Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Scala

AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 749
I've decided not to try and complete the Scala range so I'm about to upload the parts and/or sets that I do have to my BrickOwl store. I've just opened set #5838 The Wicked Madam Frost - and it doesn't come with any instructions...

It's a pretty basic build, just a figure, a small scene and a couple of other little things, but I'm very surprised there are no build instructions. The only paper insert was a marketing piece for the rest of the Scala range and some Harry Potter sets.

I'm curious to know if this is normal for small sets around this time?
FowlerBricks

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    Maybe it was just a Scala thing? Some interesting parts in there. The trans blue plate and the green pitcher are really cool.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,349
    That is a spooky set, for sure.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 749
    It may indeed be a Scala thing because set #5836 is the same.
    Evidence is stacking up! Neither #5837 or #3204 come with instructions. Only two other sets left to open up, one of them being the big castle - hope that comes with instructions!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    I'm impressed you have so many sealed sets. Did you check bricklink to see if instructions were listed for any of them?
    Indeed, none of those I've opened up have any instructions available for sale on BL, nor any price history. Just seems so un-Lego like. They're not difficult builds by any means, looking at the box art should be enough for most people, but these sets have age ranges of 5+ and perhaps it may be a little difficult at that age.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Aleydita said:
    It may indeed be a Scala thing because set #5836 is the same.
    I don't think some duplo sets (such as the playhouse series, like you just posted in another thread) had instructions either. These were aimed at kids so young, instructions are almost pointless.
    Dacta sets tend to have instructions available as a separate product (a school might buy 10 playhouses but decide to buy only 5 sets of instructions, etc.). You're right though, some of the Duplo I buy for the kids doesn't have instructions, but the bigger sets do.
    Good news! #5850 does come with instructions! Curiously, it's the set's figures that show you how to build the various items of furniture. Never seen this before.

pxchrisBumblepantsmithridate
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    I think the Fabuland guys and gals also built the stuff in their instructions.
    Aleydita
  • FabulandloverFabulandlover SomewhereMember Posts: 2
    Aleydita said:
    Good news! #5850 does come with instructions! Curiously, it's the set's figures that show you how to build the various items of furniture. Never seen this before.

Isn't that Belville, rather than Scala?

sid3windr said:
    I think the Fabuland guys and gals also built the stuff in their instructions.
    True, there was a storyline, and during the story the Fabuland figures build the set. Often at the end they showed some creative alternatives.
    Aleydita said:

Isn't that Belville, rather than Scala?
    Ah ofc, silly me. Only had the one Belville set so it was stored with the Scala sets.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,010
    I'm under the impression that most of the ones you've mentioned are Belville... 
    What the hell is going on. I know I'm not sleeping much due to the triplets but this is messing with my head...!
    Aleydita said:
    Evidence is stacking up! Neither #5837 or #3204 come with instructions. Only two other sets left to open up, one of them being the big castle - hope that comes with instructions!
    3204 is Scala though! And Brickset doesn't have a pic, maybe you can provide them with one? :-)
    Bumblepantsmithridate
    sid3windr said:
    Aleydita said:
    3204 is Scala though! And Brickset doesn't have a pic, maybe you can provide them with one? :-)
    The box wasn't in the best shape because I tore it up for recycling, so this is the best I could do :)

@Huw the above image may be better than none at all for #3204 :-)