Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Chinese New Year 80101

124»

Comments

• ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 716
    I ordered mine from an ebay seller from Korea.  I noticed that the entire ends (openings) are sealed with clear tape.  It has the original seals underneath.  Anyone know if this something that is common for Asian/Korean Lego sets?
  • green_papergreen_paper VancouverMember Posts: 10
    I ordered mine from an ebay seller from Korea.  I noticed that the entire ends (openings) are sealed with clear tape.  It has the original seals underneath.  Anyone know if this something that is common for Asian/Korean Lego sets?
    Interesting, I got mine from ToysRUs in HK and there is TRU tape on the ends too!
    ReesesPieces
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 752
    Theft is more prevalent in some stores so they do this as a deterrent. Not common, but I've certainly seen sets sealed this way.
    ReesesPieces
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 716
    Thanks @Jern92.  Umm...so it is from the store end.  That is interesting to know.
    edited February 19
    UPDATE: More Dragon Dance (80102) sets are now available on Toys r Us Online, but I will need to pay for shipping to get them delivered to me, so total cost per set shipped to your location is now MYR400 (as opposed to MYR350 before). I will only place an order with them if people are agreeable to this price.

I'm currently working my way down the list, but can those who previously indicated interest but have changed their minds notify me, so I can go straight to those who are still interested?

NOTE: I previously quoted prices in USD, but the exchange rate has changed quite a bit since last month, so now I'm sticking to MYR.
    madforLEGOPoochy
    UPDATE: Sold out again
    SumoLego
  • mdtvandymdtvandy USAMember Posts: 49
    I'm seeing a decent number available for around $120-$130 shipped. Is the retail price around $100 USD, so $130 isn't that unreasonable?
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 669
    Anyone else here have the dragon dance for sale or trade?
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,099
    @mdtvandy RRP is MYR 269.90 (USD 66) for #80101 and MYR 249.90 (USD 61) for #80102.

Whether USD 130 shipped is reasonable or not you can decide from @Jern92's offer who generously shipped #80102 at cost for MYR 350 (USD 86).
    Jern92SumoLego
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 576
    The sets are much more expensive in China, close to $100 USD IIRC
    SumoLego
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 49
    Just heard from @Jern92 and 80102 Dragon Dance is being shipped to me some time this week. I am so grateful that he has taken the time and trouble to help many of us who would otherwise have no access to these sets!
    SumoLegogmonkey76LittleLorikiki180703snowhitie
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,233
    edited February 25
    I may be behind, but has anyone discussed #80103? I just saw it over on eBay.

*Watermarked image deleted*
    As far as I know #80103 will be released to celebrate the Dragon Boat Festival which is June 7 in 2019. It will probably be released a month or so in advance.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 473
    samiam391 said:

I think at least one eBay store has used the confidential image but actually the description is for something else entirely- take care!
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,233
    samiam391 said:

My mistake- apparently I'm blind and didn't see the watermark!
    #80102 arrived today in perfect condition thanks to @Jern92 and I just heard that #80101 is on it's way! Woohoo, good times!
    madforLEGOJern92kiki180703
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    @Jern92 Just want to publicly thank you for sending me 80101.  Mine arrived a few days ago, but I haven't had the time to pick up the mails until today.  Thanks again!
    SumoLegogmonkey76LittleLorikiki180703Jern92
    I just got #80101 from @Jern92 as well. It was well packed and arrived in perfect shape. Thank you again so much!
    PoochyJern92
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 419
    I'll be heading to Singapore in a week and was wondering if anyone happens to know whether Lego or TRU there still have either of these CNY sets in stock.  Thanks in advance!
  • LEGOFan2LEGOFan2 USAMember Posts: 418
    I think that they should just because a friend of mine who lives there has bought a lot of them from both stores on Saturday.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,169
    edited April 1
    @Jern92 I have received the set and well packed. Thanks again!
    Jern92bpk2300kiki180703
124»