Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Replacement pieces?

ApryldsAprylds TexasMember Posts: 4
New to the forum so apologies if this is not in the correct spot.

I got my son the advent calendar this year and of course the first piece he lost was Santa’s hat.  Can I get a replacement for that or do I have to buy another calendar?  Thanks!

Comments

• Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 420
    You could try Lego customer service.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 610
    Google "missing lego piece" and it should bring you to one of their customer service pages, where you can say "a piece is missing", enter the set number, and browse for the Santa hat.  They should mail you the piece free of charge.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,348
    @Aprylds - Lego CS can definitely help. I’m not sure what the charges are in the USA for a single piece + postage but we are still in the time of peace and goodwill to all men, little ones and minifigs, so tell them how sad Santa is because of his missing hat and you never know...

The website address is https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 297
    Technically the missing piece replacement is for parts missing from a new set, not lost parts. LEGO is pretty nice about sending out free replacements though, until you abuse the system or if you ask for too many. On the same page where you request parts that were left out of a new set is the Bricks and Pieces section where you can buy new parts directly from them. Not all parts are available though, and that service isn't available during the holidays. 
      You could also get them from a site like BrickOwl or BrickLink.
    https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-minifigure-winter-hat-10650-15911
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts?chosenFlow=3
    sid3windr
  • ApryldsAprylds TexasMember Posts: 4
    Thank y’all so much for the help.  I have a rule in my house that if a toy gets broken or is missing pieces, it gets thrown away or donated.  He’s terrified I’ll make him get rid of the set if he doesn’t find it.  I might have to change my rule for LEGO.
    Modeltrainman1265
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 9,014
    Aprylds said:
    Thank y’all so much for the help.  I have a rule in my house that if a toy gets broken or is missing pieces, it gets thrown away or donated.  He’s terrified I’ll make him get rid of the set if he doesn’t find it.  I might have to change my rule for LEGO.
    If you have a LEGO store around you the Build a Figure bars also have the Santa hats in their bins currently. CS should be able to offer a replacement for free, just do not abuse the charity :-)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,748
    As per MadforLego above. My 2 girls were in the Lego shop today and built 3 figures each - one was a Santa. Plenty of Santa hats and all the other pieces - except the beard. We told the littl'un that after Christmas day, Santa has a shave and a rest so doesn't have a beard in January. She seemed happy with that explanation (she just turned 4 last week) and got a bright red toolbox instead of a sack.
    560HeliportAstrobricksmadforLEGOHugeYellowBrick
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 180
    As per MadforLego above. My 2 girls were in the Lego shop today and built 3 figures each - one was a Santa. Plenty of Santa hats and all the other pieces - except the beard. We told the littl'un that after Christmas day, Santa has a shave and a rest so doesn't have a beard in January. She seemed happy with that explanation (she just turned 4 last week) and got a bright red toolbox instead of a sack.
    I have a crap-ton of those white beards! Think every set I had a Santa minifig in (inc advent calendars) included a spare so shouldn't be tough to get hold of one!