Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Small builds & unusual parts uses

VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,135
Occasionally when playing around with ideas for part of a MOC, or while sorting parts, I've come across ideas, usually involving just a few pieces that are simple, but small scale build in their own right, or a potential solution for build problems I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to solve previously. I figured it might be useful for all of us on the forum to have a thread to document these ideas so that others can benefit from our discoveries. My first contribution is a very small, two piece build that could be used as a tank for a micro scale builds:

dmcc0davetheoxygenmanBOBJACK_JACKBOBdatsunrobbiegmonkey76PeteMBaby_Yodaklintoncozymak0137FowlerBricksmafonBrainsluggedWicksy80Mr_CrossmadforLEGOalexwilLittleLori

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,123
    Roller skates in a line make a reasonable microscale train. You can add 1x1 plates for coloured carriages.
    VorpalRyudavetheoxygenmanBaby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 981
    Yeah, they're used in a few official sets. 1x1 plates w/ clips can form a decent pair of limbs, horns, even a wacky beak.
    VorpalRyudavetheoxygenman
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 652
    These are all amazing! What a beautiful use for stud-shooters!
    VorpalRyu
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 249
    One ingenious part use I can't find a picture of any more was using the triggers from the stud shooters as microscale gravestones...
    VorpalRyuBaby_Yoda
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 53
    One ingenious part use I can't find a picture of any more was using the triggers from the stud shooters as microscale gravestones...

Laptops as roofs and skate as a car... this one is full of NPU
    VorpalRyuSwitchfoot55Baby_YodaMr_CrossmadforLEGOLittleLori
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 981
    I really like the way many larger pieces are sunk into the ground so that only the necessary portion protrudes. If you're making a microscale scene with lots of tiny, independent details I think SNOT bases work very well. One other thing to consider is that when you're building super-tiny models, exposed studs can be a pain, but you can use them to your advantage and create extra details with their presence such as the roller skate cars above.
    VorpalRyu
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 41
    Pretty smart use of vial.

Mr_CrossVorpalRyuCymbelineBaby_Yodadavetheoxygenmandmcc0pxchrisLittleLoriFowlerBricks