Darth Vader Bust availability

palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 203
edited May 17 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hello, does anyone know if this Darth Vader bust is going to be on sale in the UK. Or do I need to get stuck in to e-bay. 
Cheers

Comments

• stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194
    As this set was released prior to May 01, it does not fall under TLG's new policy to release region-specific sets worldwide after a couple of months. #80103 is the first set covered by this new policy.

If the box is not important to you, it is easy to BL the parts as there are no exclusive pieces. I spent EUR 50 on getting the parts from B&P/PaB as 1 wedge piece was new at the time and not yet available on BL. However all parts can now also be obtained on BL.
    palmers9grbomniumPitfall69Lego_Star
  • palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 203
    Great good to know thanks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,788
    stlux said:
    As this set was released prior to May 01, it does not fall under TLG's new policy to release region-specific sets worldwide after a couple of months. #80103 is the first set covered by this new policy.

Isn't the bust a promotional set anyway - so even if it was a later one, it might not be covered under this new policy. It'll be interesting to see what does and doesn't get covered.
    SumoLegoPitfall69
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    ^if I remember correctly comic-con and convention exclusives will remain that. There may be some that get sold as a store exclusives, but they won't be a LEGO release.
    SumoLegoPitfall69
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,911
    Oftentimes, only a magic sticker is the differentiating factor for an 'exclusive' that doesn't end up being actually exclusive.
    gmonkey76dmcc0Pitfall69SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,788
    Yeah, but it is an exclusive magic sticker.
    gmonkey76dmcc0Pitfall69Baby_Yoda
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    What is confusing people is that the set was "for sale" at Target for a limited time. Technically, it was a convention "exclusive" first before Targer started selling them. It does say "Star Wars Celebration" on the box. The thing that is most important is that it was available before the May 1st "deadline" that TLG put out there, so I'm 99.9% sure that it won't be available.
    Bumblepantspharmjod
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,835
    SumoLego said:
    Oftentimes, only a magic sticker is the differentiating factor for an 'exclusive' that doesn't end up being actually exclusive.
    Or apparently needing to have a useless black card, but not actually needing to have said useless black card.
  • palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 203
    well I think that ive opened a can of worms here. 
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    well I think that ive opened a can of worms here. 
    Not really. It has been discussed plenty before you posted. 
    Fizyxgmonkey76palmers9grb