Spare-Parts in set 21042, Statue of Liberty

Hello to everyone,
after building the set 21042, Statue of Liberty, a really wonderfull set, some parts where left over. This is quiet usual. But in this case, three of the spare-parts are:
1x 6221729: Right Plate 1X2, w. Bow, 45 Deg. Cut
1x 6221730: Left Plate 1x2, w. Bow, 45 Deg. Cut
1x 6196591: Plate w. Bow 1x2x⅔
All parts colored Sand Green. 
I took the model apart, counted the parts and built it again, and the parts where still left over.
This three parts are also not listet at the Rebrickable.com inventory. Usually rebrickable.com lists all the parts of a set, including the spare-parts. 
I think this is really unusual. Spare-Parts have never been bigger then 1x1, like plates 1x1, flat tiles 1x1 and so on. 

Did anyone found out the same „problem“?
I bought the set at the Vienna LEGO-Store (Donauzentrum), December 7th. 2018. 

Greetings, Erich

Comments

• dbrougedbrouge QcMember Posts: 22
    When I have doubts about a spare part, I recheck the instructions to make sure I used all occurrences of the part, count them and check against part list count at the end of instructions.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    edited December 2018
    I think, considering the number of those parts in the set, and their small size, this seems like a reasonable set of spares. TLG is being nice in case you lost one in the couch cushions :-)
  • legoradioenriquelegoradioenrique ViennaMember Posts: 4
    I‘ve checked all parts conscientious. 
    Is this forced by LEGO or is it a mistake in the production line. 
    All the sets i own, bought all over the years, have never been equiped with such „big“ spare-parts. 
    By the way, i‘m glad to get three parts more. 

There are much bigger things to worry about. 
    Have heard of the wonders of the black VIP card? ;-)
    You are right. 
    I‘ve read about the black VIP card, but i don‘t own one. 
    edited December 2018
    You are right. 
    If for some reason you want to read a lot of complaining, read the thread on the Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP card. If you are not a masochist, I wouldn’t.
  • dbrougedbrouge QcMember Posts: 22
    edited December 2018
    <sarcasm> I don't have one either and I can say I pretty much had the same promotions as those who do have one. </sarcasm>
    PJ76ukSprinkleOtterM1J0Ebandit778
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 616
    edited December 2018
    Ive had two sets I've purchased in the last year come with a spare 2*16 plate, so I wouldnt worry too much about those three, it's not impossible that they're spares
    Ive had two sets I've purchased in the last year come with a spare 2*16 plate, so I wouldnt worry too much about those three, it's not impossible that they're spares
    I’m climbing into my bomb-proof bunker now. I’m pretty sure THATS a sign of the apocalypse!
    „So I wouldnt worry too much about those three, it's not impossible that they're spares.“
    I don‘t worry about those three parts, i worry about the quality check of LEGO.
    In an other case (about a missing piece) i was in contact with LEGO, and they told me that every box and poly-bag inside will be waight exactly before sold. This is done to prevent missing pieces. 
    In the other way, to much pieces should also be declaired as failure. 
    Is a 2x16 plate, 1x2 plate w. bow really a spare part?
    I hope, i will never get a new box of LEGO with missing parts, just because the scales are inexactly. 

edited January 1
    „So I wouldnt worry too much about those three, it's not impossible that they're spares.“
    I don‘t worry about those three parts, i worry about the quality check of LEGO.
    In an other case (about a missing piece) i was in contact with LEGO, and they told me that every box and poly-bag inside will be waight exactly before sold. This is done to prevent missing pieces. 
    In the other way, to much pieces should also be declaired as failure. 
    Is a 2x16 plate, 1x2 plate w. bow really a spare part?
    I hope, i will never get a new box of LEGO with missing parts, just because the scales are inexactly. 

Well, you’ve sort of answered your own question. Lego knows that their ability to detect missing pieces through weight may not be perfect. That is why (from what I’ve heard) they add one or two extra of the smallest pieces in a bag. Sometimes they do miss something. In those rare cases, calling CS will get you the missing pieces.
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 462
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/lego-history/articles/pre-pack-plastic-bags-6462b48595004f7da455104b0f7f6f5f  This link seems to show they’re down to a 3 per million error rate.  Zero would be impossible, so it seems in rare instances like this, CS helps with a shortage of parts.  And if you get extra pieces?  I’m sure LEGO accounts for that over their millions of sales, and knows their error rate is low, and probably enviably low for any manufacturing.  I’ve heard that they add the extra smallest pieces as well to ensure there’s no shortage of the smallest pieces, as presumably from a customer service perspective, it’s preferable to have extra pieces in a run than a shortage.  
    Astrobricks