander today for free mission patch or wait till 5th for free space rocket ride and hope not on backorder.. both free gifts overlap date wise but says only 1 free gift per order so not sure how that will work. not very fair Lego !!
    That's the policy at Lego stores in Malaysia as well. If several different promos/freebies overlap, we only get to choose one of them, which is a shame.

Though if you get a nice friendly cashier, they might let you split your purchases into multiple bills so you get a freebie for each one.
  • HenkdeVriesHenkdeVries NetherlandsMember Posts: 65
    I ordered the Apollo lander today and both the patch and the rocket ride were added to my cart. :D
    MCNwakeboard
    I did same today and it was unexpected but really good.