Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Creatures of Habitat

eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 62
SIAP, I just saw the announcement of an exciting exhibit coming to the Philadelphia Zoo. I wonder if other zoos and attractions have offered or will offer the same opportunity?

SumoLegoBaby_YodaLEGO Fan

Comments

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 458
    SumoLego said:
    Huh, I thought this said 'Creatures of Habit'. 

I was going to volunteer to be in an exhibit where I take naps on my couch at 6:35pm while watching episodes of American Pickers on Hulu.
    hahaha..... 
    SumoLegoLEGO FanPitfall69
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,685
    SumoLego said:

I was going to volunteer to be in an exhibit where I take naps on my couch at 6:35pm while watching episodes of American Pickers on Hulu.
    Geez, man, I know the show wasn't that interesting, but I'd hardly call it nap-worth.

Try anything on HGTV...
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,165
    To grossly misquote my wife:

"Rusty bike, oil can, motorcycle toy, weird jug, tattoos... next episode!"

"I'm tired of Mike and Frank haggling for junk that other dumb people want to buy."
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtterdavetheoxygenman
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,996
    SumoLego said:

"I'm tired of Mike and Frank haggling for junk that other dumb people want to buy."
    That is the premise of the show.
    SumoLegogmonkey76SprinkleOtter
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,996
    I thought I’d google Creatures of Habitat to see if it is a traveling exhibit or being shown in multiple places. What I found is that it’s a very common play on words.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,165
    That is the premise of the show.
    I didn't say she was wrong.
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtter
  • eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 62
    I thought I’d google Creatures of Habitat to see if it is a traveling exhibit or being shown in multiple places. What I found is that it’s a very common play on words.
    To be fair, I did include the link in my original post. The site says "on exhibit only at Philadelphia Zoo." Sean Kenney is the designer, and it looks like these designs stem from his touring exhibit Nature Connects:

Just something I found interesting - not as interesting as American Pickers of course.

AstrobricksLittleLoriGalactus
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,101
    SumoLego said:

I love that show!!! Your wife is seriously going to hate me when she meets me. She is going to seriously despise us together in the same room. Let the games...begin!!!
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    SumoLego said:

They already have an exhibition like that. I saw that this woman was enclosed in a clear box and people watched her sleep.
    SumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,685
    SumoLego said:

Mrs.SumoLego is very astute...
    Pitfall69 said:
    SumoLego said:

I love that show!!! Your wife is seriously going to hate me when she meets me. She is going to seriously despise us together in the same room. Let the games...begin!!!
    You say "when".....
    Pitfall69 said:
    SumoLego said:

They already have an exhibition like that. I saw that this woman was enclosed in a clear box and people watched her sleep.
    Image result for snow white sleeping
    ?

gmonkey76Baby_YodaSumoLegoLEGO FanLittleLoridmcc0Pitfall69Gibbo1959pxchris
    ...and that was impressive. I have to give credit where credit is due.
    gmonkey76SumoLego