Part 3062a LEGO logo on stud?

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
Did part 3062a ever have the LEGO logo on the stud? I’ve just noticed it’s not on any of the ones I have, and I was starting to doubt their authenticity since I found a bunch in a used lot with non-LEGO.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3062a&name=Brick,%20Round%201%20x%201%20Solid%20Stud&category=%5BBrick,%20Round%5D#T=C

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    They always have the logo on the stud. 
    Astrobricks
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 378
    All lego studs have the logo, if not, they're fake.

Lepin!

Time for the acetone! >:D
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    oldtodd33 said:
    They always have the logo on the stud. 
    Thanks. Of my non-hollow stud round bricks, I’ve so far only found one with a lego logo. I’m surprised how few I have.

For hollow stud round bricks, any idea how to tell real lego from fake?
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 479

Lepin!

That's not remotely true.  The earliest ABB pieces don't have any logos on them anywhere. After that the logos were on the undersides of the bricks, in block letter and barbell style.  Only from 1955 forward was the logo on the studs.
    Astrobricks
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    I have no reliable way to tell them apart except look and feel. Same goes for blocked open stud minifigure heads. Although I have noticed that the open stud 1 x 1 round seems to not be round on the inside but has eight sides if you look closely. 
    Astrobricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    oldtodd33 said:
    I have no reliable way to tell them apart except look and feel. Same goes for blocked open stud minifigure heads. Although I have noticed that the open stud 1 x 1 round seems to not be round on the inside but has eight sides if you look closely. 
    I suspect that is the best way to distinguish, barring colors that lego just doesn’t do, like the very military olive drab. I have been sorting a pile of used bricks this evening and taking out ones that don’t have the slightly octagonal hole. The resultant pile of cast-offs is predominately just 5 or 6 colors, and much more likely to look scuffed and dirty.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794

Lepin!

That's not remotely true.  The earliest ABB pieces don't have any logos on them anywhere. After that the logos were on the undersides of the bricks, in block letter and barbell style.  Only from 1955 forward was the logo on the studs.
    And even then, some studs have mould pips on rather than the logo.