Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset Bi-monthly Builiding Challenge March-April 2019: Building Bridges

J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 130
Greetings all, and welcome to my first go at hosting a building challenge:

For the next two months I want you to mind the gap, and bridge the divide by building some sort of bridge. I realised there are a lot of bridges I'd like to build myself, like the bridge Gandalf crosses on his way to Bag End, or the curved railroad bridge featured in the Harry Potter films, so now I'm using this opportunity to get some inspiration for future endeavours. While bridges are less abstract than art or monsters, you can build any sort of bridge you want, from a cute little bridge in a park, to a spindly walkway, a suspension bridge, a big Brooklyn style bridge, a wild fantasy bridge or any other sort of bridge you feel like. And if you want to interpret the word differently and build a command bridge or a bust of The Dude, I suppose that's fine too. It can be any scale you like.

The rules are pretty much as usual:

Your entry has to be a new MOC  created specifically for this challenge.

No more than two images per post in this thread - but feel free to link to others hosted elsewhere.

Enter as many times as you like so long as each entry is in its own post.

Closing Date is 30 April 2019. Winner to be announced in the first few days of May.

Prize will be determined by the winner's owned and wanted lists on the main site so make sure you keep those updated.

Go get creative!
stluxWicksy80BumblepantsbenbacardiShibGothamConstructionCoTheOriginalSimonBmak0137snowhitieFowlerBricksMynattSirBenvizzitorMr_CrossmsandersSpeedman29pxchrisLittleLori

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,395
    Oh I love bridges. I actually have a massive bridge planned but won't be able to work on it until the Fall. I will have to do something else for this in the interim.
    J0rgenTheOriginalSimonB
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,211
    Splendid subject matter.  I have ideas to think on now.
    J0rgen
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,756
    Good idea!
    J0rgen
  • LEGO FanLEGO Fan USAMember Posts: 282
    i will try to enter my trash again. your creation is very nice.
    sukh
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,756
    @msanders it's a great vignette and the quality of the picture is really nothing to worry about! Lovely story as well, remember reading it a LOT with my son.
    msanders
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 130
    Very nice too, @Bumblepants :) Do you have a close up of the bridge?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,395
    J0rgen said:
    Very nice too, @Bumblepants :) Do you have a close up of the bridge?
    Kids have already destroyed it. The layer behind the med. Azure is just dark blue 1*8 arches.