Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego trialling digital VIP cards

1235»

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,995
    All I can say is that the goal of a company should be to create value/produce a good product, and provide a good customer experience. I do not see LEGO doing that with this new system.. on many different levels (at least from what I have heard, because I, too, cannot access the VIP points system).

I wrote and told LEGO CS as much (for what that may be worth anyway). I'm not sure why you take a good system and try to break it, or make it more difficult (unless you are trying to diminish the returns for consumers with VIP accounts).

The change over hasn't been handled well. That is bad service.

However, the longer term goal of allowing customers to get something other than money off is a good one, and was something that came in an a VIP survey. Obviously people wanted it and they are rolling it out. So long as they have some good gifts, I can see this being a better system longer term. Of course, if they get the short term problems sorted.
    Ayliffe
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,257
    As long as there are no 'in-Store only' promotions I'll be happy
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 109
    Just to confirm, the bat pod does come in the proper packaging, albeit in a weirdly not quite big enough shipping box. I think someone was doubtful earlier in the thread but can’t be bothered to trawl back through!
    PyrobugstluxSumoLegoDiggydoes
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    ^^ That is exceptionally poor, you're right @Shropshire but not the first misleading marketing claim made, though admittedly the others to which I refer were on LEGO branded POS materials for non brand stores. Tesco LEGO SW DJ promotion I'm looking at you in particular though not the only one.

---

Did you redeem for a batpod @mklego?
    @Lego_Star yes was lucky I logged in at the right time and had enough points!
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited July 2019
    At least you were able to access the rewards centre and redeem your points @mklego
    Do you mind if I ask which browser you used?

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    So my points are back which is good, but to redeem it a different certificate for [email protected] or in store. Way to take something that was easy, and make customers jump through hoops to redeem rewards.
    madforLEGO560Heliport
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    mklego said:
    Just to confirm, the bat pod does come in the proper packaging, albeit in a weirdly not quite big enough shipping box. I think someone was doubtful earlier in the thread but can’t be bothered to trawl back through!
    Wow that‘s great! Yeah when it popped up online i‘ve read the descriptions as if it comes like a „bricklinked“Version (incl.Instructions)! Glad to hear i was wrong!
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 341

I didn't get Bat Pod on basis it sounded like a bag of parts with instructions chucked in... if was clearer it was a normal boxed version i'd have got one for sure....

If it is the normal box, not sure how those people who won a limited edition set when it first came out will be feeling now. Was it 750 sets ? guess depends on how many were "found" this time to give/sell for points.

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    It could be that the Bat Pod were just extra from winners that didn't claim them, or LEGO could of had 10 in stock just in case there was a problem with the others. I get the feeling that the new VIP system will be a dumping ground for all left over promos. 
    madforLEGO
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,341
    My points have finally appeared. I have 41019, which at 800 points per £5 means they are worth £256. That means I've lost £40 of value since last week. I'm just glad I have a receipt from last week with my points balance on otherwise I'd have no idea of what I had lost. Anyone else had any points/value go missing?

By all means say "VIPs: Collectible art print." "Redeem 500 points in the VIP Rewards Centre for gift." but please don't say it's free.

Yes, dodgy marketing plus you have to place an order to get it. LEGO are making themselves look like the companies that do offers such as "free gift* (*plus £9.99 postage)".
    Fizyx
    My points have finally appeared. I have 41019, which at 800 points per £5 means they are worth £256. That means I've lost £40 of value since last week. I'm just glad I have a receipt from last week with my points balance on otherwise I'd have no idea of what I had lost. Anyone else had any points/value go missing?
    Just noticed that the rewards I can claim are in $$$ instead of £££. Was thinking this might be the cause of the missing points, but if I convert to $$$ using 650 points per $5, that gives me $315 which is currently only £254.

This is a big enough headache for me. Can you imagine the absolute hell their customer service team is going through right now?
    gmonkey76 said:
    It could be that the Bat Pod were just extra from winners that didn't claim them, or LEGO could of had 10 in stock just in case there was a problem with the others. I get the feeling that the new VIP system will be a dumping ground for all left over promos. 
    I think that’s exactly right, seemed to be 50 or less available, so probably clearing out the last of that limited batch for the competition?  
    I think the weird wording makes it sound like it may not be the fully boxed version, based on the picture being of the model not the box. They seem to have wanted to make it clear that there were going to be instructions because it wasn’t going to arrive built like in the picture?!
    edited July 2019
    The brickfan had this image up:

Presumably whoever took the image was able to get the batpod too. Although they also had trouble ... "As you can see from the image below, I redeemed it using my points but it seems to be glitchy as I should’ve received a promo code to use during checkout but I didn’t get it. I’ve already contacted customer service to see what they say about it."

^ I had a similar experience, the confirmation told me to expect a code which I would then need to use in an order, but when the email came through there was no code. A call to CS later (who as usual hadn’t any idea what was happening on the website) and they concluded that the item would be sent to me direct without order because it was a high value item. I was naturally sceptical, but to be fair it turned up as they stated. I think the confusion was the confirmation message which is clearly a generic one to cater for most cases of redemption which seemingly require an order to be placed with the code used. Easy eh?!
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    Aleydita said:
    Could the removal of being able to spend points in-store without first 'purchasing' a voucher could be due to the fact that any points spent and used in-store aren't actually recorded centrally until the store closes for the day and the POS system sends the update? Just a guess.
    I've done the "multiple LEGO stores in one day" thing and my points were updated, AFAIR.
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 229
    What do you think? How long marvel poster number 3 will be available? I want to purchase some sets in august but Im scared it wont be available in august :D 
    edited July 2019

Not happy about this.... this is on the S&H promotions page.... I am sure you can't say it's free when you need to redeem points and those points have a £ value.. In this case those 500 points are worth £3.12 against spend on Lego sets (ok you need 800 to get £5).. not counting the shipping etc... but I just don't accept what I see as misleading advertising suggesting this item is free.

By all means say "VIPs: Collectible art print." "Redeem 500 points in the VIP Rewards Centre for gift." but please don't say it's free.

I just redeemed some points to get a voucher for the third 'Free' Marvel print partly to see how it works.

It would be more accurate to say "Spend £62.50 to get some VIP points, then purchase something else from us, then add £3.95 shipping and get this free art print. Oh... and you only have 30 days to do this or else we keep your points and won't send you the free art print."

So I basically have 30 days to purchase something from the Lego site I don't need and use £3.12 of my VIP points plus £3.95 shipping to get this poster. I guess the old way of buying something and being handed it in-store was just way too complicated.

No doubt I'm not going to get round to doing this and just end up losing my points and not getting the third Marvel poster.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBmklegoFizyxShropshireLego_Stargmonkey76madforLEGO
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 551
    @Brainslugged I was really conflicted 'Liking' your post above. It seems to me there's not much to like about the new VIP system. Sure, it's nice to choose add-ons like the posters and the VIP poly to an order but the bad far outweighs the good.
    omniumFizyxLego_Stargmonkey76
    I just redeemed some points to get a voucher for the third 'Free' Marvel print partly to see how it works.

It would be more accurate to say "Spend £62.50 to get some VIP points, then purchase something else from us, then add £3.95 shipping and get this free art print. Oh... and you only have 30 days to do this or else we keep your points and won't send you the free art print."

So I basically have 30 days to purchase something from the Lego site I don't need and use £3.12 of my VIP points plus £3.95 shipping to get this poster. I guess the old way of buying something and being handed it in-store was just way too complicated.

No doubt I'm not going to get round to doing this and just end up losing my points and not getting the third Marvel poster.
    If you have already redeemed them and you want the poster (for delivery cost / £4), then why not order a single 1x1 brick from PAB and include the poster voucher with that order? You will get the PAB part, a (reusable) jiffy bag, the poster and probably a large box for the poster to be couriered in.

It might also work with a one part bricks and pieces order, again paying the £3.95 for delivery as you are under £50.

mklego
    @BOBJACK_JACKBOB - Yup. It's a real pain in the arse.

Plus something else occurred to me. I dug out my receipt from last night to see how many points I had after buying a pick a brick tub. The receipts no longer show your points total or whether points were even earned that visit. You just have to assume everything worked as it should. It was always nice in the past when the receipt showed previous balance, points earned that visit and new points total. Now you have to dig around on the website to see if and how many points were earned.

I had an instance in the past where I paid for a large set in-store, but they also took all the VIP points from me as if I'd used those to pay for it. I'd never have noticed if not for the receipt.

Plus I needed to send customer services a pic of a  receipt had from last week as about £40 worth of points were missing from the new system. Having all your points information hidden solely within Lego's janky website makes me feel very uneasy. I feel like I'm gonna need to personally keep track of my points just to make sure nothing goes wrong with my points in the future.
    SumoLegogmonkey76madforLEGO
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,142
    You just have to assume everything worked as it should.
    Well, then!  Everything will work out just fine!

(Message brought to you by a litigation attorney.)
    560Heliportgmonkey76madforLEGO
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    So does anyone.kniw if the spidey print is available to pick up in store for spending £35 or similar on Marvel stuff like the other 2 prints were, or do we have to go through the VIP redemption system online?
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 552
    So does anyone.kniw if the spidey print is available to pick up in store for spending £35 or similar on Marvel stuff like the other 2 prints were, or do we have to go through the VIP redemption system online?
    As far as I’ve been told from staff in my local store, it’s online only.
    monkeyhanger
    obi_g said:
    As far as I’ve been told from staff in my local store, it’s online only.
    I was told the same thing by Bryan at the Metrocentre yesterday.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 267
    Last night I was finally able to access the VIP reward centre by installing Firefox instead of using Safari. My points were there but I can't say that I'm enamoured of the new system. There was no history of how I earned the points and there are more steps to follow. It looks like I will need to keep copies of all receipts to ensure that Lego and I agree on my points total. My Bricks and Pieces order has an order number but it is now in limbo because Bricks and Pieces is suspended - temporarily I hope. :C

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,618
    logged in, went to rewards centre. I appear to have 850 points, which sounds about right, still no purchase history record though. I did the four social media and survey bits for 100 easy points. I'll see how it goes.
    PJ76uk
    I've just received an email saying that their "all-new, upgraded, rebuilt, more-awesome-than-ever LEGO VIP Loyalty Program has arrived."

Thanks LEGO, there's nothing like sending out an email to inform customers about a month after an important change has been made.
    jnscoelhoomniumFizyxmadforLEGOLego_StarM1J0E
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    I think a large number of people are now checking it out...i assumed they'd held off emailing so they could get it working properly before too much traffic hit... 

... If that was their plan it didn't work
    BumblepantsstluxLostInTranslationBaby_YodamklegoReesesPiecesFizyxklintonLego_Star
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 552
    Might be discussed earlier, but couldn’t find it:

i heard points are country-exclusive now? As i buy from the Dutch [email protected], as well as in the Shop in Cologne, that wouldn’t be very cool. Anyone in the know?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,804
    CCC said:
    I've just received an email saying that their "all-new, upgraded, rebuilt, more-awesome-than-ever LEGO VIP Loyalty Program has arrived."

Thanks LEGO, there's nothing like sending out an email to inform customers about a month after an important change has been made.
    ..and when the desirable VIP reward items (ie The Bat-pod) are long gone too. 
    CCC said:

..and when the desirable VIP reward items (ie The Bat-pod) are long gone too. 
    That was gone before I had been credited all my points. And I think my account was fairly fast in being correct compared to others here. Not that I had enough points anyway, but still.

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,303
    The email said I should sign in and complete the online VIP registration even if I already have one. So, I did, and at least it works now on my iPad, but there were no additional steps beyond signing in. So, good, I guess?
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Ok, I'm a little late to this but wow, from what I've read this is really not looking good to me.
    When I first signed up to VIP many many years ago I used my husband's email as I didn't have one! So I'm going to have ask him if he's had anything. Yes I'm a little old fashioned in liking an actual card and to make the journey to a store to see if they have anything I'd like to purchase.

I also used all VIP points in store, actually has been the only thing helping me purchase larger sets. I've no idea if I'm going to be able to redeem the points I should have. Oh well, sad face for me today.
    LostInTranslationLego_Star
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,900
    I have tried to log in to VIP Rewards Center... nothing happens. "Wait a moment while we redirect you..." or something like that. But it never goes anywhere. So, for me, there's no reason to be a VIP. From now on, I'll only buy PAB cups at the store, and just forget about the $.80 in rewards I'm not getting- having to go online merely to check my balance, let alone actually redeeming them, is just not worth it. Very Insignificant Person, apparently.  
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 917

So here is my story with the new VIP points. 

That really sucks :\  It's so far outside of 'normal' LEGO CS interactions that we usually hear about too, which makes it even worse imo.  Hopefully someone there got your feedback and is taking it seriously.  Should have never happened.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 514

I had something similar happen to me - I had placed an order with my wifes credit card (only one we have) adn because it was her card, my name on my account was changed to hers.

Thankfully I did manage to get it changed before the black VIP cards from the UCS Falcon were sent out.
    sid3windr
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 985
    Muftak1 said:

I had something similar happen to me - I had placed an order with my wifes credit card (only one we have) adn because it was her card, my name on my account was changed to hers.

Thankfully I did manage to get it changed before the black VIP cards from the UCS Falcon were sent out.
    Mine too. Exactly the same in that it was my account before but wife’s credit card... so now the vip section is registered in her name not mine!