Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Custom minifigures

landolando Member Posts: 104
Im in two minds as to start collecting custom marvel minifigures.
anybody collect just custom or just the normal or both ?
ive a feeling these custom pieces could get expensive  

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    What do you mean by custom? Real LEGO parts that have been printed, or ones from clone (mainly Chinese) companies? The former are often expensive, the latter cheap.

• landolando Member Posts: 104
    CCC said:
    What do you mean by custom? Real LEGO parts that have been printed, or ones from clone (mainly Chinese) companies? The former are often expensive, the latter cheap.

Yes I’ve seen a few accessories for a few of my iron mans so I would say these are the 
    latter. The minifigures are roughly around the £50 mark do look very good tho
    I guess it depends what you want to do with them. You can get many varieties of Iron Man suits not done by LEGO on aliexpress for about 90c. Obviously they are not genuine LEGO parts at that price.
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 350
    Personally I would say it depends what you want to do with them, I wouldn't personally display them with my Marvel minifigure collection but that is purely a personal preference. If its for a kid to play with then I would probably buy cheap ones! I would however buy custom printed Lego parts/minifigures for MOCs or gifts...
    PJ76uk said:
    Personally I would say it depends what you want to do with them, I wouldn't personally display them with my Marvel minifigure collection but that is purely a personal preference. If its for a kid to play with then I would probably buy cheap ones! I would however buy custom printed Lego parts/minifigures for MOCs or gifts...
    These would be for myself to display only. Can I ask why you would display them with your marvel collection.. not being rude at all .  am just interested. 
    CCC said:
    I guess it depends what you want to do with them. You can get many varieties of Iron Man suits not done by LEGO on aliexpress for about 90c. Obviously they are not genuine LEGO parts at that price.
    The ones I’ve seen are from a website called micomee the work looks awesome to be honest 
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 350
    lando said:
    PJ76uk said:
    These would be for myself to display only. Can I ask why you would display them with your marvel collection.. not being rude at all .  am just interested. 
    Purely because all my minifigure displays are 100% genuine Lego. I only own 2 clone brand minifigures, a Hulk and a Minecraft Steve I bought years ago on holiday in Bulgaria. I don't like mixing clone/off brand bricks with genuine Lego and any that are gifted to my kids stays at their nanas house! Like I said, purely a personal choice, not saying its right or wrong just that its how I like it...
    lando said:
    CCC said:
    The ones I’ve seen are from a website called micomee the work looks awesome to be honest 

I don't think the printing looks very good at all. Clearly not pad printed.

stlux
    PJ76uk said:
    lando said:
    PJ76uk said:
    Purely because all my minifigure displays are 100% genuine Lego. I only own 2 clone brand minifigures, a Hulk and a Minecraft Steve I bought years ago on holiday in Bulgaria. I don't like mixing clone/off brand bricks with genuine Lego and any that are gifted to my kids stays at their nanas house! Like I said, purely a personal choice, not saying its right or wrong just that its how I like it...
    Ah ok that’s cool 
    CCC said:
    lando said:
    CCC said:

I don't think the printing looks very good at all. Clearly not pad printed.

Ah ok. So (pad printing) is better .. sorry I’m still learning 
    They just don't look like they will fit in with genuine lego ones. The print has very heavy striping (a sign of being done in a printer rather than pad printing) plus the  print goes all the way up to and over the edges, whereas lego print normally stops before the edges. This sort of detail makes them look odd next to the real thing.

If you are purchasing anything like that, try to see them first, or ask about money-back guarantees if you are not happy, or only buy one to get an idea about quality.
    CCC said:
    They just don't look like they will fit in with genuine lego ones. The print has very heavy striping (a sign of being done in a printer rather than pad printing) plus the  print goes all the way up to and over the edges, whereas lego print normally stops before the edges. This sort of detail makes them look odd next to the real thing.

If you are purchasing anything like that, try to see them first, or ask about money-back guarantees if you are not happy, or only buy one to get an idea about quality.
    Ah ok thank you for the help much appreciated