The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Extra blank lines showing up in posts

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,691
Some users are having extra blank lines added to their posts. If they include one blank line, what comes out is three. See this thread for examples and a brief off-topic discussion of the problem:
https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/29526/custom-part-seller-question-chromed-infinity-gauntlet#latest
gmonkey76snowhitiemadforLEGOLegopants

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,669
    Good to make a new thread for this. It has been going on for a while. When I see it happening I usually go back and edit the comment but it doesn't seem to happen every time. It also happens in PM's, and there you can't go back and edit.

@Huw I've taken some screenshots of the HTML code and what it looks like, maybe this can be of help?

So this is how my comment shows up the first time: as you see, that gives extra lines.

This is what I typed, just a paragraph sapced:

This is the HTML: it seems to add extra br in there, you could take that out every time but that's a lot of work.

Don't know if it's helpful at all, but if this could be sorted, that would be great!
    AstrobricksLegopants
    As you can see, the forum made extra spaces in my comment again. I'll leave it like that for now so you can see the issue in the source maybe.
    AstrobricksLegopants
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,242
    edited November 28
    I've no idea why it's doing this, but as you point out above, if you look at the posts in question in markup view there's loads of superfluous DIVs in them.

I'll report it to Vanilla Support if it remains a problem at the end of the week. 

This one of mine is fine...
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 683
    I always thought those extra spaces were just big images that can't load. Nice to know it's not a problem entirely on my end, for once.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,912
    Yep, I've been experiencing the same problem for a few weeks.
    Still happening to me. Even in PM, just writing the message below. For anoyne getting these messages from me with extra spaces, I'm not trying to be dramatic. I also remembered when it started, it was when the big cycling trip was happening. I remember thinking, I'm not going to mention it now since Huw is probably pretty busy :)).

Hiya X,

Santa has posted your parcel! Let me know when it gets there please.

Cathy

^so funnily enough, it's not put any lines in between there, althoug it does in my PM's. And it did put an extra space between my paragraph and the other one.