Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New to the forum, hello

bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 76
Hello!

Lifelong lego fan, but I suppose you could say I entered my Dark Age around age 14 (2004ish). Once I graduated college, moved in with my future wife, etc, I wanted to begin collecting, but never had the space in our condo. Plus, I was spending LOTS of money on another hobby at the time. I did however buy a Saturn V with the hopes of having room for it one day. Once we bought a house in 2017, and I got my own office, I started buying actively buying. Even though I really want EVERYTHING, space and money make me selective. 

I mostly focus on themes near and dear to me, like Wizarding World, LOTR/Hobbit, Star Wars and Speed Champions. Creator Expert is great, too. I also love old themes from my childhood, plus some of the other Ideas sets. Also, I wish I had every single Creator Expert Modular, but I own zero, again due to money and space. As I've gotten older, I've become more and more frugal in all aspects of my life, so Lego is always a guilty pleasure for me. I've noticed that as my hobby has progressed over the past couple of years, I've been more inclined to buy something (or two of something) just to have it, rather than to build and display. I know myself well enough to know that that's when things spiral out of control, so I must be careful :)

I probably don't have much to contribute to the forums, as I am mostly in learning mode still. Maybe I'll post a few comments here and there. I am mostly here for news. So, this is my long winded hello.

P.S. I am a total sucker for polybags and microscale. They are some of my favorite sets!
BumblepantsdrdavewatfordSumoLegomadforLEGOMegtheCatgmonkey76pharmjodpxchrisNorfolkian

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 851
    Welcome! Polybags help with the space and money limitations. :)  
    SumoLegomadforLEGOgmonkey76Norfolkian
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,856
    edited March 22
    Welcome! Polybags help with the space and money limitations. :)  
    To a certain point.  'Cause you got to get them all!

Welcome to the Forum!  We'll make everything worse.
    560HeliportmadforLEGOMegtheCatgmonkey76bpk2300
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,437
    The nice thing about the Saturn V is it doesn’t take up much space when displayed vertically :)
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    from what I read on the saturn V here, I must be the only one who is slightly disappointed after building it. the size is impressive, but I don't find there are many interesting details to look at. still pretty cool, but a bit bland compared to other large models I own.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 507
    It might be bland, relatively speaking @Fauch, but that's because it's extremely accurate. I am still amazed by what an amazing model it is.
    bpk2300