Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

6990 - Futuron Monorail - Motor Switching

nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 46
So I acquired an almost complete 6990 - Futuron Monorail Transport set amongst a $50 Facebook purchase and Bricklinked the final few parts to complete the set. 

The motor runs well, and it drives itself around the track, however when it hits the switch to reverse/change directions, it doesn't quite fully engage the switch and reverse directions. It just comes to a stop. If I give it just a bit of a nudge, it will reverse and engage the other way.

Is there any way to "lubricate" the switch on the motor or help rectify the issue? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with the switch?

Other than that, the set is in great condition and I'm into it for less than $100 and I got some other sets with the purchase to boot.

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 877
    I wonder if the switch on the motor is worn down a little so when it hits the piece on the track, it doesn't quite get moved far enough to change directions. I'd think you could try putting some tape on the grey piece to "thicken" it a little; maybe it would need several pieces of tape- but it shouldn't damage anything if it doesn't work.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    In my experience the track switch is usually the problem. The cam inside can get a little weird when it moves. Try cleaning the track in warm soapy water and dry it out. It should move smoothly and center itself so that it can hit the motor switch properly. 

After that, run the motor through the switches quite a few times and that should help the motor contacts work a little better as it probably hasn't had any run time in quite a while.  
    maaaaaaa