Displaying things

ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 143
So, in the LEGO Inside Tour 2019 thread I mentioned that I won a trophy on the tour......now I want to display my trophy in a display case/box.
Where do you get your display cases/boxes? I am in the US, if that makes a difference. Dimensions are 14"x6"x6" (35cmx15cmx15cm).
TIA

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,750
    @SumoLego have you got a picture of the GB cmfs?
    SumoLego
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 113
    Container Store and Michael’s also have lots of display boxes, cases, frames, shadow boxes, etc. that work well for minifigs, Brickheadz, and smaller sets.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    This is the best one I have on-hand:

And here's the regular CMFs...

andheLittleLoripxchriswardm
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 263
    I like the Target cube better. 
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    mak0137 said:
    I like the Target cube better. 
    Yeah, I'm not sure why it's there.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 708
    edited May 31
    I really wish I had the space to display things. My daughter is always taking the mick out of me. I spend two evenings building the thing. It sits on the record player for a couple of days and then gets broken up again. Then a new build turns up on the record player a few days later. Lego is all about the building in our house.
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 143
    Checked out hobby lobby and none of the ones listed will work. My trophy is 14 inches tall......but thanks for the info. There were some great cases that would work for other things.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 553
    edited May 31
    Sideshow offers an array of display cases at all kinds of pricepoints with various features (like back lighting, revolving bases, etc), sized to house thier figures at 1/6 scale. If you really want to showcase your trophy, give them a look. I've never ordered thier cases, but my dealings with them for figures and statues have always been fantastic experiences. Thier CS team is amazing! 
    ravendragonwingSumoLegodmcc0
  • spacethom55spacethom55 North London Member Posts: 4
    A while ago I completed Series 18 and the LEGO Batman movie series 2 of collectable minifig and have a good way to display them. It uses the Ikea Kasseby display box (502.647.53) and DBG inverted 2x3 bricks (Part No. 4211064). It does however involve gluing the bricks with super glue. I made a marking JIG out of LEGO and marked in where the bricks would go before sticking. Also these frames are extra deep so could display other things in them as well. 
    ravendragonwingLittleLoridutchlegofan50
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 54
    I found a tea spoon collecting display case in a second hand shop, works well I think. (excuse the quality, the phone camera isn't as good as it could be)
    ravendragonwingmak0137LittleLorimadforLEGOstlux560HeliportM1J0E
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 503
    A while ago I completed Series 18 and the LEGO Batman movie series 2 of collectable minifig and have a good way to display them. It uses the Ikea Kasseby display box (502.647.53) and DBG inverted 2x3 bricks (Part No. 4211064). It does however involve gluing the bricks with super glue. I made a marking JIG out of LEGO and marked in where the bricks would go before sticking. Also these frames are extra deep so could display other things in them as well. 
    what did you do about the backing of the kasseby? did you stick something over it or remove it all together? 
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 294
    @SumoLego how many studs deep can you get in the display cases for the standard cmf series?  And are they stackable?
    Yes, they are stackable.  (I've actually purchased them by the case.)

https://www.pioneerplastics.com/product-category/display-case/diecast/

I want to say they are 10 studs deep - sufficient to fit a 20-figure series.  And some wiggle room to fit an oversized character like Medusa.
  • spacethom55spacethom55 North London Member Posts: 4
    obi_g said:
    what did you do about the backing of the kasseby? did you stick something over it or remove it all together? 
    I stuck it straight on, It worked just fine as the weight of the minifigs is pretty small. But if I was doing anything heavier I would put something like hardboard over the top.
    Also the background colour is nearly identical to dark bluish grey.
    obi_g
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,750
    Wondering if this thread should now be merged with this existing one https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/comment/623615#Comment_623615 as it's now covering the same topic and helpful to keep ideas in the same place? @Huw @drdavewatford @admin?
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 143
    I do not think so, as I was asking about displaying a trophy not minifigs.
    TXLegoguyCasper_vd_Korf
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 294
    Would something like this work?

https://www.containerstore.com/s/doll-size-display-cube/d?productId=10001591&q=Display

It’s a doll display cube but dimensions would seem to work for what you have. 
    SumoLegoLittleLori
  • mikerabamikeraba LouisianaMember Posts: 1
    How about something huge like the Cinderella Castle (71040)? I'd love to have it in a case when I'm finished and add lights. 
  • todlertodler UK - South WestMember Posts: 28
    Hi, I have some Lidl display cabinets but the glass shelves are about 6” apart so I’m getting some 4 tier clear acrylic shelves made to maximise the space ( 4 levels with 19-20 figs per shelf)
    However just looked at some 2x1 clear plates to mount/support the Minifigs and to buy the amount needed (800?) is going to cost over £100, which is more than the display cabinet and acrylic shelves together.
    Any idea what else I could use to support the Minifigs? Was hoping to use clear but may have to look at coloured. Was hoping they did a clear version of the tape but I can’t find any.
    Any suggestions? Looking at bonding/glueing/sticking these to each shelf
    Cheers

Next project is to make a display box/frame to mount 4No long mini figure display tubes