Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New member here

Ed_D2K19Ed_D2K19 MassachusettsMember Posts: 3
Hi, new member to the forum.  I received my first Lego sets as gifts in the mid 70s, I think my first set was https://brickset.com/sets/565-1/Moon-Landing .  I was a big fan for a number of years until the early 80s.  I came out of my Dark Age after seeing The Lego Movie.  I have enjoyed reading these forums for a long time, and finally decided to sign up.  I was always a fan of Classic Space, or as it was known at the time Space.  The first big set I bought after coming out of my Dark Age was Benny's Spaceship https://brickset.com/sets/70816-1/Benny-s-Spaceship-Spaceship-SPACESHIP!
pharmjodpxchris

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,437
    Welcome Ed! Sounds like we may be of similar age :)

First bit of advice - you can create links to sets using the hashtag. So the above two can be linked as #565 and #70816.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,330
    Welcome to the forum, and be prepared to be tempted to spend lots of money if you look at the deals pages.
    HugeYellowBrick
  • Ed_D2K19Ed_D2K19 MassachusettsMember Posts: 3
    Welcome Ed! Sounds like we may be of similar age :)

First bit of advice - you can create links to sets using the hashtag. So the above two can be linked as #565 and #70816.

Good to know.  I wondered how that worked. Thank you!
    Astrobricks
  • Ed_D2K19Ed_D2K19 MassachusettsMember Posts: 3
    Welcome to the forum, and be prepared to be tempted to spend lots of money if you look at the deals pages.
    I have already been tempted, many times.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 507
    Hello and welcome @Ed_D2K19! #70816 was a good enough set to bring anybody out of their dark ages!
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 619

#565 was my first set as well, welcome back to Lego and to the forums, and kiss your spare change goodbye...