Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego trailing digital VIP cards

Yip-manYip-man United KingdomMember Posts: 11
Just received an email from Lego - I have been selected to trail digital VIP card. 

I could select black (star wars design) or Classic. 

Card ts appears in Apple or Android wallet. 

Also states be one of the first revive new offers etc

seems like a great idea. 

Comments

• palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 203
    Out of intrinte are you a black card vip?? I've had a similar email but not looked any further yet. Not sure how it all works 
    LEGOFan2
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 442
    Just done mine Black VIP, goes straight to your wallet on iPhone with correct VIP number, and email address.. easy. 
    @Huw are we getting digital “Recognized Community” stickers to go with them ? :)
    clickabricksid3windrstlux
  • Yip-manYip-man United KingdomMember Posts: 11
    Hi Yes have black vip card
  • clickabrickclickabrick SuffolkMember Posts: 16
    I just received an interesting email invite to trial a digital version of the Lego store VIP card.  You get to choose a regular VIP card or the Black MF version to use.  Dunno if this option is available to all or just those who bought the giant UCS MF ( I did BTW).  As I have a mobile with a fruity name, I can have it added to my Wallet so it can be called up quickly in store.
    It does look quite snazzy.

I think this is a good idea.  I don't carry my VIP card around and normally just look up my VIP number from my store notes to use at the till whenever I pop into a LEGO store to buy something.  So having a nice easily scannable VIP card on my phone will come very handy. 

Anyone else get this today?
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 647
    edited March 6
    On Andriod it puts a pass into the Google Pay app, like where you would go if you had tickets or such.  I'm interested in if they're going to put an exclusive offers on that are tied to being enrolled with the digital card.  I hope they don't, because they already have too many places that they run exclusive offers...

(I also got the choice between black or regular card, but that's not very illuminating because I do have a physical black card.)

EDIT:  Also, I hope I don't seem to desperate to LEGO, enrolling in a new test program less than 5 minutes after they roll it out.  I could see them abusing that knowledge horribly D:
    clickabricksid3windrBaby_Yoda
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 436
    I haven't yet... but I'm ALL for digital loyalty/rewards cards! My ancient VIP card has definitely seen better days and I hate pulling it out of my wallet every time I buy in store.
    clickabrickBaby_Yoda
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,322
    I have had my VIP card in Stocard for ages.. but I don't put stickers on my phone... so I still carry the card.

Not sure what this digital addition is supposed to do that couldn't be done before...
    obi_g
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    edited March 6
    I've had the mail too (I am a Black card holder), but I don't have a mobile phone.
    Wonder if it'll work on my iPad?

Edit - a swift google suggests not.
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 521
    Yeah I got it too, black card holder so got both options. Again pointless having since no stores over here yet! 
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 247
    Same here, got the email, both types of card (black MF and normal). Annoyingly they have my old email address instead of the new one attrached to my VIP account. Oh well, I'll live. :)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,227
    I got it too. Black card is now in my Apple Wallet. I assume we were selected because we had the black card. Did anyone get this email who doesn't have the black card?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,391
    Not surprisingly LEGO once again unclicked me from getting emails from VIP, I still can get normal emails from them. If only they would put a little money into the website it would be terrible, and not junk. Once again LEGO Customer Service is great, but they have no reason why it's still happening.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 613
    edited March 7
    I know this isn’t particularly helping stats wise but I also got the email with the 2 options AND as a Black VIP holder, just reinforcing what we know so far.

I still live unfeasibly far away from Lego Stores to make much use out of the digital card showing it to cashiers (maybe a couple of times a year), but it would be nice if we got ‘proper’ news about promotions on there - primarily promotions that are GOING to happen ahead of time rather than dumping them on us unannounced or having to decipher an American store calendar (which they seem to be phasing out?) and hoping the same promo is in the UK.

Could it be the ghost of another’s benefit for Black VIP members? Time will tell*

*It’s almost certainly nothing, based on track record.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 453
    I dunno if I've received the email as my email provider has been having "issues" for the last week.

I'm assuming that the email contains a unique link?

Also, should the title say trialing?
    sid3windr
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 613
    The email has 2 specially tailored URLs that open the card information in your browser, so you can choose to add it to your phone’s Wallet function. I’m glad I didn’t choose ‘plain ol white VIP card’ format by mistake, but maybe you can actually add both? Someone could try it.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 229
    I got the email (also a black VIP card holder) and was able to add both cards on an iPhone.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,227
    Anyone actually tried it at a LEGO store yet? As black card holders guinea pigs, it must be our duty to test their system ;-)
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 701
    @Astrobricks - I used my (black) electronic VIP card this evening. The guy who served me (the manager) thought it probably wouldn't work yet, but it worked fine. 
    Astrobricks
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 871
    I saw someone trying to use one in Glasgow today and he seemed to be having problems with it.  Wouldnt suprise me if they were on here.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 303
    Had the email, have a Black MilF card physical, picked the black card for Google Pay. I didnt have the app, so it made me DL it, and then the Black Card was there :)
    Now need some cash to try and use  it!