AstrobricksRonyarmadforLEGOThe_Stud

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    edited November 2018
    Where’d you find a JCPenney? ;)

Any deals?
    SumoLego
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 523
    I remember getting a Divers set (remember those? Back in 1997) from a JC Penney. Good to see Lego still crops up there.

I found half an aisle of Lego at Kroger's here in Houston. I've been to many Kroger stores in my life, including many Signature ones, and this was the first time I ever saw any Lego there!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,907
    edited November 2018
    Where’d you find a JCPenney? ;)
    It's right between Sears and Woolworth.

Oooo!  Hungry Hungry Hippos!
    SprinkleOtterAstrobricks
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 214
    I think the Geoffrey’s Pop Up Toy Boxes (TRU) will be at Kroger stores. 
    Poor Penney’s. Their thread’s already been hijacked :(
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,822
    Just a gut feeling but JCP seems really likely to struggle with excluding Lego in sales and coupons so there might be some good opportunities there.
    SumoLegopharmjodThe_Stud
    Just a gut feeling but JCP seems really likely to struggle with excluding Lego in sales and coupons so there might be some good opportunities there.
    OTOH, is it at all likely that JCP would have the clout to get TLG to let them do that, given the way they discourage or prevent it at other stores?
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    I suppose there could be loopholes in the system, much like the early days when the B&N BF coupons would work on all Lego.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    @Lego_Lord_Mayorca Was it one of the newer Marketplace stores? My regular Kroger has only ever had some SW microfighters out at Christmas time.

I believe there might still be a JCP at one of the malls around me, but I haven't been for years so I'm not sure.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    They have a black friday ad on their site, showing this, which is barely visible or legible 
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 523
    @MegtheCat Yeah, come to think of it, this was a Kroger Marketplace! They even had aisles full of clothes! Definitely a new experience for me, finding that and Lego, there.
    MegtheCat
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^We don't have any of those near me, but I'd be interested in checking one out.