Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Next Modular: Town Hall (10224)

Comments

• asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 194
    "5 copies" ?? LOL

The #1 customer at the Bellevue, WA Lego store has spent $600,000 over the life time of the VIP program. He was invited to that special buyers day event.
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    double vip will be march first thru 5th
    edited February 2012
    No mention of the haunted house.....Mainly town hall, technic trucks, let customers know another train will be coming this yr....
    congrats to the 600k in points the number one customer has..
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    another train will be coming this yr....
    I knew it! .. so between these options ..
    (1) Yet __another__ cargo train (mad but possible)
    (2) Another steam train
    (3) A new passenger train - this time a decent high speed train.

I would definitely be more than happy if #2 or #3 happen, but I think #3 is the most likely.

• DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited February 2012
    Haunted house would be cool. It could be possible because I think there will be a few house and shop modulars released in between significant buildings like the fire brigade, town hall and possibly police station if that is in the line up.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    ^ It's more than possible. ;o) Just don't know when in the year.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard UtahMember Posts: 320
    I wonder if that new train is referring to the monster fighter's train rather than one aimed at AFOLs; hopefully not
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    edited February 2012
    FYI double VIP points March 1st through March 15th, for those who were 'waiting' it coincides with the release of TH rather nicely.

With double VIP and a $20 off $100 coupon it effectively brings it down almost 20% on release day, not a bad deal at ~$160.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    @flump6523 - I I'm tracking correctly, you're now on the hook for another PotC ship and a Haunted House. ;o)
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I will definitely be picking up TH during the Double VIP promotion. Come on March 1st!!!
    edited February 2012
    ^^ Lol. Well, I'm just going have to hope my source is correct. :o) They've not been wrong so far with info I've not passed on. They were privileged enough to physically see and handle the two new 2012 UCS sets last year so I'm guessing their newer info will stand up.

Admittedly, I had second thoughts about TFD following some of the responses on here but have yet to catch up with them again to query it. With the HH mod, I did question whether they had got mixed up with the forthcoming Haunted Castle, and they replied 'no' and explained that the new HH mod was pretty intregate and would physically connect to the more traditional mods, albeit look a little weird in the street scene.

I guess it will be egg on my face if they're wrong hey?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    $20 off $100 coupon
    @pcirone where do you get one of these?
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    edited February 2012
    ^^ Your LYING! :P
    @yys4u - You got me officer, take me away! :o)
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    $20 off $100 coupon
    @pcirone where do you get one of these?
    I got them on ebay for about a buck each, and there was another thread talking about this.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ these are typically restricted by stores. The one I found on eBay was limited to stores essentially in NY, NJ, Penn, and Ohio. Make sure you check before purchase.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    @flump6523 give up your source! Who are they lol?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    ^ Maybe he has a direct line to @The_God_of_LEGO? :)
  • drakusdrakus Member Posts: 16
    Anybody has and idea how tall this modular will be? I am trying to determine if it will fit on my shelf since it's taller than the GE. I tried to see the details in the released pictures but it's unreadable.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,550
    Just count the bricks that it rises above the Grand Emporium, then stack an equal number on top of your Grand Emporium and see if it fits on the shelf then. If it doesn't, the Town Hall won't.
    @Dougout - I have no idea. It calls itself Sleeping Dragon. They contact me every other Waxing Crescent but I've never seen their face. If I need to contact them, I have to Skype some obscure and encrypted number. All very mysterious. :o)
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    "Also want people to push the mini modulars since they aren't selling as well as they thought."

As was predicted. That set is ridiculously overpriced and IMHO rather useless.
  • Firox5000Firox5000 Member Posts: 61
    I'm predicting the uk price will hopefully be £129.99. If it's more than £170.00 I will complain to them and skip it.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 1,996
    I realize I'm quite late to the party here... but does it not bug anyone else that the building is so tall that the 'unfinished' sides of the building are visible over the tops of the others (similar to my GE when I have the fourth floor in)?
    Thats why they want you to buy two or more of each of their modulars. The bigger problem people will have with this set is 200 dollar price tag. Of course not all will have a problem with the price tag.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    We won't have a problem with the $200 price tag down in NZ and Australia, it'll be more like $350 :)
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @y2josh No, because most of us are planning to find the extra windows to turn it into a stand alone building :)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,764
    UK price is £150, almost certainly a March 1st release date.
  • GrogallGrogall Munich, GermanyMember Posts: 159
    edited February 2012
    Well the official picture are up from the Lego
    Website, I have posted them on Eurobricks here!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59286&view=findpost&p=1207343
  • makmak Member Posts: 300
    ^ Awesome!
  • legirllegirl Member Posts: 105
    Can't wait to get my hands on this
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,870
    edited February 2012
    Huw has just posted the press release on the front page.
    http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2558

Nice little video on youtube as usually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlVOlwxM2E

• Agent_DebrisAgent_Debris Member Posts: 55
    Nice video......Erm, is it just me or did you also see the UCS R2D2 at the start of the video!!!??...
    And a haunted house... (0.02) @flump6523, you might just be right...
  • Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 222
    ^ Good catch. 2 seconds in. From the glimpse it looks pretty good.
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, looks like it:
    To be on topic: Nice video, as usual. Interesting that Astrid made a reference to Berard at the beginning.
    With two of the new ghosts by the looks of things. Seasonal Halloween release? (Like the seasonal winter village stuff?)
    And a haunted house... (0.02) @flump6523, you might just be right...
    Thank f*ck for that! Worried? Just a bit! :o)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    ^ I had faith in the credibility of Sleeping Dragon's information!
    WANT NEED that haunted house!!!
    edited February 2012
    Darn it, thats about £350 of my cash gone right there in about 0.2 seconds of footage!!!
    And thats before it gets to the Town Hall!
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141
    That haunted house looks quite a bit more substantial than the seasonal winter sets - even if it's open at the back, the front facade looks great
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    That haunted house is stunning. And it reminds me of Mike Doyle's creations.

http://mocpages.com/home.php/62542
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    yeah, the haunted house looks fantastic. modular quality for sure. whether it's a one-off or the first in a new lineup remains to be seen. What is certain however is that I will be buying it...
    @littletoki, my thoughts exactly!!!
  • Great_small76Great_small76 Member Posts: 23
    Id have to shift some of my Fire Brigades before being able to go for the Town Hall. Might be waiting a while as I have been told the Fire Brigade wont be going until next year.
    was hoping r2d2 would be taller
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Oh, that R2-D2 is SOOOOO coming home with me!!! :)

I can't wait to see the grin on my 6 year old son's face when he sees that, R2 is his "buddy". :)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    R2 needs to be reasonable in size to get people to buy him, plus if it is too big, it is overwhelming to kids, they actually need smaller, not bigger.

You have to look at it through the eyes of a 6 year old boy. :)
    Have to say. I think that looks like a great size, much bigger and it would be a pain to display.
  • veritas313veritas313 Member Posts: 80
    Why on earth have Lego leaked a clip of the haunted house? I really don't understand their logic or strategy sometimes. Moving on .... Thanks anyway!!!