Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Back To The Future, two versions of the same set?

SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 133
Hi, I picked up these two MISB BTTF sets recently, and noticed  differences on the boxes. Does anyone know if the lower set (in all the photos) is legit? It seems to be lacking the usual 'piece count' info on the front. I've had the top set before (the one with French writing on the side) and that one has been fine.

I've also noticed that the top/French version says 'item: 6048874' on the base, and the lower version says 'item6048873.'

Would love to get to the bottom of this without having to open either box.

Cheers.

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,455
    The bottom one will be the UK version, as they very rarely have piece counts on.
    Mr_CrossThe_Stud
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 267
    edited January 6
    Sets released in north America always have the piece count on the box.
    Sets released in Europe do not (although here there are exceptions).

^Paperballpark beat me to it!
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 133
    Thanks both - I can rest safe in the knowledge that I didn't just buy a knock-off!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,838
    I'm sure there'll be a third version in a few years when there's an unnecessary "girl-power!" reboot film staring Martine mcFly and Dr Emily Brown - TLG will have the licensing rights to the film and no-one will want to see it.
    oldtodd33Renegade007cjhmh3490M_Boss
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    Note also earlier versions will have a part with a spelling mistake SHEILD instead of SHIELD.
    sid3windr
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 353
    I'm sure there'll be a third version in a few years when there's an unnecessary "girl-power!" reboot film staring Martine mcFly and Dr Emily Brown - TLG will have the licensing rights to the film and no-one will want to see it.
    Not while Zemeckis is alive.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 347
    CCC said:
    Note also earlier versions will have a part with a spelling mistake SHEILD instead of SHIELD.
    And I dont know which I have, as it's unopened. However, buying lose bricks the other day, a piece through the clear container looked at me and I thought, that looks like a fluxcapacitor. Tipped it out, and sure it was. Put it in my tub with my other used bricks, got home to examine and found SHEILD  on it. Was quite chuffed. Now gonna see if I have the parts to build a deLorean, or are there more unique pieces in it? (apart  from the MFs of course?)
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,309
    ^Just the printed tile for the date settings.  Which you can't see from the outside.  Don't think there is anything else unique, what with it being an Ideas (well, Cuusoo) set.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 347
    ^Just the printed tile for the date settings.  Which you can't see from the outside.  Don't think there is anything else unique, what with it being an Ideas (well, Cuusoo) set.
    Thank you, I'll keep my eye out, but doubt I'll be as lucky
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,475
    I wouldn’t mind if they released one that looked like a deLorean :)
    florddmcc0sid3windr
    colay said:
    CCC said:
    And I dont know which I have, as it's unopened. However, buying lose bricks the other day, a piece through the clear container looked at me and I thought, that looks like a fluxcapacitor. Tipped it out, and sure it was. Put it in my tub with my other used bricks, got home to examine and found SHEILD  on it. Was quite chuffed. Now gonna see if I have the parts to build a deLorean, or are there more unique pieces in it? (apart  from the MFs of course?)
    ... also the unique number plates, the orange futuristic one, and the vanity 'outtatime' one.
    I wouldn’t mind if they released one that looked like a deLorean :)
    Tell me about it! I'm still looking for a good MOC of one online too before having a go myself.
    Astrobricks