Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Custom part seller question - chromed Infinity Gauntlet

Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience purchasing chromed parts from this store:

I'm not interested in the Infinity Gauntlet sets as I have all of the characters I'm interested in from other sets. I am, however, interested in the Thanos big fig and the infinity gauntlet but the chromed part may be worth it comes with all of the stones too.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,067
    Why

all

of

the

blank

lines?
    SprinkleOtterCM4S
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    Hi,I was wondering if anyone had any experience purchasing chromed parts from this store:https://store.bricklink.com/sk8erboi?itemID=154444983#/shop?o={%22invID%22:%22154444983%22}I'm not interested in the Infinity Gauntlet sets as I have all of the characters I'm interested in from other sets. I am, however, interested in the Thanos big fig and the infinity gauntlet but the chromed part may be worth it comes with all of the stones too.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Mike

Better?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,349
    edited November 2018
    (Seems a bit nitpicky - who cares about spaces?  I'm happy there is punctuation and a series or related, coherent thoughts.)

I have not purchased from that seller, but I find it intriguing!  Can you get one without the Stones?
    SprinkleOtter560Heliport
    Hi,I was wondering if anyone had any experience purchasing chromed parts from this store:https://store.bricklink.com/sk8erboi?itemID=154444983#/shop?o={%22invID%22:%22154444983%22}I'm not interested in the Infinity Gauntlet sets as I have all of the characters I'm interested in from other sets. I am, however, interested in the Thanos big fig and the infinity gauntlet but the chromed part may be worth it comes with all of the stones too.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Mike

Better?
    Sorry, no offense. Just seemed like something might be off with your browser or something.
    I do it for better readability.
    Astrobricksdavetheoxygenmankiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    I've never bought chromed parts but I would expect it to be good as long as there are no red flags in the feedback for the store. I get the impression people who chrome bricks are pretty hardcore as far as quality goes.
    SumoLegogmonkey76kiki180703HugeYellowBrick
    edited November 2018
    I do it for better readability.
    It must look different on our separate browsers. Your first post has three blank lines in each place where I assume by your response you only entered one. 
    I’ll shut up about it now :)

SumoLego
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    edited November 2018
    That's a bug in the forum software since a few months.

@snowhitie also suffers from it, as do I.

There's only one blank line in between each of these sentences in my editing window.
    Astrobrickssnowhitiekiki180703mak0137
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 625
    Iforonethinkblankspacesareoverrated,notjustblanklines.Waymoreefficient.
    560Heliportdmcc0LittleLorimak0137gmonkey76Mynatt
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 683
    ^because white pixels are expensive? ;)
    Thanks to those who were actually helpful. I'll probably give it a shot. 
    sid3windr said:
    That's a bug in the forum software since a few months.

@snowhitie also suffers from it, as do I.

There's only one blank line in between each of these sentences in my editing window.
    New topic added for this in Forum Operation. Apologies to @Bosstone100 for the distraction :)
    ^ Interesting. When I quoted @sid3windr’s comment, the extra lines went away.
    sid3windr
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    I've never bought from them so cannot say for sure, but from the pictures they do appear to be decent "chrome" finishes. A few years back there were a few sellers who were chroming parts by spray painting them with regular auto paint, but I think they have been found out through feedback and disappeared now.