Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Hidden Side Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 54
    They made that skeleton pretty likable. And I loooove (human) skeletons.
    klinton
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 922
    mafon said:
    They made that skeleton pretty likable. And I loooove (human) skeletons.
    Douglas is far and away my favorite character! He's just a loveable idiot. I think him pulling the trampoline along behind his truck to save them from the flying possessed train, or trying to fight a ghost with an archaic flip phone were my favorite moments for him. He always manages to save the day, but he's a bit clueless.
    LittleLoripanchox1
  • rolyateelrolyateel Member Posts: 42
    edited February 10
    anyone know when the #40408 Drag Racer promo is due?
    rolyateel said:
    It's come and gone. It ended last week. :( 
  • rolyateelrolyateel Member Posts: 42
    klinton said:
    rolyateel said:
    It's come and gone. It ended last week. :( 
    in the UK?
    rolyateel said:
    in the UK?
    Yup. According to the front page, it was available in the same window in the UK. https://brickset.com/article/48554/40408-drag-racer-gwp-now-available
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,405
    Yup, I got one at Leicester Square on Thursday last.
    New episode! I think this one might be my new favorite.

SearchlightRGpanchox1
    There was a new episode today. I totally forgot to look until just now. :p

panchox1
    Things are getting interesting now! 

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    I have to say, I've been really enjoying this theme the past few months. I've got my eyes set on the Lighthouse and Train next.

One question. The back of the subway seems to align perfectly with the back of the portal. Are the models supposed to fit together? I've only got the portal, and there wasn't any indication on the box/instructions, but the design seems very deliberate.
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I have to say, I've been really enjoying this theme the past few months. I've got my eyes set on the Lighthouse and Train next.

One question. The back of the subway seems to align perfectly with the back of the portal. Are the models supposed to fit together? I've only got the portal, and there wasn't any indication on the box/instructions, but the design seems very deliberate.
    They're meant to compliment each other, but they don't actually 'connect'. That's why they both have the same shape. It was indeed a conscious design choice. The subway set is the portal entrance in Newbury, with the portal set being the other end inside the Hidden Side. One of the designers commented on it on instagram back in January, I believe.
    But, yeah, I think HS might just be my favorite Lego theme ever (well, excluding the Lego Movie themes... but they're in a unique class all of their own) Even the sets that were less than exciting to me initially impressed me when I built them up. You literally can't go wrong picking up any set in the theme. I can't freaking wait to see what comes next!
    Baby_Yoda
    No wonder they want to take over Newbury: the Hidden Side is a full dump. The new guy looks kinda cool though. It seems the whole storyline is making a dramatic shift with this episode. I wonder what this means for upcoming sets? 

panchox1Djblythe05
  • Djblythe05Djblythe05 NorthantsMember Posts: 46
    Finally got caught up with the rest of the episodes this morning. Love the look of the new guy, expecting his car will be one of the next sets
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 38
     I was organizing some sets last night, and I thought it was worth a picture. 

Lyichir