Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For which themes do you have a complete collection of sets?

Comments

• kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    hmmm, slightly frustrated now... thought I would see what theme I could complete next, it's was then I realised after my 100% on TS - the next closest is only on 33% which is POTC!!
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I have Indiana Jones completed (well until the next movie comes out), and Winter Theme and Modulars so far. Not sure if Modular is a series of sets on its on or part of Creator tho?
  • trypticontrypticon Member Posts: 61
    Oh, thanks for the reminder, doriansdad, I have all of the winter theme sets, too. Add Minifigures series 6 to the complete list, as well.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Complete means complete and since I'm missing the Han Solo Transformation, a few of the Kabaya's Adventurers variations and the Pharaoh's Quest bank I don't consider any of my collections to be complete. I suppose by lower standards they are but not to me. Of course, I don't really care since I'm not buying number variations of obscure sets or some bank.
  • LambringoLambringo Member Posts: 104
    World racers only. Something about that theme got me. I do not count polly bags or merch since most if it is not available in my country and I'm not going to pay crazy prices for a $2 set.
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    If you have the Cuusoo Shinkai, that would be a complete series since it's the only set for its series :D I'd like to see the Hayabusa come out in early march.
  • veritas313veritas313 Member Posts: 80
    I'm complete on the modular buildings series, CMF 1 & 2, world racers (unbuilt but purchased due to 40%off last year). I do have a few complete sub themes for city - which few people are mentioning -not sure why? Recent farm, coastguard, police and fire themes are all complete.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    edited January 2012
    Great, just what I need....more embarrassing metrics.

Greetings Yellowcastle. You currently own 7% of Star Wars and 91% of Jack Stone.
    ROFLMAO. I snorted up coffee when I read this.

The only complete sets I have (other than the Series Minifigures) is Avatar: The Last Airbender and Winter Village.
  • veritas313veritas313 Member Posts: 80
    edited January 2012
    I also forgot the winter village series - got those three too
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,892
    I've enhanced the page a bit more:

http://www.brickset.com/mySets/analysis/

Next step is to provide some options to alter what's included, including going down to subtheme level.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Great stuff Huw, this is actually very useful indeed. Will we be able to exclude product collections when it's finished?
    Hopefully, yes!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,057
    edited January 2012
    Great stuff Huw, this is actually very useful indeed. Will we be able to exclude product collections when it's finished?
    And tat! :o). For comparisons sake, shouldn't we all be on the same delimiters?
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,319
    Star Wars is complete for me including all the polybags etc. (which have been released so far in the UK or as part of Brickmaster, for instance I don't have the new Anakin's Podracer one, if anyone has it in the US and are willing to trade or sell contact me and we can sort out a deal). I don't have a solid gold C-3PO, but I do have the chrome one and I don't have some of the Comic-Con sets either.
  • iadamsiadams UKMember Posts: 34
    @huw The menu path on that page is 'Home > My seys >' you might want to tidy the typo.
    For comparisons sake, shouldn't we all be on the same delimiters?
    Depends, the main benefit for me is to see what I have left to get in a theme, not to compare with others, but yes if comparing is your aim, I can see your point. Some tat is already being excluded I think in the beta I think since I'm complete on PQ and I most definitely do not own the coin bank.

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,640
    edited January 2012
    I think we all have our own ideas about what constitutes a necessary item to complete the set. I for instance would NOT deem ownership of collections of sets which are already included in the list necessary for completeness, nor would I include rare special editions such as the Comic Con Cube Dudes and the obscuria gleefully suggested by @prof1515... Each to his/her own however.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Nope. Some sets just don't interest me. I like the Kingdoms theme but don't really care for the more civilian sets in it.
    I recategorised the coin bank as 'gear' which is where it should be so that and other tat shouldn't appear in the theme listings.

I'm going to see what I can do with regards product collections: it'll be easy to exclude them from the analysis table but not so easy when you click through to see what you're missing, which can already show more sets than are counted because unreleased sets will be included.
    ^ Yep - the unreleased sets do tend to poison the stats somewhat !
    OK, so the totals shown on the analysis page do not include sets that comprise other sets or unreleased sets.

I think, rather than attempting to exclude them from search results when you click through on the numbers, I'll colour code them in the listing somehow, like Gear, which has a light grey background.
    edited January 2012
    ^ Great idea.

And Indiana Jones is now at 100% thanks to set collections being removed !
    Brilliant, I didn't buy a single set but I've now completed two extra themes ;-)

Next up, any way of excluding CMF random bags, not necessary to own these to have a complete collection?
    Here's a potentially controversial question: Should battle packs be included in 'Gear' given they are effectively tat, being cheap Chinese crap?

I'm PotC complete except for the battle pack :-)
  • StevenAshbyStevenAshby Member Posts: 155
    Is there anyway that the % show can be adjusted by the individual rather than just set at 25%. I know to a lot of people the higher percentage is the key one but for smaller themes i am in the process of collecting ie POTC or Modular the information would be useful :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,057
    Here's a potentially controversial question: Should battle packs be included in 'Gear' given they are effectively tat, being cheap Chinese crap?
    I'm PotC complete except for the battle pack :-)
    As long as you also remove the Black Pearl, all CMF and Superman vs. Lex Luthor, then sure. ;o) I'm kidding of course. I don't think you can segregate legitimate sets just because they're produced in China. That, my friend, is a very slippery slope.

Here's another question. If someone actually has a product collection (or superpack), is there any way to show you indeed have the included sets since we are purposefully excluding the collections? Perhaps the product collections can simply serve as a master checkmark for all enclosed sets as opposed to an actual thing to own? I would make the same argument for the CMF master collections. Heck, I'd get rid of the CMF master collections anyway.

CCC
    Steven, it will eventually be possible to set the low threshold.

^ I kind of assume that owners of collections would mark the individual sets as owned, although if you mark both it'll screw up parts totals etc.
    @Huw - Can you exclude the "random bag" for each of the CMF series? It's showing as 102 available when in reality should be 96. :o)
    ^ I've done what's needed for series 1 and the random set should be removed from the totals overnight, although it's introduced a CSS error on the detail page so I'll resolve that and do the others tomorrow.
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    I have a complete collection of the old Western theme, besides a polybag (I own the exact same set but with another set number), and the re-releases. Is there a way of excluding re-releases?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    edited January 2012
    I'm complete on the modular buildings series..
    Really? I thought I would be too, but then realised the Town Hall has buggered my 'official' stats up! :o/
  • AquapolisAquapolis Member Posts: 32
    Does this work for everyone? There is only one theme listed for mine...
    http://www.brickset.com/mySets/analysis/
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    @Aquapolis

1) that link you provided will not show us your sets - it will only show us our own. I don't know if there's a way to share your own analysis with others.

2) It currently doesn't show themes that you own less than 25% of, so that's probably why you only see one theme.
    I have all but 1 set for Spyrius yet it didn't show up.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    It only goes by main themes, Spyrius doesn't show since it was a subtheme of Space. This is why Alien Conquest doesn't show up for me. I would like for this to include percentages for subthemes such as these too. Especially for AC since I think of it as more of a stand alone theme than a subtheme of space, though I kinda understand why it is classified as such.
    ahha. okay now everything makes sense thanks
    Remember the page is in beta: these issues will be addressed in due course :-)
    Possible future feature: you can have a tick box similar to the have/want that can be used to exclude certain specific sets or items. This would allow individuals to customise what they consider complete. Since it is private you would only be cheating yourself if you started excluding 'legitimate' sets
    Possible future feature: you can have a tick box similar to the have/want that can be used to exclude certain specific sets or items. This would allow individuals to customise what they consider complete. Since it is private you would only be cheating yourself if you started excluding 'legitimate' sets
    Amazing! I'll have EVERY theme complete. Just have to be selective as to what I'll determine constitutes "complete". I think I'm going to exclude the year 1985 completely just for sh**s and giggles. It'll still be complete because I don't consider any sets from 1985 to constitute legitimate parts of any theme.

It seems rather absurd to define things as complete when the word itself is self-explanatory. It removes a common frame of reference that the word "complete" suggests in order to cater to peoples' desires and vanity.

Person #1: "I have the complete collection of all 86 sets!"
    Person #2: "So do I. I got the 92nd set just today in the mail."
    Person #3: "You guys are lucky. I'm still waiting on the 98th set to complete that theme."

Ultimately it doesn't really matter as it's just a feature on the site and regardless of its form I probably won't use it. It does strike me as absurdly funny though.
    @prof1515 oh absurdly funny it is. I think it is absurd how you ride a round on your high horse insulting peoples personal views if they are not similar to yours.

Complete can mean different things. If someone does not or cannot purchase polybags, why should they not be able to maintain their own private records that excludes them. They may want to know the completeness of their traditional boxed sets.

By the sentence "Since it is private you would only be cheating yourself if you started excluding 'legitimate' sets" I was stating that if someone had 8 out of 10 sets and one of the missing sets was a poly but they excluded both the poly and the other set (which the individual deems as part of THEIR usual completeness calcs) just so they could see a 100%, then who else are they affecting?

If people like you want to get irate about how others classify their completeness, then maybe you should ask, no, demand that everyone discloses their personal completeness guidelines so that you can pick out the liars, cheats and scoundrels.
    I'm not irate though judging from your language you certainly appear to be. I'm just pointing out how vain the notion of seeing 100% is. If all you want is 80% of the sets, 80% constitutes complete. Having to see an actual 100% is mere vanity and putting in a feature to cater to vanity seems a rather absurd waste of time. Public or private, does it really matter?
  • upsbud83upsbud83 Member Posts: 1
    The only complete set I owned was the Ice Planet 2002 theme. Had one of the best spaceships to date...the Deep Freeze Defender. Classic.
    edited January 2012
    Yes private or public does matter as it in no way impacts you if it is private. Why do you even care if such a feature exists since you said you will probably not even use it? It is because you are what can only be considered an arrogant intellectual bully. Have a read of your other posts, and you will see that you would rather pick on someone's spelling, or their understanding of a words definition rather than add any value. I will not be reading any more of your post so feel free to spout your words of wisdom. Feel free to mod this if needed
    It's still a waste of time to satisfy the vanity of some. There are much better uses of the staff's time and that does impact me. Any time they spend on a worthless feature is time that could be spent on something more useful. Considering the original poster's question was asking who has complete collections of sets, the feature suggestion wouldn't really be aiding in answering such questions.

As for the statement that the definition of a word has no value, that's as incorrect as possible. Proper use of vocabulary is of utmost important in conveying a thought or idea and the misuse of a word can completely change the context of the thought. For example, your use of the word "intellectual" doesn't actually convey your attempt at an insult because that would have to come from a perspective that stupidity and ignorance are positives. Short of those who are stupid themselves or stubbornly clinging to the indefensible beliefs and superstituions of the ignorant, most people do not accept "Intellectual" as a negative trait (no one says to their kids, "I hope my little boy is the most ignorant moron in his class.") Any time I hear someone throw a tantrum and use that term in an attempted negative context, it puts a smile on my face to know that the unintelligent, ignorant, insecure, angry anti-intellectuals don't rank me within their number. That's an affirmation that I welcome.
  • BoomchilBoomchil Member Posts: 6
    If I exclude Battlepacks and legend re-releases, I've got 100% of Pirates Sets (I love them so much, all complete with original instructions), 100% of PotC and 100% of Pharaoh's Quest.

Thank you Huw for this useful tool :)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @prof1515 please stop using this forum to insult people, you are over stepping several lines by writing what you have. Whether you find the suggestions for changes useful or not is your prerogative, but it's also everyone else's to make those suggestions and see value in them.
    It's also up to @Huw and those that help him what to implement and we are all grateful for what work is put in, whether it suits our personal tastes or not.

PS If find your inability to see other people's point of view as deeply ignorant and unintelligent. I have a PhD in genetics - I'd say us intellectuals would really not include you in our number either.
    edit. You are an arrogant bully who attempts to belittle people with 'intellectual' rhetoric. Is that better? Your above post is example number one and the others who have pm'd me seem to think the same. I don't think parents say "I hope my boy thinks he is better than everyone else and had no interpersonal skills when dealing with people who he determines are different from him" either.

I did not intend to hijack this thread and resent reading the response, but it is people like this who destroy the fun and light-heartedness that is collecting LEGO.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    edited January 2012
    @prof1515 - vanity? You're stretching a bit. For my collection, I'd like to know that what I want is complete for a theme. Pharaoh's Quest for instance. I don't care about the bank but the rest of what I want from the theme is complete. How is that vanity? It's called record keeping.

I can see excluding polybags (or $100 sets or whatever). For instance, I might exclude the Alien Conquest polybags because you can't really get them in the U.S. Or the $100 are just too expensive. Why does it matter what we call complete? Are you in a competition to be the "completist"? If not, then who cares.

As for extra work in the database. Why not just create a field (yes/no) that is for whether or not it should be included in the calculation? Then we can define it anyway we want.
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    I could care less of other's opinions. This is a very useful tool for my son and I. It quickly let us figure out sets we were missing. We have now "completed" three additional themes thanks to this. I appreciate the effort of all those involved.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Hi all,
    This is just a reminder to please keep the conversation respectful. Thanks