Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10217 Diagon Alley: discontinued?

MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
edited January 2012 in Collecting
According to http://www.brickset.com/buy/us/noLongerAvailable/ , http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10217-1 is no longer available in the US. Does that seem likely to anyone? This is a fairly recent set, isn't it?

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    that page isn't known to be super-accurate. stuff comes up on it often that later becomes available again on the LEGO site.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Interesting page, not seen that before, thanks.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    it is a page that shows when a stock is out of stock, or back order.
    but according to [email protected]: "Out of stock, expected ship date 26 Jan 2012 " in the US and Canada...Europe is still ok.

I guess this one will be gone by the summer...
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK I found it via the sitemap: http://www.brickset.com/sitemap/ and the sitemap can be found by hovering over the "More" tab (at least, when you're on Brickset.com, not when you're in the forum).

I didn't have time to check what it actually said on [email protected], and I do know the page isn't super-accurate (some of the new sets are listed as discontinued also).
  • tbennet2tbennet2 Member Posts: 17
    Just bought 10215 Diagon yesterday at the Lego store with my 10% off coupon. They also had stacks of 4842 Hogwarts castle. Looks like they restocked for the new year.
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 242
    Probably not the place for this but does anyone know if this 10% off coupon is in any of the UK catalogues?
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 874
    ^ Nope, no coupons for the UK!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    really disappointed in Lego on this one. I spent quite a bit last year, and just because I am in the UK, I don't get a coupon. It's a poor customer experience when other regions get both a better price and discount coupons.
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    I'm keeping a close eye on Diagon Alley as funds are tight right now... You should have seen me jump when I read the thread title! lol

Does anyone have an idea on how the Medieval Market Village is in terms of stock, as I'd love to add this to Diagon Alley ? I'm new to all this... how long has the village been out and is it safe to leave ?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    MMV I think is on the way out..
    Best to get one now or risk paying more later...
    Even if it does not go bye bye soon, it is a nice set in terms of parts.
    Thanks... I'll bump it up my (now steadily increasing) list of priorities!
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,967
    This is the sole reason I picked up MMV late last year, so it could be used with Diagon Alley. Our Lego store had a ton of Diagon Alley yesterday.

Tamy
  • vedder1029vedder1029 Member Posts: 78
    My local Lego store had a full stock of MMV last week but was completely out of Diagon Alley. Looks like Diagon is back up for purchase on [email protected] (US).
  • bixtrix77bixtrix77 Member Posts: 53
    @Amiko you're not the only one that jumpsd! I soooo need to get this set but have no funds till March! I don't know how I would have got it but somehow would. Just need Hogwarts battle and train to complete the set.
    @bixtrix77 I've just had 'the conversation' with Mrs Amiko re expenditure...

She's lovely and get's it! I've literally only jumped back into LEGO over the last few weeks, only to discover that ALL of my wanted sets are towards the end of their shelf life. I'm therefore going to buy as and when I can - quick smartish - and bung things away to open in a more reasonable timeframe across the year...

Still - the tension ain't healthy! lol
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ Im glad you think that too, I thought it was just me clinging onto the past or something, thinking that all the good sets are finishing now.
    I just wish I'd have timed my sudden enthusiasm better... It would be great for my wallet if half the stuff going out was about to come in over Summer but hey ho...
  • ereiamjhereiamjh Member Posts: 182
    We bought Diagon Alley and MMV (as well as the modular Fire Brigade station) yesterday, as we didn't want to miss out. I didn't think of putting MMV with Diagon Alley though! That's an excellent idea.

Amiko - I totally get where you're coming from, as we only recently got back into Lego and it seems like all the decent sets that we want are on their way out! It's been an expensive few months, that's for sure.

Tanya.
  • anastasiaanastasia Member Posts: 20
    Oops, just realised I was logged in with my husband's account (I thought I'd already set my own up for some reason!) lol

Tanya.
    @anastasia I wish my wife was as enthusiastic about it all. It must be great for your other half to enjoy this hibby like you.

I have hidden the odd set in the loft shhhh. lol I have only just opened up and started to admit my growing obsession with the hp theme. So gunna miss it when it's gone. would love the old knockturn alley set aswell as the shreiking shack. Can't see that happening though.
  • anastasiaanastasia Member Posts: 20
    @bixtrix77 - yeah, it's so great to have a shared hobby. For so many years we've had our own hobbies and not really been into the same things apart from films (e.g. I collect Disney pins, he plays computer games). I think he still wishes I wouldn't go so over the top with buying the sets though. I've justified my recent spending as these are sets that will disappear soon, but I won't be able to justify spending on new sets straight away.
    Nocturne Alley ? Have you got a number for it ? I don't remember seeing that in the HP Lego book.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,583
    @Amiko: I think Bixtrix77 means this: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4720-1
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Is this really discontinued? I have seen this type of profile before for the Death Star and it is still selling strong. It was on back order, Amazon was almost out of stock, etc.
    @LostInTranslation - Ahhh! Thanks for that. I recognise it now.
    Yeah thats the one.
    Some of the old old HP sets look a little bit naff but they are some really good ones too.
    Did anyone see on ebay the luna lovegood in a ravenclaw uniform? Custom of course. Its a shame that the HP line is likely to disappear forever without releasing hufflepuff and ravenclaw students in their uniform. Real shame. A battle pack would have been great.
    @anastasia lucky you. I have sort of convinced the Mrs diagon alley is a must and soon. I have recently tried my hand at animating lego and really enjoy so need sets lime this. Yet another hobby creeping in! Lol. Lego, fishing, bird keeping, animation, juggling .......... Lol
    Hooray!
    Picked up diagon alley today from mk lego store (uk).
    Had a bit of a fright as when i went in no sign of hp sets anywhere. They are now hidden at the back left of the store. phew.
    I am a bit disappointed that batman fun house wasn't in store not only that it won't be in stock till late march! Grrr
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    ^Sweet, I got mine a few weeks ago. My store changes its inventory locations a lot and they hid the Harry Potter in the back left last time I went in also. I really wonder how much longer this will last. Its "out of stock" at [email protected] again and I think its only been about two weeks ago that they restocked it. I'm pretty sure there is no other retail website that still has these in stock. Anyone think this will just abruptly disappear or will lego keep producing stock if its selling so well?
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I reckon April/May is goodnight for Diagon Alley.
    Have to agree it won't be long. Thay had another four sets in milton keynes I doubt they will last that long. Still disappointed this theme is being discontinued. Just need the train to complete the recent series. Cash was too tight to splash out on this so may not get it :(