Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

How to 1LDU

e1m1e1m1 germanyMember Posts: 3
Hey, I am currently building a Diorama of Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)

Now I am a little stuck.
For the Heliport I built a frame an I want to insert bricks that lay on their side, because I don't find another way to build a thin H sign. When I insert this Module into the heliportframe then I have the problem that the heliportframe is 1 LDU higher than my Module. Does anyone of you have a solution how I can reach 1 LDU so that the frame and the module have the same height, without compromising to much height of my diorama?

I could use 2*6 plates instead of 1*6 plates, but then I have to build the whole diorama a few LDUs heigher.

Comments

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 723
    When I do this, instead of inserting into panels like that, I would build the whole "floor" on its side, using SNOT bricks to attach the red parts to the H section.
  • e1m1e1m1 germanyMember Posts: 3
    omnium said:
    When I do this, instead of inserting into panels like that, I would build the whole "floor" on its side, using SNOT bricks to attach the red parts to the H section.
    Is it possible to do the "module" with SNOT bricks?, 'cause if I am using 99780 or 99781 there still be an offset.
  • e1m1e1m1 germanyMember Posts: 3
    can I edit my posts?
    I think i found the solution for my initial problem, I'll take the green or pink solution until I get it solved with an SNOT-solution.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,172
    ^ You can edit your posts for 6 minutes after you first post them. 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 723
    I'm talking about using only 1 x n bricks and 1 x n plates on their side. And using 1 x 1 bricks with studs on the side will allow you to attach plates at 90 degrees.

So the whole base would be built on its side, just like the new #40333 GWP.
    dmcc0