LEGO stores in Australia.

CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 145
Well. Lego seem to finally be getting into the Australian retail market by opening up Lego stores under license. (We also got our own warehouse so no more waiting for a week or 2 for our sets to come)
There is one in Westfield Bondi Junction in Sydney and an article I read says they want to open one or two in each major city.

So I thought this thread could be used to inform of other stores opening around the country.
I hope Lego stores do well here and it makes it easy to go and get hard to find and exclusive sets under one roof over finding out which retailer has which set as an exclusive.

Comments

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    Having its own warehouse opens up the possibility that Australia could still have sets available that have long since sold out in other regions.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,226
    As far as I know, there are no plans for any actual Brand stores, so no VIP cards and no guarantee for any special offers or GWPs, but I'm certain Pick-a-brick etc. are going to be in the Sydney store, at least.
    Aleydita said:
    Having its own warehouse opens up the possibility that Australia could still have sets available that have long since sold out in other regions.
    Unfortunately the warehouse, while making things much quicker and cheaper for us, has an issue with demand for certain sets being much more than they can keep up with - especially where other countries have no issue. I think it's getting a little better now, though. Hopefully they overshoot and we end up seeing retired sets all over Lego stores. That happens quite frequently with Toyworld.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 145
    There is a new LEGO store in Sydney at Broadway Shopping Centre opening tomorrow.
    Jenni
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,382
    That is so much more convenient! Thanks @Charmiefcb, I was not looking forward to trekking out to Bondi this Christmas.

If you go, would you please report on the PAB wall? Cups are 3,000 yen here and I'm going into withdrawal! :)