Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Reinvigorating LDD

scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 50
With TLG's better financial situation, I would really like them to reinvest in LDD and reinstate the order direct from the program option. I wonder what he likelihood of that is?

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,566
    I doubt they would bring it back, especially since there are better alternatives out there.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 661
    The problem is that the ability to order LDD builds was generally unprofitable and an improved financial situation elsewhere is unlikely to change that (especially now that Bricklink's Stud.io can provide more or less the same service for cheaper and with a wider variety of available parts via the secondhand market). I would love to see Lego reinvest in LDD or a similar program, but unless they could figure out a way to effectively monetize it it'd be hard to justify the investment.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    Yeah, it has to be cost effective for them, so you would end up paying Bricks and Pieces type prices as they would need to hand pick every order.

Just because they are in a decent financial position doesn't mean they can start to do loss making activities.
    FowlerBricksstlux
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 393
    I've said it before... but I fully believe that Studio is a far superior program to what LDD ever was. I have a very hard time seeing LEGO try to get back into that field unless they went towards a mobile app that more kid orientated.
    FowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,566
    @pxchris I totally agree. Studio is waayyy better than LDD ever was.
    pxchris