Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Train enthusiasts- all aboooooard!

gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 259
edited December 3 in Building and Techniques
This is from a separate, folded brochure included with #65001 (2014 Cargo Train) & #65002 (2014 High-Speed Passenger Train). I want to make the larger layout & have all required tracks but would like to know the area it takes up. Any fellow engineers have this current setup, can you measure for me? Id prefer not to dismantle my current homemade setup to determine it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,213
    This is just my educated guess based on stud length/width: 

Each straight track is 16 studs, or 5". Four curved tracks are approximately 13.5" in length and height (16 curved tracks make a 27" diameter circle). 

For this layout, the bottom portion of the track is 4 curved, 8 straight, and 4 curved, or 67". The left side of the track is 4 curved, 8 straight (two of those being the switch track) and 4 curved, or 67". 

Assuming you wouldn't need the adjusted lengths for the upper right corner, your layout would be approximately 67" x 67". 
    madforLEGOgelkstermak0137
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 259
    OK great, I mustve measured wrong cuz I got 5'10" x 3'9".

Now that I look closely, is IS closer to a square than a rectangle.