Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buying CMFs online from TRU or Lego.com

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
edited April 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
When I was ordering my Maersk trains earlier this week, I put 5 series 4 CMFs on the order as well figureing that they would not add much to the postage. Then I got to thinking where these CMFs would come from. Does anyone know whether they come from a warehouse somewhere from an unsearched box (meaning that the true box distributions apply) or do they come from the stock of a lego store somewhere after people have searched the packs and skewed the distribution? For that matter the same goes for TRU as well. I don't mind paying for the figs, but I have found in the last 2 series that I was getting huge amounts of Ringmasters, for instance, because they were all that was left in a box on the shelf. This has become less of a problem as the bar code/dots decoder become less reliable, but still.

My guess is that these all come from a warehouse somewhere, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Probably just plucked from an open container of them at the distribution center and tossed in a box.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I would agree with prof that they're likely pulling from open stock in a warehouse so your outs are live, so to speak. Additionally, my S4 figs were not lumped in groups of like figs so the chance of dups would not necessarily be increased if the picker pulled from an actual carton and in one grab. This was not the case with previous series as the same figs would often be in clumps together.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Thanks, guys.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^^ I found this to be the case too, probably just another anti-identification ploy by LEGO.