Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

what should I do with this Lego item?

LEGOFan2LEGOFan2 USAMember Posts: 447
Hey guys I was just wanting to be able to ask for other peoples advice on some of my finds on as to what I should do with them. I thought that you could put in some wisdom and maybe I can for others.

Comments

• LEGOFan2LEGOFan2 USAMember Posts: 447
    what should I do with this?
    i had purchased it for $4.50 at my local walmart. I just don't know if I should build it, part it out display it or hide it in the house and forget about it until I need room for more Lego. Thanks.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 675
    Build it! I build everything, even sets I only buy for parts. For me, that's the joy of LEGO- building neat stuff out of a bunch of plastic bits. You never know when you might discover a new technique or interesting use for a part. Build it!!!
    pxchrisLEGOFan2drdavewatfordAstrobricksdmcc0
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,405
    Pick up #42072 at the Walmart in Waterbury for $7 and build them both
    Toc13LEGOFan2
    Build it! I build everything, even sets I only buy for parts. For me, that's the joy of LEGO- building neat stuff out of a bunch of plastic bits. You never know when you might discover a new technique or interesting use for a part. Build it!!!
    I build so slow to get the techniques from the models. I am taking it all in to put into practice for building MOCs which I don't have the parts for.
    Pick up #42072 at the Walmart in Waterbury for $7 and build them both
    well I don't know what Walmart you shop at but mine does not have it anymore.
    https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=857481420

Brickseek says "limited stock" in Waterbury, so they may have just sold out, or might have one hidden somewhere. It's a bit hit or miss, further than I'm going to drive to check it out.
    LEGOFan2
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,223
    I'd give it to charity or a Children's Hospital as well. Lego is expensive and it might just make a child's day...heck even week to be given this set. 
    LEGOFan2alldarkerRedbullgivesuwind
    What to do now you all made me fell mixed about it. part of me knows I want to open it. but then I realize how spoiled I and I think most of us are to even be able to afford all this great stuff. I may sit on it. 
    Actually no I won't because if I do the set will be less valued set with the damaged box.
    andheCasper_vd_Korf560HeliportdatsunrobbieToc13
    LEGOFan2 said:
    Actually no I won't because if I do the set will be less valued set with the damaged box.
    One might are that it will be worth less the longer you "sit on it" The set is worth $15-18 and you getting it for $4.50 tells you everything you need to know about the value of the set; nobody really wants it now and probably won't want it 5 years from now. Again, you paid $4.50 for it, just give it to charity and you will feel good and free up.more space for more Lego.
    Furrysaurus
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    ^ This. It's not an especially interesting or desirable set, and time won't change that....
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,402
    alldarker said:
    Give it to a charity or a children’s hospital. You can make a child happy with something you seem not to actually want... 
    Do this!
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 675
    Umm... can I change my answer to "donate it"? :)
    Pitfall69datsunrobbieAstrobricks
    I'm changing my answer to "donate" as well. @Astrobricks gives sound advice about the trap of trying to buy "all" the Lego, and I've got over 30 64 quart tubs of unsorted backlog to prove it.
    Pitfall69LEGOFan2Switchfoot55Astrobricks
    It is ridiculous isn't it? For years I bought ANY Lego I came across from thrift stores, garage sales and clearance items. I have gotten rid of a lot but it is still too much. I now have a "collection model" that I try to stick to. I have given away a lot of my Lego to my friend's children and that gives me much joy. My daughter wants us to being a bunch of Lego to the local Children's Hospital, but I have to be selective on what to bring because I imagine the Lego has to be sterilized in some way. I'm thinking polybags and CMF's would be the best choice.
    LEGOFan2AstrobricksFurrysauruscmrt1014
    I'm changing my answer to "donate" as well. @Astrobricks gives sound advice about the trap of trying to buy "all" the Lego, and I've got over 30 64 quart tubs of unsorted backlog to prove it.
    Wow! I have only been collecting 2008 and only have 157 sets on brickset and only about maybe a 20 gallon bucket of other stuff.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 297

And finally, don’t let it become an addiction that uses up all your money. Most of us have to have some kind of budget. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/6ADzKDwzPzLt6/giphy.gif

AstrobricksBaby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Bash it. Then crash it.
    BumblepantsAstrobricksSumoLego
    i Have a ton of these available in the market place for those who want them.
    Please PM if interested. I am taking trades an $$. they can be seen in the exclusive walmart 20th years Items post.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,339
    LEGOFan2 said:
    I am taking trades an $$. they can be seen in the exclusive walmart 20th years Items post.
    Folks interested in purchasing those items will seek you out through the Marketplace.  There's really no need to post the same offer in multiple non-Marketplace threads.
    AstrobricksLEGOFan2ShibBrickByBrickdmcc0gmonkey76pharmjod
    Thanks for the help! Boy do I need it. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,339
    Sometimes, people aren't interested right now in what you have for sale.  

I've got a pile of posters I thought would sell like hotcakes.  C'est la vie!  (Someone will want a few at some point.)
    LEGOFan2Baby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,017
    ^ I know how you feel. Turns out Clikits and Galidor wasn't such a great investment after all...
    SumoLegoPitfall69King_J