Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What new Lego Movie 2 sets should they make with SPOILERS

2»

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,500
    @CM4S wrote:
    Lucy was actually the one who wrote Everything is Awesome and that is why she knows it and hates me.
    Everything is Awesome... except @CM4S
    Everything is Cool... when you're not @CM4S
    Everything is Awesome, when you're living out not @CM4S 's dream.

It's in the liner notes.  And I read it on the internet, so I know it's true.
    CM4SBaby_Yodaeddiewgmonkey76
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,849
    I thought the ending was a great nod to Chris Pratt's character in Parks and Recreation. 
    https://goo.gl/images/EhNgcf
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • PowderfingerPowderfinger SwedenMember Posts: 51

pharmjodCM4SAanchirSumoLegoklinton
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Triple Decker Couch is on its way. Looks great.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,298
    No Bruce Willis or Bill and Ted yet....but I love the tripple decker couch mech (BtW they only revealed on set I haven't heard about yet, the Spa and castle came up on a list somewhere).
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 55
    monkyby87 said:
    I'd like them all in their Systar system outfits or whatever they'd be called.
    Benny outfit!

pxchrisLEGOFan2
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 584
    omnium said:
    Maybe there are two endings to the movie
    Well... there are, of a sort, and I found it interesting noticing the reactions of kids when they thought the film was over faster than they expected and ending on that note*

* that's more of a Marvel thing
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,573
    Apocalypse Gandalf played a bigger part than I would have thought, would have been good to get him in apocalypseburg.
    dannyrwwSumoLego
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 341
    There were five sets announced at the Nuremberg fair, in addition to the Rexcelsior, no? So there are still two more sets that should be revealed this coming weekend. Perhaps Bill & Ted and Bruce are still on the way? 
    dannyrwwAanchir
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,298
    SMC said:
    Apocalypse Gandalf played a bigger part than I would have thought, would have been good to get him in apocalypseburg.
    His hat would be the biggest change...it has goggles on it. Not sure what else is different. On that note, apocalypse Velma would be nice.
    SumoLegomsanders
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 390
    Saw the movie this evening with my son - we both loved it!

But to the more important question...

First - I'm super happy (as already mentioned before I saw the movie) about the Triple Decker Couch / Mech! I am however sad that Emmet's Dream House doesn't have a double decker swing.

Bill & Ted with the phone booth is a must! I really hope they bring that to life!

Bruce Willis. 'Nuf said.

We must, must, must get Benny in his sparkle outfit!!! And his ship from towards the end. I would actually love to versions of Benny, one with the star glasses and one without.

I know it's an almost definite "not happening", but some Fabuland stuff would be great.

I think that the fox girl is extremely likely to appear.

Those are my immediate thoughts anyways.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,052

The Justice League ship seemed interesting. 
     Check out #76028 — the ship is called the Javelin, as per usual though the LEGO Movie version was much bigger. 

klintonSumoLego
    edited February 21
    At this point, with the announced wave 2 sets covering my biggest wants already, I really want to see a wrap up set with the JL covered in sparkles (perhaps the gloss used for General Mayhem's hair?) and "hypnotized" Benny and Metalbeard. Toss in a little house facade for the build (and maybe a Sparkle Baby or two!), and it's a done deal. 

Some more random parts in the Plantimal colours could be fun too. They're pretty underrepresented in the line, with only four unique builds offered. 
    LittleLori
  • TheBrickTankTheBrickTank NetherlandsMember Posts: 49
    I thought it was a bit disappointing that most of the actual sets had such small or short parts in the movie. I had hoped to see more of them somehow. 
    LEGOFan2
    I thought it was a bit disappointing that most of the actual sets had such small or short parts in the movie. I had hoped to see more of them somehow. 
    It was pretty much the same with the first film, no? All of the citizen vehicles were just random two second cameos during the final battle sequence. There are plenty of 'mainstay' sets in the TLM2 theme that get loads of screen time: Emmett's house, the Rexcelsior, Mahem's ship, the Party Bus, Apocalypseburg, the Queen's castle. 
    gmonkey76TheBrickTank
  • TheBrickTankTheBrickTank NetherlandsMember Posts: 49
    klinton said:
    It was pretty much the same with the first film, no? All of the citizen vehicles were just random two second cameos during the final battle sequence. There are plenty of 'mainstay' sets in the TLM2 theme that get loads of screen time: Emmett's house, the Rexcelsior, Mahem's ship, the Party Bus, Apocalypseburg, the Queen's castle. 

I guess that's true. Still, the sets I liked, and was curious about their role in the movie ended up being not so important.