Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Homer Simpson’s Left Leg.

BeeJay6t8BeeJay6t8 York, UKMember Posts: 1
I have a minifigure of Homer Simpson.
Totally by accident I shone a UV light at him. For some weird reason his left leg lit up, nothing else just his left leg. None of my others do it’s just Homer???
Contacted LEGO & they have no idea.
FowlerBricksSumoLegoPyrobugAyliffeFizyxMynattBaby_YodamsandersAleydita77ncaachampscatwrangler

Comments

• OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 607
    Why is the glowing shape changing from one picture to the other?
    davetheoxygenmanSumoLegoSprinkleOtter
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,885
    (Shadow)
    SprinkleOtter
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,944
    The secret is revealed. Homer is a nuclear powered cyborg.
    SprinkleOtter
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    Whatever the case, that centre console just screams Bohemian Rhapsody!
    Mama Mia, mama mia, mama mia, let me go! Aaaand there you go... Damn-it. Too late! Now I have shards from the lyrics of that song stuck in my head. Oye! Better listen to some other music, otherwise I won't be able to get rid of random Queen bits echoing in my mind for the rest of the night.
    catwranglerBeeJay6t8
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 207
    The last picture looks like a speech bubble coming from his shoe.

Did he get that donut from Otto with a "secret ingredient" so his shoes talk to him?
    SumoLego
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 43
    Checked mine tonight and it glows too. Weird
    SumoLegoBeeJay6t8
    vizzitor said:
    Did he get that donut from Otto with a "secret ingredient" so his shoes talk to him?
    We all know the real secret ingredient

Krusty's Non Narkotik Kough Syrup

vizzitorcatwrangler
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 287
    I thought it was salt?

SumoLegosnowhitieSprinkleOtterBeeJay6t8
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,024
    edited January 15
    Is this happening on other (left) legs of the same colour?
    edited January 15
    No, i scanned all available MFs i had out. Homer in suit it doesn't happen to, seems to be just 'nuclear' Homer lol

*edit* sorry, you said left legs of same colour. I dont think i have any out, but I will look. I think some Ninjago MFs collection maybe be same/similair, I'll look
    This feels like those stupid Twix commercials.  Obviously, someone was goofing around at the left leg factory!
    AstrobricksBumblepantsSprinkleOttergmonkey76sid3windrmadforLEGO
    I wonder if anybody around here likes INXS. :)
    colay
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,356
    Any chance this was purposeful by TLG as some form of Easter Egg?
    sid3windrRogerKirksnowhitie
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 211
    What I want to know is why do you have UV lights and why would you be scanning mf’s anyway?
    SprinkleOttersid3windrsnowhitie
    Gibbo1959 said:
    What I want to know is why do you have UV lights and why would you be scanning mf’s anyway?
    Looking for blood stains or urine.

SumoLegodmcc0Baby_YodaSprinkleOtter77ncaachampsOldfan
    CCC said:
    Gibbo1959 said:
    Looking for blood stains or urine.

Do minifigures wet themselves?
    SprinkleOttersid3windr
    colay said:
    No, i scanned all available MFs i had out. Homer in suit it doesn't happen to, seems to be just 'nuclear' Homer lol

*edit* sorry, you said left legs of same colour. I dont think i have any out, but I will look. I think some Ninjago MFs collection maybe be same/similair, I'll look
    Babysitter, shark and hotdog man are all CMFs with the same colour legs. Although from the same year, Captain Cold would be good to compare against.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,322
    Here are several possible answers to the glowing question. But the real glowing question(pun intended) is what got into the plastic or what's not in the rest of the plastic to make the difference between the two. https://www.thoughtco.com/what-glows-under-a-black-light-607615
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 695
    oldtodd33 said:
    Here are several possible answers to the glowing question. But the real glowing question(pun intended) is what got into the plastic or what's not in the rest of the plastic to make the difference between the two. https://www.thoughtco.com/what-glows-under-a-black-light-607615
    I checked out your link.  I love how the guy is holding a cup of urine and its spilled all over his hand!
    oldtodd33
    Gibbo1959 said:
    Well, I didn't know I had a black light. Funny story. I bought two Headlamps from Wowcher, one for me, Blue (for Spurs) and one for Erica, Purple (Prince ad her favourite colour). I assumed the colours were the colour of the headsets, but, it's the colour the bulbs go after their bright/lower brightness. Ericas purple basically acts as a blacklight, which we didn't know until we were indoors putting them on before we went out, turned out the house lights, then a load of items in the house started glowing weird! Hence, we then found our black light by accident
    Itchy and/or Scatchy (the mouse) is same colour as Homers legs from Simpsons MF series. That doesn't glow
    Itchy's legs are short legs, so a completely different part.

Yes, and also one piece. It was more whether the whole part/colour glowed the same for me, just in case. His body is also same colour too, obvs. Nothing glowed. I'm saying hidden Easter Egg from Nuclear Homer :)
    slighty OT @BeeJay6t8 but, is that Freddie next to Homer? If so, where is he from and how do I get one? Ta
    SumoLego
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,876
    @colay
    I believe it's this one....

stluxSumoLegocatwrangler
    Whatever the case, that centre console just screams Bohemian Rhapsody!
    Huh, after two days of being totally confused - I just got it.  No clue that was a custom Freddie Mercury.

... will you do the Fandango?...
    edited January 16

... will you do the Fandango?...
    Only if you Gallilao, Gallilao and confirm that Beelzebub really does have a devil for a sideboard. Deal?

@bandit778 Thank you. At least I haven't missed a Lego Queen set or anything daft :)
    SumoLego
    You mean Galileo, perhaps?
    andhe
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,876
    @colay, no worries. I recognised it as I'd recently been partaking of their rather good products. :)

snowhitie
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 827
    edited January 16
    Took my UV light into the Lego room to look for weirdness like this. No oddities, but trans orange and yellow stuff glows like anything - makes Ninjago City and the Death Star look cool!
    oldtodd33Baby_Yodasnowhitiewelo999
    Yeah, I did the same, and the green and orange are great, as well as some of the colours on CMF 17, going psychadelic, as well as almost going 3-D like and fuzzy, it's weird. However, I also have a half radioactive TIE Fighter gunPoor pic quality doesnt do the glowing left one justice
    snowhitieFowlerBricks
    Oh hell.. Another new Lego craze that will end in a meme.
    SprinkleOtter560Heliport
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,166
    you remind me I should get an UV light some day. I think some elves sets may look pretty cool, if all the crystals glow.
    andhe
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,729
    edited January 17
    I think this is a great discovery and also (want to) believe Lego might have put it in as an Easter egg.
    kbw
    Easter (L)egg!

If it is, I wonder why they didn't do the whole figure that way, or even the whole legs. Or if these ones also made it into other sets - after all, if this is just for Homer, then these medium blue legs are different to other medium blue legs.

It would be a very nice way to make a force ghost for the final scene in ROTJ. Over the years I've been trying to dye with a number of different blue fluorescent dyes (like you can dye LEGO with RIT dye) but with no success. If LEGO can put the dye in during processing, then that could lead to some very nice figures.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,674
    There are definitely several LEGO colors that I've noticed sometimes glow under UV light and sometimes don't. I suspect when LEGO is purchasing dyes from their various suppliers and checking to ensure they're within the acceptable range for the LEGO colors in question, fluorescence isn't something they really take into account.
    This is definitely the only time I've seen a figure with only one leg that glows, though. I guess the machines producing the legs were set up using dyes from different suppliers.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,942
    Aanchir said:
     I guess the machines producing the legs were set up using dyes from different suppliers.
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that just because the legs arrive as one piece doesn't mean they are moulded at the same time...there are 3 separate pieces here that could have been moulded weeks apart depending on production run requirements etc, so something like a contamination in the plastic or a slightly different dye aren't going to be consistent across all 3 parts of the leg. 

^ Yes, that is why I wondered if anyone had seen it in other medium blue legs (or of course in other parts). If a batch of left legs in that colour were made with the extra fluorescent dye, they might show up in other minifigures.

It is possible that it has been purposely used as a tracer to detect if the dye has been leaking during part of the mixing or molding process. If machinery is stained or blackened or just small amounts of a dye are on the surface, it is hard to tell by eye. Whereas a fluorescent tracer makes it much more obvious.
    catwrangler
    ^ and ^^ ssssshhhhh, both of you, Don't start ruining the Easter (L)egg illusions
    SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 836
    Fauch said:
    you remind me I should get an UV light some day. I think some elves sets may look pretty cool, if all the crystals glow.
    Unfortunatly I think the elves stuff is trans colours, it needs to be neon colours to glow orange neon flames work well. I have a strip of 9v uv leds I used in a moc but unfortunatly the harsh hall lighting I was displaying in meant it didn't work too well.

As for the op, stick it on ebay as *****ULTRA RRARE!!!!!!!**********
    560Heliport