Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Boston

awahl211awahl211 Boston, MAMember Posts: 12
Hi, 

I have been out of the dark ages for a little over 2 years now. It all started when I broke my arm during ski season and I was so bored with myself that my boyfriend took me to the LEGO store because I always talked about wanting a huge LEGO layout as a kid. 

Started off with Assembly square and my collection has expanded to include 9 of the modular buildings, all 3 fairground sets and various city, star wars and ninjago sets. My goal is to build a big city layout with lighting, moving parts (like the fairground sets, but with my own creations) and tons of interesting scenery. 

One question - is there a specific place on this forum to share the progress of my layout? I am not sure which topic this would belong to.

Best,
awahl211
Koolbrix2018

Comments

• HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    Welcome

I'm not sure either. You could put some updates under 'What are you building right now' or 'What have you done to your house...' but please be selective about your photos. Not too many and not too often (and not too big). Many people view this forum on their phones.

Thanks
    awahl211
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    If you do want to post big or many photos, you can use the spoiler tag - that way, they don't automatically open and clog up the page.
    awahl211Koolbrix2018
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,510
    Welcome to the forums!

A lot of people also post links to their flickr for photos.
    SumoLegochuckpawahl211Koolbrix2018
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 150
    The Modulars got me back into LEGO as well. I love how the big sets have changed from childhood to adulthood. What was big for me was the Paradise Resort, now I'm buying sets 5-10 times the size in terms of piece count.

I love Boston. The old narrow streets and buildings around downtown reminds me of Sydney.
    I go there every couple of years. The only thing I don't like is the train from New York taking 4 hours and always forgetting to ask where the Taxi ranks are at South Station but I always forget and end up being overcharged by the Russian hire car drivers that congregate at the entrance. U vant cab? I have cab. Then taking one because I can't be bothered looking for the proper cabs as I had just been on a train for 4 hours.
    I never get the accent though. Bawston.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,510
    Wicked good chowdah!
    awahl211