Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For which themes do you have a complete collection of sets?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,891
    The analysis page is just about done and now 'live'. I suspect there are further enhancements I can make so LMK if you have any ideas.
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    that's great @Huw, i'll take a look - thanks for your work on this, IMO it's a great new feature of Brickset :o)
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    If LEGO was smart, they'd incorporate this tool into its own site. Think of all the unintended added-on sales for one or two 'missing' sets to 'complete' a theme. This is a marketing sales-tool bonaza.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Great feature ... even though I dont feel the need to complete them all, its still interesting analysis.

200 City sets and I still only have 31% of them - wow!
  • GalidorneveragainGalidorneveragain Member Posts: 89
    @Huw Sorry everyone for bringing this topic back again but can I make a suggestion?
    I like the piece counts, but do you think you could make something which has all the total piece counts for each year and for each theme so people can compare how many pieces they own for each year and theme, it would be really useful as I like to see in which years I have the most pieces in and for which theme I own the most pieces.
    ^ Maybe, once we have parts counts for every set that could be useful I guess.

I'm going to make it a priority to get counts for all sets this year. They are, after all, all in the Collector book so it'll juse need a few long sessions to enter them.
  • GalidorneveragainGalidorneveragain Member Posts: 89
    ^Thanks Huw, I appreciate everything you do for the site :)
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    edited January 2012
    @huw if it's just data enrty then happy to help out if ever needed!
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    @Huw, great job with what you are doing with the site. I finally made a list of sets I own and the sets I want and the whole process was so smooth. Loved it. But I cannot seem to share my list with others....weird. What am I doing wrong?
    edited January 2012
    There's a setting in your profile that you need to change before others can see your lists, click on 'your profile' at the top of the main site.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 531
    Thanks Huw. This is a very interesting addition. I knew I had a 100% of PoP, Indy and Pharaoh's Quest. I completely forgot about Vikings, I should have known I had all of those too. As far as I am concerned I have all the Pirate line. What I'm missing are the duplicate sets (same set but different numbers for the polybag and boxed versions) and the rereleased sets.

I would have thought I had a higher percentage of Castle and SW. Both are in the high 60s. I would have guessed just a bit higher. I know I'm missing a bunch of KK2 junk and I'm not that into the CW stuff. And again no duplicate sets or rereleases for Castle.
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    The only complete set I won is the new Lego DC Superheroes sets.
    I finally found the Catwoman chase the other night at Target!
    Very proud of myself, its the first LEGO series I actively tried to grab all the sets for.
    I do own quite a bit of the LEGO PIRATES line as well. I think I am missing a few of the more Eastern themed pirate sets.
    @Huw, I did click on the 'your profile' link, it just showed an empty page. Suggestion?
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,635
    Ha - 100% on Discovery !

I'm getting the feeling that trying to get up to 100% on Star Wars will prove futile; even when collections and unreleased sets are taken out of the equation there's the various Comic Con minifig sets and other obscure bits and pieces, some of which you'd struggle to find for sale even if you were inclined to pay the ridiculous sums it'd take to buy them. So on this occasion I think I'll be content with ninety-something percent....
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    ^ Failure.
    @Cool, you haven't changed the setting yet: http://www.brickset.com/profile/?Coolsplash

Collection: Coolsplash has not made his/her collection public.
    Wanted list: Coolsplash has not made his/her collection public.
    @Huw, got it working now I think :P Thank you.
  • phantom78phantom78 Member Posts: 23
    Dino Attack is the only theme i have 100%
    helps when there is only 5 sets in the theme :)
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    edited March 2012
    Any completionists out there?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.. I'm new to the site and also on my phone, which gives me a condensed version of the place.

I've decided to try and collect every HP minifigure they've made.. Trying to get the most expensive ones out of the way(Umbridge, Mad eye, Trelawney, etc..) Finally got Umbridge tonight.. Probably payed a few extra bucks than I should, but ive lost out on like 4-5 lately. Didn't realize sneaky Ebayers like to bid in the last few seconds.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    I am at heart, but I just don't have to means to do it with LEGO. I forced myself to kill the completionist attitude and focus on just getting sets that I REALLY love. This has resulted in me having a few sets from across all sorts of themes. Except Cars (lol).
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    edited March 2012
    ^^I just cleared out a number of the older more expensive HP minifigs I had, might still have a couple or some mid-range priced ones. I know I have quite a few of the less expensive figures left. If you are interested, I can put a list together for you, and give you a good price on the bulk of them.
    (I know you said you wanted the more expensive ones first, just thought I'd offer)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I've been listing some in my Bricklink store:
    http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=sidersdd

I have a few more to go - unless @Matthew gets them first. :)
    Wow.. Much cheaper than EBay. Had no idea there were stores like this. I need quite a few! Will be placing an order in the morning. And Matt, interested in yours as well.
  • TwoRiderTwoRider Member Posts: 27
    I echo the request for merging set numbers for sets that are the same but released under different numbers. I have Fort Legoredo, Rapid River Village, and Sheriff's Lockup in Western, but only under one set number, not the other, which is painful for me when viewing the sets I need. If the set numbers for those 3 were merged instead of being separate, the number of sets I need would drop from 16 to 13. The first X Wing Fighter and the TIE/Y Wing could benefit from merging the set numbers as well.
  • brickstoriesbrickstories Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2012

So I received a gift from Lego containing a host of 2011 Ninjago spinners, I began thinking it might be quite cool to try and complete the collection. The spinners I'm now short are:

2111 Kai
    2112 Cole
    2113 Zane
    2116 Krazi
    2173 Nuckal

The prices of some of these sets seem astronomical, specifically 2111 and 2113.

Anyway my question is should I keep hunting out local independant stockists in the hope of finding these sets on the peg, I know that this would be a more fulfilling quest or should I just buy all the sets from Bricklink? I guess what I have to decide is "Is this a collecting hobby or a shopping hobby"

What do you guys think
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    Personally I'd start hunting them down at or under RRP, and only buy from a reseller as a last resort. What were LEGO giving you a gift for anyway?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,654
    It seems crazy that these are only a year old but already out of stock / price hiked by resellers. Although weren't those the ones on sale just before Xmas on lego.com.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I have been told by my local Lego store that the spinners are now moving to 3 month release cycles, they are going to be out for only a short time, then replaced.

I trust my source, but you never know... :)
    @erik Are you in the UK or the US?
    @CCC UK (scotland)
    I'm in the UK too. I have a spare sealed / brand new 2112 and 2116 Cole and Krazi if you are interested. Your name suggests you are into minifigs. Do you have any early series CMF to swap? I won't be able to send them until next week though, as I'm away from home at the moment.
    @CCC Thanks for the offer but im still holding out that i'll find them in shops, i'll keep you in mind though
    If you are close to Glasgow, you could try Forbidden Planet on Buchanan Street. Their stock is usually quite old! I'm fairly sure they had some of the older spinners in last time I was there (a couple of weeks back). They are usually at RRP in there, or slightly higher.
    Are there any here that have completed an entire set and/or minifigs from any of the larger series?
    Yes.
    PaperballparkSchwallex
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,403
    Ah, those helpful and friendly replies that we've come to know and love from the Brickset community.
    bricksanXefanFurrysaurus
    That answer is all the question asked for. Now if the question had been why, or which themes, or something similar then the answer might have been different.

And the way the question is posed, I reckon most people have completed an entire set from many different series, even if they do not have the whole series.
    Yellowcastle
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,403
    Fair point, well made.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 570
    I have all the CMFs and Friends minidolls (not including the newer sets, for now).
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Geez @SilentMode the new wave has been out for, like, two days. What gives?
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited July 2013
    Close as I have got is the Monsterfighter series, I still need The Mummy #9462 and two of the poly's if were counting them.

Funny thing is that apart from the Haunted House #10228 and to a lesser degree the Castle #9468 , I do not really care for the series and haven't opened any of them. It all started off because off a 50% off ghost train not long after release.

I suppose this series isn't one of the larger ones though.
  • TrenthTrenth Member Posts: 162
    Almost......and then came Azog
    Diggydoes
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    All the superheroes minifigures :)
    CapnRex101GothamConstructionCoBrickDancer
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 570

Geez @SilentMode the new wave has been out for, like, two days. What gives?

I'm waiting for Saturday!
    caperberryCapnRex101
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,686
    The closest I got is:

-Iron Man 3, All three sets but I still need Iron Patriot!!

-Man of Steel, All three sets and Jor-El but not "Black Suit Superman" if that counts.

-Star Wars, Planets Series 2.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,318
    I am three Minifigures off a complete Star Wars collection (Cloud City Lando, Cloud City Leia and Biggs Darklighter) and five off a complete Super Heroes collection (SDCC Spiderman, SDCC Green Arrow, SDCC Dark Superman and NYTF Captain America and Iron Man).

Collectable Minifigures are complete (including Mr Gold) and quite a few of the smaller themes such as Monster Fighters, Kingdoms, Lone Ranger etc. are also complete.
    BrickDancerLegoboy
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    Does Creator count? Do games? I don't have 100% on those because of the Booster Pack and the Storage Mat, is that still okay?

And if Creator does count, should Atlantis completionists be allowed to answer at all? That's just 23 sets, gee. Keep the change.

In short, the question is very unclear. And I might add, quite pointless to boot. (Not only because on a site like Brickset it's rhetorical, but because you can't use that information for anything. It's like asking if there are any blond people here.) So really, @CCC's first answer is all there is to say, and I wouldn't be typing up any of this had he not been unduly criticized for it.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    I'm not in any way a completionist, but Brickset says my Ninjago minifigure collection is 100% complete. That's 82 minifigs.

I'm also 5 minifigures away from a complete 2013 LOC minifig collection. I'll be getting four of them this weekend, the other one when it comes out in September.

But wait... what about Lego animal completionists? I own every single dinosaur from the 'Dino' range, and one dragon away from a complete Castle dragon collection. I'm getting the last one at the weekend too. Also aiming for every single new horse variant, even if the only difference is rein colour.

The problem is... I don't have enough money to be a completionist otherwise!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,040
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,040
    Please note that I have merged this new thread with our existing discussion on theme completions.