Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Powered Up: Controller vs Phone App

benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 264
Tonight I built the engine of #60197 - my first foray into powered Lego trains (it was mostly purchased so I could power the Winter Holiday Train next year, which is the only other Lego train I own). 

In playing with the new Powered Up, I noticed that the speeds on the controller that came in the box seem to be more consistent than what the app provides. For example, when I'm using speed 1, the train moves at a decent speed using the controller, but hardly moves at all (and emits a faint high pitched whine) using the app. Speed 2 fares not much better via the app, and it's only when you get to speed 3 that the train is properly moving, and matching roughly the speed that the controller gets at 1. 

Has as anybody else noticed this? The app downloaded some firmware to the hub the first time it connected, which took a minute or so, so I'm assuming everything is "up to date".