Lego trialling digital VIP cards

Yip-manYip-man United KingdomMember Posts: 11
edited July 8 in Everything else LEGO
Just received an email from Lego - I have been selected to trail digital VIP card. 

I could select black (star wars design) or Classic. 

Card ts appears in Apple or Android wallet. 

Also states be one of the first revive new offers etc

seems like a great idea. 
KingSlamma

Comments

• palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 203
    Out of intrinte are you a black card vip?? I've had a similar email but not looked any further yet. Not sure how it all works 
    LEGOFan2
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 487
    Just done mine Black VIP, goes straight to your wallet on iPhone with correct VIP number, and email address.. easy. 
    @Huw are we getting digital “Recognized Community” stickers to go with them ? :)
    clickabricksid3windrstlux
  • Yip-manYip-man United KingdomMember Posts: 11
    Hi Yes have black vip card
  • clickabrickclickabrick SuffolkMember Posts: 16
    I just received an interesting email invite to trial a digital version of the Lego store VIP card.  You get to choose a regular VIP card or the Black MF version to use.  Dunno if this option is available to all or just those who bought the giant UCS MF ( I did BTW).  As I have a mobile with a fruity name, I can have it added to my Wallet so it can be called up quickly in store.
    It does look quite snazzy.

I think this is a good idea.  I don't carry my VIP card around and normally just look up my VIP number from my store notes to use at the till whenever I pop into a LEGO store to buy something.  So having a nice easily scannable VIP card on my phone will come very handy. 

Anyone else get this today?
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 778
    edited March 6
    On Andriod it puts a pass into the Google Pay app, like where you would go if you had tickets or such.  I'm interested in if they're going to put an exclusive offers on that are tied to being enrolled with the digital card.  I hope they don't, because they already have too many places that they run exclusive offers...

(I also got the choice between black or regular card, but that's not very illuminating because I do have a physical black card.)

EDIT:  Also, I hope I don't seem to desperate to LEGO, enrolling in a new test program less than 5 minutes after they roll it out.  I could see them abusing that knowledge horribly D:
    clickabricksid3windrBaby_Yoda
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 529
    I haven't yet... but I'm ALL for digital loyalty/rewards cards! My ancient VIP card has definitely seen better days and I hate pulling it out of my wallet every time I buy in store.
    clickabrickBaby_Yoda
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,393
    I have had my VIP card in Stocard for ages.. but I don't put stickers on my phone... so I still carry the card.

Not sure what this digital addition is supposed to do that couldn't be done before...
    obi_g
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,293
    edited March 6
    I've had the mail too (I am a Black card holder), but I don't have a mobile phone.
    Wonder if it'll work on my iPad?

Edit - a swift google suggests not.
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 545
    Yeah I got it too, black card holder so got both options. Again pointless having since no stores over here yet! 
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 275
    Same here, got the email, both types of card (black MF and normal). Annoyingly they have my old email address instead of the new one attrached to my VIP account. Oh well, I'll live. :)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    I got it too. Black card is now in my Apple Wallet. I assume we were selected because we had the black card. Did anyone get this email who doesn't have the black card?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    Not surprisingly LEGO once again unclicked me from getting emails from VIP, I still can get normal emails from them. If only they would put a little money into the website it would be terrible, and not junk. Once again LEGO Customer Service is great, but they have no reason why it's still happening.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 756
    edited March 7
    I know this isn’t particularly helping stats wise but I also got the email with the 2 options AND as a Black VIP holder, just reinforcing what we know so far.

I still live unfeasibly far away from Lego Stores to make much use out of the digital card showing it to cashiers (maybe a couple of times a year), but it would be nice if we got ‘proper’ news about promotions on there - primarily promotions that are GOING to happen ahead of time rather than dumping them on us unannounced or having to decipher an American store calendar (which they seem to be phasing out?) and hoping the same promo is in the UK.

Could it be the ghost of another’s benefit for Black VIP members? Time will tell*

*It’s almost certainly nothing, based on track record.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 487
    I dunno if I've received the email as my email provider has been having "issues" for the last week.

I'm assuming that the email contains a unique link?

Also, should the title say trialing?
    sid3windr
    The email has 2 specially tailored URLs that open the card information in your browser, so you can choose to add it to your phone’s Wallet function. I’m glad I didn’t choose ‘plain ol white VIP card’ format by mistake, but maybe you can actually add both? Someone could try it.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 236
    I got the email (also a black VIP card holder) and was able to add both cards on an iPhone.
    Anyone actually tried it at a LEGO store yet? As black card holders guinea pigs, it must be our duty to test their system ;-)
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 851
    @Astrobricks - I used my (black) electronic VIP card this evening. The guy who served me (the manager) thought it probably wouldn't work yet, but it worked fine. 
    Astrobricks
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 881
    I saw someone trying to use one in Glasgow today and he seemed to be having problems with it.  Wouldnt suprise me if they were on here.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 339
    Had the email, have a Black MilF card physical, picked the black card for Google Pay. I didnt have the app, so it made me DL it, and then the Black Card was there :)
    Now need some cash to try and use  it!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,779
    Has anyone heard any rumours as to how the program is changing, aside from digital cards?

Brothers Brick had this a while ago,

"Starting in June, LEGO will be launching a new online rewards center ..."

but June has come and gone and nothing as yet?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,563
    I was speaking with LEGO Customer Service recently and asked when it would launch. All they would say is, "Sometime very soon!" 

That was three weeks ago...
    I heard the new VIP program was going to start the July 8th. but then when I stopped into my LEGO Store they said it was on hold indefinitely. Anyone have the email address that they are sending the info from? I get regular emails, but nothing from VIP. Checked my blocked list and spam folder, but nothing from LEGO/VIP there. Called customer service on it a few times, and they always say they're looking into. It's the only time CS hasn't been helpful.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 260
    Ah geez, I don't use a smartphone (and probably never won't). but still use a physical card.  Of course, it isn't that big a deal, seeing as going to  Lego store for me is a huge inconvenience (I live 3 hours away); so I will rarely use the actual card. 

Of course, it isn't that bad an idea; seeing as I am a member of most customer rewards that are offered by local stores. Having to remember if I've got the card is a pain. 
  • minisuperfigsminisuperfigs UKMember Posts: 3
    Anyone got the link to sign up to the digital card? Or is it still invite only? 
    ^ I think the initial phase was invite only but you’re missing out on literally nothing as it stands.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 402
    I have the digital card and really it's just a convenience thing, this way you dont have to remember to have your physical card with you. Unless you keep it in your wallet anyway, which is what I do.
    I already have this convenience by having my Lego card in the Stocard app on my phone.. yet I also always carry the physical card, heh.

I wonder if they (temporarily?) backed out due to technical reasons (TLG still seems short on actual clueful IT staff) or marketing reasons...
    Very funny, @Huw :)
    Aren’t they doing a trial run of the digital VIP cards, thus “trialling”?
    sid3windr
    I was at the MoA LEGO store today and asked about the new VIP program. I was told the official launch date had been pushed back to July 8, but skepticism was strongly implied.

He did tell me that the POS system had already been changed so they can’t show you your VIP points balance when you check out. I checked online shortly after leaving the store and my double points from today were already shown :)
    Not too long to wait anymore then... ;-)

Baby_Yoda
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    I got an email today to say with the new system not supporting merged accounts my current VIP points would be split equally  across all accounts I have merged previously. This includes 1 account I lost login details for, 1 when I didn't have a physical VIP and my current one which I have a vip number to match my card. It stated this change was irrreversibale and if you missed the deadline to query it there would be no second chance to remerge the points to one account. 

Got a second email at the same time to say all existing merged accounts would have points sent to the most active account. So that's a contradiction!

Both email were dated June 6th 2019 and indicated a deadline to query the changes (but no deadline was given).

I guess new problems means they are finally updating the system?
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    Just been on to customer service. The dates are wrong in emails related to the new vip system. They were held from going out on that date by delays. The changes are happening right now and the system will be live by Wednesday 10th July (thats the official date they have been given to say).

Points will be worth more under the new system. If you made an order before the 10th of July,  and the points are applied after that date you will get the newer higher rate of points. Under no circumstances will your perceived points value from your order be devalued by the change. That was a key point to the new system.

Astrobricks
    At least I got the emails this time maybe they fixed that problem. Seeing how LEGO ran the black card, promo I can't see this going well.
    sid3windr
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,124
    ^^^ Oh dear. I'd be contacting them immediately (edit: which I see you did). Perhaps suggest they need some good systems analysts?! The hold on the launch date doesn't justify the content of those two seperate emails you received other than the erroneous date. 

I cannot reconcile the awesomeness of the automation in the LEGO factory in Billund seen with my own two eyes with the shocking, lengthy and continued display of IT failings that continues to plague a company whose CS is really very good. I'd like to see IT at LEGO catch up to the awesomeness of the rest of the business. I think I'd give every VIP point I've ever earned and spent just to see that - and it last.

@drdavewatford Do the ambassadors know anything more about the planned changes to the vip scheme? Anything you can share with us?

(I'm considering if I should try to spend all my remaining points tomorrow before the launch. What I've heard so far, about instant spending of points in store going away, well it doesn't seem like an improvement to me.)
    omnium560HeliportFizyx
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 59
    Well at least this thread title finally got renamed ;-D
    Muftak1Astrobrickssid3windr
    gmonkey76 said:
    At least I got the emails this time maybe they fixed that problem. Seeing how LEGO ran the black card, promo I can't see this going well.
    I haven’t gotten any emails about the new VIP program, and I usually get everything. For example, I did get the recent ones about double VIP points and about “Christmas in July”. 

im2cre8iv said:
    Well at least this thread title finally got renamed ;-D
    🙂🙂🙂
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 217
    I never seem to get any of these VIP emails, which is strange. What is Christmas in July?
    edited July 9
    @basty
    I think only US VIPs are getting Christmas in July this time round so only they got that email? I saw it on a store calendar pic. We have had it in the last year or two. It's where they run a previous xmas promo item in July, year before last it was the snow globe I think.

We could be getting it, but we usually don't know about it until the email. It's usually late July, online only and the email indicates it's started. However, I think a return of The Year Of The Pig is planned for the UK instead. Not very Christmas in July!
    Basty
    ^ But it is the year of the pig, and it isn't currently Christmas
    edited July 9
    ^ Yes it is year of the pig but the promo is to be timed for when we have previously got Christmas in July. I think that's the dates that CS confirmed to @snowhitie after the erroneous promo emails sent out for year of the pig (part 2) last month. Another fine piece of IT promo work.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,292
    Got the same merged account email. I've only ever had a single account so I don't know what they mean. My wife started an account when she was buying a big set for me, wonder if they'll merge the accounts as its the same address?

Currently can't log in to [email protected], it just bounces to a redirect page and back.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 767
    I've had more than one email registered with them because I used my regular email address, then a different one for the PayPal promotion. When I look at my account, I have about 20 or 30 copies of my same home address, all with identical details. And no way to clean it all up.
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 59
    Basty said:
    I never seem to get any of these VIP emails, which is strange. What is Christmas in July?
    Same here. Never have gotten a VIP email
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 550
    Lego_Star said:
    @basty
    I think only US VIPs are getting Christmas in July this time round so only they got that email? I saw it on a store calendar pic. We have had it in the last year or two. It's where they run a previous xmas promo item in July, year before last it was the snow globe I think.

We could be getting it, but we usually don't know about it until the email. It's usually late July, online only and the email indicates it's started. However, I think a return of The Year Of The Pig is planned for the UK instead. Not very Christmas in July!
    I got the "Christmas in July" email and I'm in Canada. We usually share the same promos as the US though, but not always. 
  • pgeorgepgeorge Brussels | SpainMember Posts: 9
    Site on maintenance...

Almost there the new VIP area?? :D
    gmonkey76
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 851
    I'm sure the new VIP system will work perfectly with no hitches whatsoever.

On second thoughts... maybe I should have spent all my VIP points this weekend before they evaporate into the ether.
    gmonkey76
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,779
    Still on maintenance. I hope they have tested it!
  • pgeorgepgeorge Brussels | SpainMember Posts: 9
    In general, all the tests are done before.
    Either the migration is taking time or smth went wrong and they are fixing it xD